InfinitePotential

How conscious are you, scale of 1-1000?

42 posts in this topic

dhawkins_map.jpg

Using the above scale, how conscious do you think you are?

And none of this "~who is the I that is conscious~" bullcrap, unless that's actually your direct experience (I agree but don't just talk the talk, let's be really honest here).

For me, I'd put myself in the high 400s, perhaps 475. I'm pretty analytical and left brain dominant and love reasoning my way into these spiritual principles. I'm definitely highly optimistic and positive, and genuinely want the best for everyone else, although I'm a bit undisciplined and selfish at times, and can get anxious and agitated. I think my understanding is above 500, but my body-mind is still needing to integrate this understanding a bit more.

I definitely have instances of being above 500 (for example, for the last 2-3 years or so I've often just heard the word "love" randomly in my mind -- not me saying it, just hearing it, and have felt the most intense feelings of appreciation for life). Even have had a few obscured glimpses of the highest levels of consciousness... Deep meditative states where for example thoughts and sensations were just appearing in consciousness but I possessed no ownership of them and was entirely unaffected by them... As well as glimpsing the so called Void on many occasions.

(More information found here: http://www.artofwellbeing.com/2016/11/08/mapofconsciousness/, the scale comes from David Hawkins' books -- which btw are some of the best I've ever read... Get yourself 'Letting Go' and profit / dissolve into Infinity).

So, where are you at on this scale?

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

What is this, another scale of affirmations that people will feel good about themselves? :P 

I personally think this chart is a lie.

Edited by Quanty

Hard to say. It fluctuates a lot because the less I cover myself, the easier it is to be happy. The deeper I go the more challenges there are. Some moment I'm 150, some moment 350

1 hour ago, Quanty said:

What is this, another scale of affirmations that people will feel good about themselves? :P 

I personally think this chart is a lie.

Sooo you're at 50, aka a HATER.... Kidding... 

It's certainly NOT meant to make you feel good about yourself. I mean, the lower parts of the scale are quite the opposite. It's an attempt at objectively measuring the quality of one's consciousness (using an arbitrarily numbered scale). Some will likely overestimate their consciousness (perhaps i did), some will likely underestimate (perhaps i did).

I think it gives a lot of insight as to how you experience life, and is an accurate ranking of emotional states from least pleasant to most pleasant.

What do you think this chart is lying about?

@InfinitePotential I have read power vs force, and believe me, dont waste your time on this unless u just like to sound knowledgeable.

I can pretty much assure you there are no levels of consciousness, everyone comes from a unique background and have their own problems.

Saying that there are levels of consciousness is like saying there are levels of enlightenment which in turn says that there are levels of Absolute Truth. It's absurd. 

The basic concept of Power vs Force is great but ignore this power level thing that people put on consciousness.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Saumaya I was writing a post basically saying much of the same as you. No need now so, delete...lol (ie, no levels of consciousness, no levels of enlightenment)

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

d17e3655c3a548908eddea8ccaa12ce6cb5b1b39

Love that meme:P

I knew someone would make that joke

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

Just now, Saumaya said:

Love that meme:P

I knew someone would make that joke

But...wait...that means...YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE! YOU ARE NOT ENLIGHTENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@InfinitePotential I have read power vs force, and believe me, dont waste your time on this unless u just like to sound knowledgeable.

I can pretty much assure you there are no levels of consciousness, everyone comes from a unique background and have their own problems.

Saying that there are levels of consciousness is like saying there are levels of enlightenment which in turn says that there are levels of Absolute Truth. It's absurd. 

The basic concept of Power vs Force is great but ignore this power level thing that people put on consciousness.

I like to sound knowledgeable! And right, everyone comes from different backgrounds and has different problems, I whole-heartedly agree. I.e. people definitely have "different levels of consciousness", at least in that some people tend to be optimistic, some pessimistic, some loving, some hating, etc.

Take away the numbers if you wish but I'd wager Mother Theresa's baseline emotional state is more "Love" or "Joy", whereas Trump's is "Pride" and Kanye West's is "Enlightened".

No need to play the game if you don't want to though! 

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

But...wait...that means...YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE! YOU ARE NOT ENLIGHTENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Must have lost my power level 

My Bad

There's Only One Truth!

4 minutes ago, InfinitePotential said:

I like to sound knowledgeable! And right, everyone comes from different backgrounds and has different problems, I whole-heartedly agree. I.e. people definitely have "different levels of consciousness", at least in that some people tend to be optimistic, some pessimistic, some loving, some hating, etc.

Take away the numbers if you wish but I'd wager Mother Theresa's baseline emotional state is more "Love" or "Joy", whereas Trump's is "Pride" and Kanye West's is "Enlightened".

No need to play the game if you don't want to though! 

Its more like how entrenched people are in their limited self. If you notice, consciousness has always remained the same. The more people are identified with their limited self, further they are away from their natural state. Also some people might be naturally more empathetic than others (in case of mother theresa)

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

The limited self blocks the consciousness from pouring through you, so it creates a distorted view of the world. After enlightenment you become consciousness itself so ego or limited self is completely eliminated. The more is this segregation of the self from consciousness, more will be the distortion.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

2 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Its more like how entrenched people are in their limited self. If you notice, consciousness has always remained the same. The more people are identified with their limited self, further they are away from their natural state.

Agreed af, so there are varying degrees to which we identify with our limited self vs our "true self" (you could arbitrarily assign yourself a value 0-1000 as to how much you identify with either or).

I think we're using "consciousness" in two different ways. Yes there is one Absolute, or Pure Consciousness. But on the other side of the coin there is the relative, perceiving and feeling state... 

And in this relative state, I would like to feel as good as possible. Which it turns out, I believe, to mean acting selflessly and with all these "higher" consciousness values. No we're not walking around with a number 0-1000 printed on our souls, but we all have different baseline emotional states, that's science and firsthand experience (well we can't be sure what others are feeling).

Anyways I'm not too tied to this concept just thought y'all might enjoy discussing where you're at on this imaginary ~spectrum of consciousness~.

5 minutes ago, InfinitePotential said:

Agreed af, so there are varying degrees to which we identify with our limited self vs our "true self" (you could arbitrarily assign yourself a value 0-1000 as to how much you identify with either or).

I think we're using "consciousness" in two different ways. Yes there is one Absolute, or Pure Consciousness. But on the other side of the coin there is the relative, perceiving and feeling state... 

And in this relative state, I would like to feel as good as possible. Which it turns out, I believe, to mean acting selflessly and with all these "higher" consciousness values. No we're not walking around with a number 0-1000 printed on our souls, but we all have different baseline emotional states, that's science and firsthand experience (well we can't be sure what others are feeling).

Anyways I'm not too tied to this concept just thought y'all might enjoy discussing where you're at on this imaginary ~spectrum of consciousness~.

I can understand, I think a better term would be different types of ego distortions rather than levels of consciousness. The whole problem with levels of consciousness thing is, it assumes enlightenment is this never ending journey and there are levels to it. People who say this even unintentionally are messing up other people. Although true seekers would intuitively know there are no levels and would ignore it.

There's Only One Truth!

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

d17e3655c3a548908eddea8ccaa12ce6cb5b1b39

Dam. Kinda mad at myself for posting the "its a trap meme" before thinking of this one lol