fireworld

If all is Conciousness, how do we then explain the Law of Attraction?

75 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura If what you said is true wouldnt it then be possible to do things considered paranormal when on a 5-Meo-DMT Trip since you are in "god mode" as you call it. Shouldnt you be able to interfere with reality at will when you become god? 

Just consider someone literally flying through the air while tripping balls, I think you wil agree this sounds silly, but why? - Wouldnt it be a reasonable assumption based on what you said?

Edited by MM1988

I'm happy someone else had the same question as me, it makes me think i'm not alone or behind [: I asked it in a different way though in another topic, saying if thoughts are second order reality how can they mold consciousness and if they can't, how does law of attraction work. glad leo answered. it helped a lot

26 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

@Leo Gura If what you said is true wouldnt it then be possible to do things considered paranormal when on a 5-Meo-DMT Trip since you are in "god mode" as you call it. Shouldnt you be able to interfere with reality at will when you become god? 

Just consider someone literally flying through the air while tripping balls, I think you wil agree this sounds silly, but why? - Wouldnt it be a reasonable assumption based on what you said?

Intresting Question.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

30 minutes ago, Azza said:

saying if thoughts are second order reality how can they mold consciousness and if they can't, how does law of attraction work.

Here's my take, law of attraction doesn't work, never did, if it looks like you attracted something it's merely a coincidence or you worked for it. 

The relative you, you appear to be (ego/person), is a thought. The I-thought to be specific. You aren't even the thinker of the thoughts, let alone, be able to attract objects vibrationally with a thought, that you didn't "really" think.

Yes, I know it "seems" as though you are the thinker...but your not, you are awareness, aware OF the thought and if attention is placed on thought it seems like it's "your" thought and that if you conjure up enough attention and place it on the thought- "winning the lottery", then it will come true.

That's dreaming, wishing, praying, but not LOA, because you don't have power to alter the intellegent design of the universe, with its physical laws, with thought/thinking. You can however, motivate yourself with thought and visualization that will be beneficial for obtaining goals, but that's not LOA.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Here's my take, law of attraction doesn't work, never did, if it looks like you attracted something it's merely a coincidence or you worked for it. 

The relative you, you appear to be (ego/person), is a thought. The I-thought to be specific. You aren't even the thinker of the thoughts, let alone, be able to attract objects vibrationally with a thought, that you didn't "really" think.

Yes, I know it "seems" as though you are the thinker...but your not, you are awareness, aware OF the thought and if attention is placed on thought it seems like it's "your" thought and that if you conjure up enough attention and place it on the thought- "winning the lottery", then it will come true.

That's dreaming, wishing, praying, but not LOA, because you don't have power to alter the intellegent design of the universe, with its physical laws, with thought/thinking. You can however, motivate yourself with thought and visualization that will be beneficial for obtaining goals, but that's not LOA.

@Anna1  That's basically what the science behind visualization and affirmations has to say according to my now week longs daily research into the topic. The idea is that the body is striving for self consistency of the self image. When you start visualizing yourself doing something or a certain outcome you cause a tension within yourself called cognitive dissonance that motivates you to close the gap between your visualization and your current reality. There is no metaphysical changes or anything like that, its just a natural function of the brain and thats it.

@fireworld  Nice post!

Yeah, for example, if I had thoughts about wanting to win the lottery, those thoughts may motivate me to buy lotto tickets, perhaps a lot of them. If I won, I could say I used the LOA, when really, thought motivated my behavior to buy a ton of lotto tickets and I won by luck or chance, not LOA.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Such a shame though, because there are certain things like synchronocities and extremely unlikely things that have happened in my life. For example one time i had a feeling that my mother was inside a store when i was walking in town with a friend, so i walked in to the store to see if she was there and there she was :S That freaked me the hell out.

Also the phone thing, numerous times have i said that i have a feeling that someone is going to call and the person calls within seconds of me thinking about them. It may all just be freak coincidence but it surely doesn't feel like it.

57 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Exactly! If we can't control the thought or if we are not the creator of the thought, then we can't really do anything about law of attraction. law of attraction exists but we can't control it

@fireworld Intuition and mystical things can/do happen, IMO, those are different then LOA though. Essentially, they can be built into the intellegent design of the universe (but not by you, the person!) and have nothing to do with thought attracting those experiences to you.

Just my take 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 minutes ago, Azza said:

law of attraction exists but we can't control it

Youre almost there.... except, this sentence above. 

Law of attraction does.. NOT.. exist. In my humble opinion, for the reasons I've already stated.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Etagnwo Really? You don't know or are you pulling my leg? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Etagnwo lol! Yes, true. 

I'm getting off work right now though and will have to reply later.

But real quick, its a belief that through the magnetic power of your thoughts you can energetically attract experience and objects to you. (Ie, cars, winning lottery, etc).

..and that it's the thoughts alone that made it happen, essentially.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Etagnwo Not really, you can check it out on Google, just type in Law of Attraction and you will get the answer.

this is something ive been wondering about too. Leo posted before on his blog he no longer takes the same stance on law of attraction, but does this mean some of his exercises in his life purpose course are now useless?

@Etagnwo  in my car..lol..no, not that.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

9 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Just want to manifest some cool things like a trip arround world, a million $. Or may be some 5meo that is not available here. Is it possible with my human visualization 

Definitely! Piece of cake.

Start visualizing it. Then get off your ass and create it.

You can visualize yourself buying a plane ticket, getting on a plane, flying to Mexico, and doing a 5-MeO session with Octavio Rettig or some other shaman. Just as an example.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, MM1988 said:

The problem is, that's your ego-mind talking and desiring to manipulate reality.

On 5-MeO the ego disappears as if it never existed. So all your silly goals and desires to go flying through walls or manifesting millions of dollars fly out the window. They are completely irrelevant and insignificant at that point. You have literally become God. Life is over. The end. Not only will you not care about money, you will not care about your mother & father, living or dying. You have awoken from The Matrix to see that it was all just a hallucination. You were never born and you will never die. The entire universe is yours, for eternity. You are everything in existence. The power of this is so enormous, you are shaking and crying like a baby.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Harikrishnan Absolutely. The sweetest girl in the world made this...

020DF2F0-0E66-4F7E-AEAF-77DC5FE0FD7A.jpeg

I asked, “what could be more powerful than love!?”

She said, “just being you.”

If this is possible, anything is possible.

Thank you, Nahm! I almost started crying :)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Loa is useful for consciousness, not down to choicelessness, but relativity useful. (Btw I’m referring to Ester Hicks by Loa)

@Torkys thanks!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is, that's your ego-mind talking and desiring to manipulate reality.

On 5-MeO the ego disappears as if it never existed. So all your silly goals and desires to go flying through walls or manifesting millions of dollars fly out the window. They are completely irrelevant and insignificant at that point. You have literally become God. Life is over. The end. Not only will you not care about money, you will not care about your mother & father, living or dying. You have awoken from The Matrix to see that it was all just a hallucination. You were never born and you will never die. The entire universe is yours, for eternity. You are everything in existence. The power of this is so enormous, you are shaking and crying like a baby.

But LEO! How does one live without caring about anything? Isn't it true that all our needs and goals are based off of this illusion we call life, when we wake up to it, What remains? Do we stay in the human body simply to just watch the show like we do when we go to the movies or what? I personally have a few goals that make me struggle and fight for something greater than i have now, but if i ever would experience what you are describing i would probably just completely go passive, the Law of Attraction is interesting to me preciely because i want to know the HOW behind LoA, if ego death takes me i wouldn't have to search for any answer to anything anymore.