fireworld

If all is Conciousness, how do we then explain the Law of Attraction?

75 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, fireworld said:

But LEO! How does one live without caring about anything? Isn't it true that all our needs and goals are based off of this illusion we call life, when we wake up to it, What remains? Do we stay in the human body simply to just watch the show like we do when we go to the movies or what? I personally have a few goals that make me struggle and fight for something greater than i have now, but if i ever would experience what you are describing i would probably just completely go passive, the Law of Attraction is interesting to me preciely because i want to know the HOW behind LoA, if ego death takes me i wouldn't have to search for any answer to anything anymore.

You will go passive for a while.

But then...

After enlightenment, the laundry. Life goes on. Until it doesn't.

Survival will still continue. Infinite intelligence will work through you to keep you alive. As it always has. The only difference will be, you'll be less egotistical in your manner of living. You will need less. You will stop grasping at things so much and just enjoy being.

The irony is, surviving without ego is easier than surviving with ego. You get out of your own way. You let things flow more rather than fighting with life so much. You trust life to just unfold for you. And you stop worrying about death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

41 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Yeah

The law of attraction is true. I've noticed that when I'm grumpy and judgemental the world suddenly reflects that back to me

Because the world is me

Is that it??

It depends what you mean by reflects back to you? I'm not denying that if I'm in a funk, then I will perceive my environment negatively or that someone may see a scowl on my face and avoid me like the plague. 

But, LOA would say something like.... you were thinking negatively and we're grumpy, so if you got into a car accident it was your negative thoughts/ energy that attracted it...or you got cancer...or your dog died...or you lost your job. 

That's just one example, another is you cut out a pic of a car you want and look about the pic daily, think positive thought about "getting" the car, BUT do no work to earn it and it majically  is yours somehow in the future.

I haven't read about LOA in a long time, but that my understanding, basically.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Leo Gura I think I understand, I have this urge for some reason to take 5 meo when I get the chance. It's been calling me for quite a while.

Hopefully though I can still entertain some dreams like beautiful women or a house by a lake. And hopefully that damn LoA or Psychocybernetic theory will help me get there lol! I am sitting here writing down my visualizations for a few weeks now, hopefully it hasn't all been a waste of time, think about it Leo, if I can get a house by a Lake, you can have your meditation retreats at my house, rent free at that ;) 

@egoeimai I did years ago..."get into the vortex,  once your in the vortex you can manifest", she says...lol.

What do you disagree with that I said?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 The Law of Attraction is incredibly more complicated than that, it would be like taking a magnet that doesn't have a force to it, and magnetizing it with a positive force (visualization) and throwing it into a pile of negatively charged magnets. All of the negative magnets would align or be affected by the positively charged one.

So it is for the Law Of Attraction, you magnetize your mind with a vision and then it affects other peoples minds and that help you along the way to manifest your envisioned reality.

@Etagnwo

19 minutes ago, fireworld said:

The Law of Attraction is incredibly more complicated than that

I'm sure, but I wasn't doing a discertation on it. Just simple, so Etagnwo could kinda understand. Since I think it's BS I don't keep up with the in/out's of it, to explain it well.

The example of getting in a car accident, because of bad mood/negative thoughts was actually an example from a video I saw with Hicks doing a lecture or whatever. Except she said it would probably have to be negative energy for a few days vs say an hour. So, I didn't add the "time" factor. Oops

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1  Yes, the idea that a bad mood could cause you to get into a car accident or have you get a parking ticket or something like that is quite silly. But the advanced version of LoA seems quite promising especially with the new information and insights that I have gotten from Leo and others.

@Anna1 Yeah, shes may or may not be right. But the early self help books don't describe it in that way.  IE Napoleon Hill, Wallace Wattles and so on.

To make things more complicated (lol) I do believe in karma (action), the chain of cause and effect.

So, this could get confused with what some consider LOA (thought), but may really be karma.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

11 hours ago, Anna1 said:

@fireworld  Nice post!

Yeah, for example, if I had thoughts about wanting to win the lottery, those thoughts may motivate me to buy lotto tickets, perhaps a lot of them. If I won, I could say I used the LOA, when really, thought motivated my behavior to buy a ton of lotto tickets and I won by luck or chance, not LOA.

3 months back while meditating i had an insight someone will give me lottery ticket for which i will win prize. Two weeks later while parking my bike a lottery seller (there are people selling lotteries on road) approched a guy beside me asking to buy ticket my mind said he is not gonna buy that ticket and lottery guy will come to me. And yes he did and handed me a ticket forcefully. Later that day i won lottery for 15$. 

I had a belief that i wont win lottery from teenage but i purchased here and there and never got anything. Then i realised about my belief and changed it and this thing happend.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

7 hours ago, Anna1 said:

It depends what you mean by reflects back to you? I'm not denying that if I'm in a funk, then I will perceive my environment negatively or that someone may see a scowl on my face and avoid me like the plague. 

But, LOA would say something like.... you were thinking negatively and we're grumpy, so if you got into a car accident it was your negative thoughts/ energy that attracted it...or you got cancer...or your dog died...or you lost your job. 

That's just one example, another is you cut out a pic of a car you want and look about the pic daily, think positive thought about "getting" the car, BUT do no work to earn it and it majically  is yours somehow in the future.

I haven't read about LOA in a long time, but that my understanding, basically.

Why cant people understand mental work ie mind cultivation through visualization affirmation vision board are also some work. Its also work. No it is work. Work. Simply sitting takes lot of work than running here and there. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 hours ago, Anna1 said:

@egoeimai I did years ago..."get into the vortex,  once your in the vortex you can manifest", she says...lol.

What do you disagree with that I said?

Abraham hicks made it sound easy. Getting to vortex and all. From my learning its not easy at all. My spiritual journey 2yrs back started with Loa. I visualized some things affirmed somethings and some manifested in ratio  10:1. Then i left whole thing and went behind just being and meditating, mindfulness not even looking at Loa. But after 2yrs i was drawn back to loa when leo wrote about it in his insight.

(I may be wrong but i have to say this :- Then i began to look at how leo's videos where his 250+ videos helped me its true but there is something else i was following his paradigm his way of thinking where you have to work inside and outside. (I dont know how to articulate this my first language is not english) for enlightenment u have to work for materialestic things you have to work like that. But my childhood beliefs where different from all the classic hindu mystical stories said by grandmother, astrologers,card readers. Only choosen one goes for hero's journey . If you are choosen only you can do laundry awaken and then laundry, if not laundry all day do others laundry get some money and meet the end.)

Now my take on Loa is different yes i create my reality in the sense i create my inner reality which is happiness peace and sometimes bliss. That changed my outer reality as well.  

I have manifested many things now from phone calls to meeting celebrities, job interviews,Some quickly without even visualization or affirmation. Other thing i learned from myslef is i dont do the work i.e visualization, affirmation etc consistently like clock work maybe once i do then iam relectuant to do it again eventhough desire is there i think that is the problem with manifesting that specfic thing. And to the top of that non manifested thing comes another desire and another and my mind is all over the place confused what to manifest for me.

Edited by Harikrishnan

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is, that's your ego-mind talking and desiring to manipulate reality.

On 5-MeO the ego disappears as if it never existed. So all your silly goals and desires to go flying through walls or manifesting millions of dollars fly out the window. They are completely irrelevant and insignificant at that point. You have literally become God. Life is over. The end. Not only will you not care about money, you will not care about your mother & father, living or dying. You have awoken from The Matrix to see that it was all just a hallucination. You were never born and you will never die. The entire universe is yours, for eternity. You are everything in existence. The power of this is so enormous, you are shaking and crying like a baby.

Apparently god (or me) is concerned enough with reality to think this whole thing up, up to every atom yet at the same time he has no desire to interfere with it? Why wouldnt you manipulate reality in a small way just to convince your ego (even when you are not identified with it right now) that you are not crazy? God has to know hes going back into deceiving himself to become Leo again. Why not leave a "note" for yourself inside the matrix to convince yourself to break out.

It just doesnt add up for me, sorry.

Your arguments against materialism make sense to me, but this could all be explained by the work of a materialist brain. If the 5-MEO acts as  descartes demon, you can never know for sure if you are not deluding yourself. We know deliriants like datura can put people into all kinds of deluded states, how can you be sure that the 5-MEO trip has more truth to it? 

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988 Note to self: Wake the fuck up!

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I would, im just still inbetween both sides. It seems to me that the same way the materialists handwave away the mind-body problem and their axioms, the spiritual people do the same thing with their inconsistencies.

In my humble view, law of attraction is "unreal" (doesn't "apparently" exist), if it were real you could manifest.. "exactly".. the life/experience/objects you wanted, at all times. 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Why cant people understand mental work

There is nothing wrong with mental work (visualization), if you're trying to motivate yourself or stay on track with a goal (etc), but I'm saying, imo, you are not going to have thoughts alone "attract" what you want without working your ass off for it.

Perhaps I'm not being clear or perhaps you just disagree, dunno. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

In my humble view, law of attraction is "unreal", if it were real you could manifest.. "exactly".. the life/experience/objects you wanted, at all times. 

You are unreal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE