InfinitePotential

How conscious are you, scale of 1-1000?

42 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, who chit said:

ezgif-3-c5a98fb27c.gif

OMG! YES lol :D

Lol.  Kanye's enlightened??
"Taylor Swift cannot beat Beyoncé.As long as I’m alive! As long as I’m alive, you gon’ have to deal with it. ‘Cause there ain’t gonna be no more motherfucking Elvises with no James Browns."

KanyeWest.jpg

Edited by who chit

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@InfinitePotential That chart is upside down. All there is is what’s accross the top line and the rest are just thoughts.

Objectively, yes. But for most it doesn't seem that way. A highly shameful or angry person is much less likely to "get enlightened" than a highly loving person (apparently with some exceptions like Eckhart Tolle's severe depression leading to enlightenment). Yes, the Self isn't in any of the state's but the self seems to be. Two truths. And guilt feels bad, acceptance feels good, for example.

32 minutes ago, who chit said:

Lol.  Kanye's enlightened??
"Taylor Swift cannot beat Beyoncé.As long as I’m alive! As long as I’m alive, you gon’ have to deal with it. ‘Cause there ain’t gonna be no more motherfucking Elvises with no James Browns."

KanyeWest.jpg

No, was obviously a joke. But apparently everyone on this forum is! ;) good for y'all

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Would it help if we used colors instead of numbers a la Spiral Dynamics OMG people, lovingly frustrated af with y'all rn y'all just sunk my consciousness level to 150 but I'm taking the perspective that this is a great opportunity to be unconditionally loving (consciousness level 540, deal with it), so thank you. 

<3

Apologies man.
I love Hawkins. I feel his words are very worthy of giving attention to.
The method not so much..but that's just personal opinion. And opinions are about as worthy as a turd in a punch bowl.
I read Letting go years ago and found it very helpful at the time.

Whether the method is valid or not,finding out Jesus's consciousness level was pretty damn entertaining.:)

@who chit speaking of Hawking's :) ( I know you said Hawkins lol just love this quote :) )stephenhawking1-2x.jpg

stephenhawking1-2x.jpg

Edited by zoey101

9 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

dhawkins_map.jpg

Using the above scale, how conscious do you think you are?

And none of this "~who is the I that is conscious~" bullcrap, unless that's actually your direct experience (I agree but don't just talk the talk, let's be really honest here).

For me, I'd put myself in the high 400s, perhaps 475. I'm pretty analytical and left brain dominant and love reasoning my way into these spiritual principles. I'm definitely highly optimistic and positive, and genuinely want the best for everyone else, although I'm a bit undisciplined and selfish at times, and can get anxious and agitated. I think my understanding is above 500, but my body-mind is still needing to integrate this understanding a bit more.

I definitely have instances of being above 500 (for example, for the last 2-3 years or so I've often just heard the word "love" randomly in my mind -- not me saying it, just hearing it, and have felt the most intense feelings of appreciation for life). Even have had a few obscured glimpses of the highest levels of consciousness... Deep meditative states where for example thoughts and sensations were just appearing in consciousness but I possessed no ownership of them and was entirely unaffected by them... As well as glimpsing the so called Void on many occasions.

(More information found here: http://www.artofwellbeing.com/2016/11/08/mapofconsciousness/, the scale comes from David Hawkins' books -- which btw are some of the best I've ever read... Get yourself 'Letting Go' and profit / dissolve into Infinity).

So, where are you at on this scale?

You cannot describe Truth or Consciousness by this.. or in other communication,. ? This is nonsense.. 

@who chit lol right?

@John Iverson I agree. You can't measure your consciousness with a number. Some folks may score themselves too low because they are humble or bullshitting. Or score themselves too high to "boast their intelligence". 

9 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

@who chit speaking of Hawking's :) ( I know you said Hawkins lol just love this quote :) )stephenhawking1-2x.jpg

stephenhawking1-2x.jpg

I'm not boasting, if you feel I am then maybe you are projecting.  I shared something from a book if you don't like it then don't use it and move on, or post something constructive rather than just making fun of it and being hurtful.  Perhaps the topic would have been better suited to just be a discussion of how to go about feeling these different emotions and achieving these different states of consciousnesses than discussing where we feel we are at in our lives right now.

5 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

You cannot describe Truth or Consciousness by this.. or in other communication,. ? This is nonsense.. 

This is not a description of Truth or Consciousness (capital C).  I agree that that cannot be communicated.  It can be likened to "raising your vibration" or "raising your frequency".  You can having loving feelings, shameful feelings, be accepting of reality or angry at reality.  

And to have "better" feelings (don't you want to feel better?), you "let go" of these negative feelings (and indeed let go entirely), and you will feel these more positive feelings.  At least, that's the method proposed in Hawkins' books.

WTH is everyone's beef with this?

The method being talked about and related to the chart is not the letting go method,.That is ,imo, something worth checking out,
It's his muscle testing method,which the chart is based on.

Edited by who chit

3 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

@John Iverson I agree. You can't measure your consciousness with a number. Some folks may score themselves too low because they are humble or bullshitting. Or score themselves too high to "boast their intelligence". 

There is actually a proposed method for calibrating where you are on this spectrum, using the admittedly sketchy (in terms of its validity) practice of "muscle testing".  

How do you feel about Spiral Dynamics, in which levels of psychological development are above and below others?  I could very easily arbitrarily assign numbers to these different stages, in the exact same way as the "Map of the Scale of Consciousness".  And do you agree with the notion of "higher" consciousness values (love, truth, gratitude) over "lower" consciousness values (success, achievement, accumulation).

500 isn't any "better" than 75, at least objectively speaking.  But, love will feel better than fear (don't you think so?), and people tend to gravitate more towards one emotion or the other.  Not that we should judge fearful people as "bad" or "losers" and loving people as "good" or "geniuses". 

@who chit Yes the muscle testing method is questionable for me but I'm open to it and have been working on it.

@InfinitePotential Consciousness is not an object and you don't need any mumbo jumbo to see that this is so. Associating a number or a color or any other kind classification to something that is not an object is a misrepresentation.

6 hours ago, Aimblack said:

@InfinitePotential Consciousness is not an object and you don't need any mumbo jumbo to see that this is so. Associating a number or a color or any other kind classification to something that is not an object is a misrepresentation.

:D Come back to dualism for me for just a second. This scale is talking about the self, not The Self. The self can be "very conscious" (imperturbable Buddhist monk), or "very unconscious" (Kim Kardashian... Sorry Kim if you're reading this, I don't actually know how conscious you are). We say things like "one needs to be very conscious to realize Truth" or "the main goal of life is to raise your consciousness" with no problems... this is just putting numbers to that. Yes Pure Consciousness remains the same, but the self's subjective experience and perspective does not, the more conscious it gets. The "more conscious" one is, the more one will feel love, joy and peace, versus pride, anger and grief. It's not whatsoever judging one as "good" or "bad" for whatever "consciousness level" they are at. It's simply saying one can be more conscious or less conscious, and describing the different emotions and worldviews one has the more conscious one is... Speaking dualistically of course as I have no other way of doing.

<3

11 hours ago, Sage_Elias said:

310...according to the scale ofcourse

Thank you!!!! So you tend to be optimistic and hopeful... me too! 

@InfinitePotential I see that you can see the distinction between what you call the self and The Self, so if you can do that what is the point in trying to classify the self? Is the self what you are? If you already are able to make that distinction shouldn't you rather focus on The Self? 

Just now, Aimblack said:

@InfinitePotential I see that you can see the distinction between what you call the self and The Self, so if you can do that what is the point in trying to classify the self? Is the self what you are? If you already are able to make that distinction shouldn't you rather focus on The Self? 

I try to do a little of both. Perhaps this was more fit for the self actualization forum. I'm not fully enlightened at the moment and would love to feel positive emotions. In fact some schools of enlightenment teach that that is a direct way to reaching enlightenment and identification with The Self. For example loving kindness meditation, or Tibetan monks achieving "Rainbow Body" because they had only loving thoughts (yes this is a bit out there).

As for classifying the self, I believe it helps to be honest and to know thyself. But no I don't think we need to go labeling everyone 24/7, just an interesting exercise to see where you're at, where you can improve, and how much better things can get.