Truth Addict

All mathematics destroyed (1 + 1 = 1)

66 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Dodo said:

The ratio is there, even if you don't have a way to express it. It's as real as anything, it's there waiting to be measured. 

Exactly. The ratio is there. Period.

Try to grasp this. It is not intelligence even from materialistic point of view, here is why: what were the chances that 1+1 to make 3 ? None. So, if 1+1=2 is the only possibility, there is no other situation from which nature to chose from so that it made a "clever" choice. This is a pure materialistic argument. Mathematics does not imply intelligence at all. It is the way things are.

The ability to solve equations can be attributed to a materialistic sort of intelligence, which is another story.

Another story is also the intelligence of the God.

1+1=2 is a property of created matter. You should question if the one who created that matter is intelligent or not,

To resume, the universe is not intelligent, including maths. It's creator might be, but it's not.

Edited by George Paul

1 hour ago, QandC said:

Haha this is funny

Synchronize because I wrote this in the new book I'm currently writing (before I saw this post).

In all essence, mathematics is a collective agreement. We add a meta-belief to that "1" + "1" = 2. That's all science really is, a collective agreement, a language. Not Truth.

Thank you ? you just gave the brief for the whole post: "A collective agreement, a language, Not Truth"

I lost hope for a minute, cuz it's so obvious, it can't be unseen. Still it's hard for some people to see it.

And I would like to read your book when it's done if you don't mind ?

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

"The laws of mathematics, having relation to the real world, are unreliable and robust mathematical laws are not relevant to the real world."

"Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater."

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

- Albert Einstein

Thank you ?

Definitely Einstein got it. Otherwise he would have been some typical "nerd" or maybe a "philosophical zombie".

Sometimes you gotta be the kid that points at the king with no clothes. 

If you have 2 pieces of cake, you will eat more. Twice more than if you have 1 piece of cake. 

If I have 1/3rd of a cake and you have 1/3rd of a cake, there is 1/3rd of a cake left for someone else. 

If these don't relate to reality then I'm a donkey. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Ofcourse you guys are right brain dominated so you're not going to see the truth of the left.

The trick is to be in the middle, so you marry God and logic

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I think the question is: is mathematics based on reality or is it an invention of the mind?

This has been a question for ages.

Are mind and reality separate? I would say they are not.

If you create a symbol in your mind, that becomes part of reality.

It‘s not absolute, but still part of reality.

1+1=11

:P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1+1=11

:P

Could be if ur thinking binary or geometricaly. But that doesn't break the rule: they are only thoughts. Math is thoughts.

it has exactly the same existence as any other object in the realm zone. 

Edited by George Paul

@Leo Gura Now I get a sense of how hard your job is. Delivering insights is not easy as I imagined it to be. Respect Leo! Really.

On 10/06/2018 at 4:02 PM, George Paul said:

Exactly. The ratio is there. Period.

Try to grasp this. It is not intelligence even from materialistic point of view, here is why: what were the chances that 1+1 to make 3 ? None. So, if 1+1=2 is the only possibility, there is no other situation from which nature to chose from so that it made a "clever" choice. This is a pure materialistic argument. Mathematics does not imply intelligence at all. It is the way things are.

The ability to solve equations can be attributed to a materialistic sort of intelligence, which is another story.

Another story is also the intelligence of the God.

1+1=2 is a property of created matter. You should question if the one who created that matter is intelligent or not,

To resume, the universe is not intelligent, including maths. It's creator might be, but it's not.

Ok, but what you don't grasp is that I am talking about the fibonacci sequence,  not just 1+1=2.

It is extremely common that in this universe you find the golden ratio 1.618... Which is found by dividing one number from the fibonacci sequence with the one before it. 

Here's the sequence,  every other number is generated by the sum of the previous two:

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55....

The bigger the pair of numbers you choose, the closer to the golden ratio you get.

55/34= 1.618 to 3 decimal places.

Now the golden ratio is found everywhere in nature, including our bodies.

It's also the reason 4 leaf clovers are rare, as 4 is not a fibonacci number. 

This implies that the Universe works in a way that is consistent with the fibonacci sequence and ratio. Now that doesnt mean there is someone out there doing calculations and creating things, but it does mean that the way in which life works or grows has something to do with this mathematical model.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 09/06/2018 at 9:29 AM, Truth Addict said:

First of all, I'm not saying that mathematics is wrong or bad or anything like that, I'm here to make some things clear about it.

Also, I don't have any historical resources for my information below, I just assume that it happened the way I describe.

So we start:

Have you ever happened to question mathematics? Especially this special and most obvious truth of (1+1=2).

If you did question it, you'd immediately see what's really going on.

So my claim, in brief, is that all mathematics is only concepts within the mind, it doesn't have anything to do with the Truth.

For the case I'm here to discuss (1+1=2), whatever object in reality, it doesn't have any digital value (1 or 2 or anything else), because it is itself, and nothing else.

Mathematicians and logicians are (or maybe just the human mind) very intelligent thinkers, they were able to create conceptual values for objects, so then they could use it to benefit practically.

This means that we agreed (unconsciously, but they did consciously) that every distinct object in reality has a value of 1 and if we have another object then we have another 1 etc...

Now what happened is very smart and interesting, as human societies started to get complicated and increased in numbers, etc... They needed to create something to help them with their trades, relationships, life, etc... to make them easier, so they started to use mathematics; they (and we as well) agreed that they could combine distinct objects intellectually, so they created the "plus" symbol and used it as a tool to combine the digital values that they created in the first place.

They agreed that they could code this process with language (mathematics), just like any other language, to help socialize and interact easier.

So, for example, if we have an orange, we say we have one orange, and if we have another orange we say we have two oranges instead of saying we have one plus one oranges. (One orange + one orange = two oranges) rather than (one orange + one orange = one orange + one orange). Notice how beneficial this is, symbolic abbreviations that help us consume less time, especially these days when we deal with millions and billions. Actually, we can't perform without mathematics, because without mathematics, if you wanted to say one hundred you would say one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one etc... to a hundred, think about a million then ?

You see, we created this conceptual framework to make life easier, and it does make it easier. The problem here is that we take it for granted, and we tend to forget how it initiated and evolved.

This is the whole show at play, it's only a human convention. Not the Truth. And that's why we can't prove it, because you can't prove what you construct (you can't prove that C + A + T = CAT because it's it by your own definition).

In reality, we can't combine stuff together, if we have one orange and another one, and we want to combine them together, we will ultimately get one orange. An easier example to explain this is if we take each orange and squeeze it then combine the juices together, we will only get one single juice not two separate juices. That's why the final result of any combination must be one number that has one value, not a single digit necessarily, but a single whole number (a unity) (37485836 is a single number or a unity, because it's not 37485835 + 1)... (CAT is a single unity, because it's not C + A + T).

This is a proof of the unity of everything. One contains everything.

1 + 1 = 1

And I'm done.

@Dodo (hope I made my claims clear to you).

@Leo Gura (just in case you haven't seen the post). 

Ofcourse maths is conceptual, it never claimed to be anything else. This doesn't mean it's not true. It's an accurate / true science . It isn't "The Truth", maths obviously isn't Being,  but it is an accurate/true tool for understanding and working with objects.

If you say maths is not true, because it's a concept,  then by the same rule you can say your words are not true, because they are only concepts. Do you see your hypocrisy? 

To say what you're trying to say you need to remain silent. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo

On Saturday, June 09, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Truth Addict said:

First of all, I'm not saying that mathematics is wrong or bad or anything like that, I'm here to make some things clear about it.

And no, I can use language to tell you that language is a collective nonsense. I can use meaning to tell you that meaning is meaningless. I can enter the matrix to get you out of it. ;)

In fact, I need to, it's the only way, sometimes paradox is inevitable.

But if you're here to win, then you win. I wouldn't mind.

Have a nice day/night, whatever. ?

19 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Dodo

And no, I can use language to tell you that language is a collective nonsense. I can use meaning to tell you that meaning is meaningless. I can enter the matrix to get you out of it. ;)

In fact, I need to, it's the only way, sometimes paradox is inevitable.

But if you're here to win, then you win. I wouldn't mind.

Have a nice day/night, whatever. ?

How do you know I am lost in the matrix, I might also be in the matrix to take people (you) out  lol

If language is a collective nonsense and the only way you can communicate it is language, then by your own definition you are talking nonsense.

You can't say that all language is nonsense, because this sentence defeats itself. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

12 minutes ago, Dodo said:

How do you know I am lost in the matrix, I might also be in the matrix to take people (you) out  lol

If language is a collective nonsense and the only way you can communicate it is language, then by your own definition you are talking nonsense.

You can't say that all language is nonsense, because this sentence defeats itself. 

Yes, only logically. But what if there's something beyond logic? A strange loop, for example.

All language is a collective agreement, not Truth, including my statement(s).

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

Yes, only logically. But what if there's something beyond logic? A strange loop, for example.

All language is a collective agreement, not Truth, including my statement(s).

There are true statements and false statements. The numbers are simply used as pointers, just like words. The numbers 1 and 2 do not exist, but they are a pointer for quantity of objects. That's what it deals with that's what it was created for, objects within the dream. Same with words, words are not real entities, they are again pointers. For example the word "apple" is a pointer for the fruit that you can touch, see and eat.  

If I give you 1 apple (finite object) and another apple (finite object), you will have 2 apples (finite collection of objects)

If in your "destroying mathematics" equation you're using the same unit (in this case the unit is apple), then  you're saying that 1 apple + 1 apple = 1 apple (Note that if you're adding apple juice, you would be measuring it in litres and the result will be twice the amount of litres 1 litre apple juice + 1 litre apple juice = 2 litres apple juice)
1 + 1 does not mean you are joining the 2 apples together as in you're creating a cyborg creature. The + sign simply means you are putting them together, like in a bowl or in your hands. 

Do this test in practice and you'll see it's correct every time. Definition of truth is something that is 100% correct. Note we are not talking about being in this conversation, this conversation is happening within being and it's about the validity of a tool designed for dealing with objects within being, not with being itself (which is infinite, indivisible field of awareness).

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Truth Addict Bottom line is, if you want to prove that 1+1 = 1 and "destroy mathematics" you have to show your equation is true using the same unit on LHS and RHS and that unit should be an object. You cannot invent new maths, you can only be cheeky and poetical about it, but it's still wrong. Mathematics deals with objects by definition, so if you say it's wrong, you have to use objects to prove it. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo

There are no true or false statements. There are only statements, when you add a description, you add a belief. True or false is just a belief.

2 itself is 1 in its nature because it is not 1 and 1. Haven't you realized this Truth yet? 

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Dodo

There are no true or false statements. There are only statements, when you add a description, you add a belief. True or false is just a belief.

2 itself is 1 in its nature because it is not 1 and 1. Haven't you realized this Truth yet? 

Are you saying your statement here is true? :D Hypocrisy 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

Are you saying your statement here is true? :D Hypocrisy 

No, it's just a statement and it's an illusion. All statements are pointers to the Truth one way or another. You know the Truth when you see all the illusions.