Cammy

Have You Ever Went To An Event Alone?

26 posts in this topic

Hi there,

There is an upcoming comedy event I'm interested in but it would mean that I would have to go myself. I've been to a gig before alone but it was in a busy crowd at a rock concert so I just sort of blended in whereas this will be a seated event. 

The judgement of strangers makes life very restricting doesn't it? I think this is down to having this social construct of appearing more attractive if you have friends and a good social status. How sad is it I need to justify doing this alone? I must be weird and sad!!!! hahaha

Do any of you have thoughts on this or similar past experiences?

I don't think it's weird :) Personally, I don't think it would be strange to go alone. I have been caught up in worrying about what others think, but in the end, they weren't thinking about me in the first place. There might be enough people there for you to not even be noticed. Also, I've never been to one, but I can't help but feel that a comedy show will be a nice relaxed environment and you may even be able to just make some quick friends with your neighbors :)

Don't let what you think they will think of you stop you from having fun :) 

@Cammy

It's perfectly fine to go by yourself, but I'm wondering why you feel the need to go alone in the first place. You don't have friends who like comedy?

Last time you went to an event with friends, do you recall how many people you spotted and judged for being alone? 

Edited by Arman

@aurum You know how some things have a cult following...this is sort of the reason

@Arman No! But I think they would stick out at a club or a bar lol!

14 hours ago, zoey101 said:

Don't let what you think they will think of you stop you from having fun :) 

I always try to live by this but it can be very difficult in certain situations xD

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

I always try to live by this but it can be very difficult in certain situations xD

I know lol TRUST ME! It's so hard to stick with. You just want folks to like you :)

If you want to go alone go nothing wrong ...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I do it sometimes, nothing better than facing the world by yourself with no one to fall back on :P

I think you can gain a lot from such experiences.

I went to dinner at Chili's by myself and it felt very awkward, basically the entire time. However, I got extra attention from the waiters and I got to enjoy my food, at my pace, the way I wanted. And it was worth it. 

I often go to the gym by myself when i'd prefer to go with someone.  I find it therapeutic and the thing I like about it is that I don't have to apply any fake behaviors and can enjoy my own company. I think it's be good for you to go to an event yourself. In small doses at first

@Cammy Funny you should ask!

I actually was gonna see the new Deadpool with a friend of mine! 
We hung out yesterday and went out for a dinner, and as we finished our conversation a very very deep wound in me resurfaced healing me of my codependent tendencies.
After the pain being processed fully I no longer feel the desire to hang out with her, and actually got over my fear of upsetting other people by making my own feelings and choices matter.
So  I am going alone, next Wednesday, cant wait gonna have a blast! <3 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Personally I am my best friend. I live in my head unless I feel comfortable with another person, then I can’t shut up! Even then my social capabilities are random, limited and easily exhausted. Don’t worry about what other people think. A lot of times if people go out of their way to do something or go somewhere they normally would not good stuff happens (unless you shortcut the dark alley way.. don’t do that!!) like you meet a really great person ?

I got a really nice card from a great gal I met not long ago: Sometimes saying here goes nothing is the start of everything!

Seriously, drop your fear and step outside your limits.. you may be totally surprised at the outcome. Have fun!! 

i think that there is nothing scary or crazy to go alone

@Actualized Disciple I feel some restaurants are more acceptable than others to go to alone and Chilis is a hard one. Bravo! xD

@Martin123 I'm on the same boat. I have genuinely been wanting to see that movie but no one to go with. Ahhhh life

Edited by Cammy