QeenB

First, crush it financially?

22 posts in this topic

So guys , I am currently 22 and for a couple of years I have been, lets say, obsessed with idea (I know, I know its about its execution, but that's not the point) with creating financial independence before I am 30.  Currently I am planing to open a business but I have this friction that I should study philosophy, truth and enlightenment instead and just cannot have this two lives. Although I read a lot of books, I meditate, I did a retreat couple months ago, I feel that I cannot do these 2 things at the same time because I will half ass both of them, especially because they are almost the opposites. (combining them is very rare e.g. Actualized.org, but even Leo said that it is because of this business he is not as deep as he could be; and it's also different then LP, its not about LP)

It's not about looking for a balance. Its about putting 100% into one thing for quite some time. For me it should be creating financial independence, one can say that it is also really personal for me and its true, but that's not the point. Do not get me wrong I would still be self-actualizing, meditating and occasionally read a book about some deep topic, even for the sake of pleasure. 

Most of you will never reach the level you could because of your 'normal' life. And it's okay, but only If you don't want to. 

Some of you know Mj Demarco and his thing and its exactly what I am talking about. 

I have big internal conflict about it. For the sake of argument, suppose that if you could 'sacrifice' the next 8 years to guarantee yourself financial independence  would you do it? Would you do it if you were 20? Would you not do it? Someone did that? Someone did not do it and now regrets it? Share your thoughts!

My intuition (or fears?) tell me I should go into this 100%. 

I'm in my 30's, had great plans in my early 20's to commiting myself 100% towards my goal and I worked my ass of to attain it.

Then..... Life is what happens to you, while you' re busy making other plans (John Lennon).

And I'm glad life did that to me. At first not, I have lost everything I worked so hard for, but I have learned so much and all my early goals don't mean much to me anymore (pretty strange actually, because I would no matter what never abandon my goals).

Don't understand me wrong, it's absolutely worth it to work towards something you treasure (intrinsic values and motivations), but like Carl Jung said: whatever is rejected from the self appears in the world as an event, this also accounts for your subconscious mind (stuff you can't imagine right now, will come up in five / ten years).

My personal opinion and conclusion based on my own life  is to follow your dreams and path (go chase your goals!), but be allowing for some small and sometimes big adjustments.

Life will point the way, all you got to do is listen to it ?

Best of luck with your journey ?

I'm 20. Uni is ahead next. I try to meditate and study enough for that. For me truth is very very important. I basically would work a meh job as last resort

Hello.

Thank you for opening this great topic.

It reminds me of my non-existent past, the period when I was making a lot of money unconsciously.

I said 'non-existent' because the past doesn't exist. Neither the future. Neither time. What exists only is the present moment.

The truth is we all need financial independence because we want more freedom. Our EGO loves that.

You can start creating your business right now but don't forget about value. Don't create your businesses just to earn money. Do it because you like it and because you want to offer something good to your clients. Otherwise you will not be fulfilled.

In the meantime, while you create your business, don't give up on your meditation habit.

Good luck!

Me on the road less traveled.

Well you need money to actually live, so I say commit to it. But it seems to me you're not earning money for your egoistic needs but earning money so you can do those retreats and not actually die from starvation, lol

Self-actualization requires you to be safe, this also includes financially. Seen by the bottom of the triangle below

Maslow_pyramid.png

Don't "try" to find the balance. Find the balance. Then when you retire, you can do whatever you want.

Edited by B_Naz
Grammar

You're not human, you're the universe

18 hours ago, Rebec said:

And I'm glad life did that to me. At first not, I have lost everything I worked so hard for, but I have learned so much and all my early goals don't mean much to me anymore (pretty strange actually, because I would no matter what never abandon my goals).

Don't understand me wrong, it's absolutely worth it to work towards something you treasure (intrinsic values and motivations), but like Carl Jung said: whatever is rejected from the self appears in the world as an event, this also accounts for your subconscious mind (stuff you can't imagine right now, will come up in five / ten years).

Yes of course. Because you grown so much from your experiances you gained wisdom and you have changed. Interesting thoughts. Thank you. 

18 hours ago, Rebec said:

My personal opinion and conclusion based on my own life  is to follow your dreams and path (go chase your goals!), but be allowing for some small and sometimes big adjustments.

I understand. Of course most of the paths can be a great distraction, but I feel that I will never forget which one is most important. 

17 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

I'm 20. Uni is ahead next. I try to meditate and study enough for that. For me truth is very very important. I basically would work a meh job as last resort

If that's what you feel you should focus on - great, do it. For me - I gained a lot from my experiances and learning from Leo and of other sages that I will probably won't get lost in the game ever again. Remember that now - when you are in your early 20s - it is the time (imo) which has the most leverage - if you use it properly you can do whatever you want in your life.

16 hours ago, The Don said:

It reminds me of my non-existent past, the period when I was making a lot of money unconsciously.

You can start creating your business right now but don't forget about value. Don't create your businesses just to earn money. Do it because you like it and because you want to offer something good to your clients. Otherwise you will not be fulfilled.

Of course, I will never do sth that has little or no value for the people. I could never create another McDonald's even if it would made me rich. I know my values. 

In the meantime, while you create your business, don't give up on your meditation habit.

Nothing will be more important then that  ;)

16 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Well you need money to actually live, so I say commit to it. But it seems to me you're not earning money for your egoistic needs but earning money so you can do those retreats and not actually die from starvation, lol

Yes of course, I am not doing this for the money - as paradoxical as it sounds. But there is difference between being financialy secure and independent. 

I mean crushing it so you are able to put the systems to work so you can be free to the rest of your life - and it is possible. Now, will these be my vision and goal as I reach 30? Probably not and it's okay but it is my vision now.

And it is also not about if I/you can do it. That's not the point. Of course you can waste these couple years now when you lost everything in economic crash, but then you will 30 - still young, a little bit wiser with different perspectiv and values but also with a whole life in front of you. The main thing to remember is to not forget the path. 

I strongly believe that you can have/be everything/anyone you want in life BUT not all at the same time and that requires strategic thinking. 

@QeenB Do everything you want. All of it. You can. There is WAY more time than needed. However, there is no time for thinking you can’t. No time for division, saying you are “only” capable of this OR that. You have so much you want to experience, you just don’t have time for that. Do it all. The fuck you think you came here for?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I want to and I will. But just not all at the same time. 

How come you want to be financially independent? You say it's personal to you but that's your identity... You are right in saying there's a difference in being stable and independent financially which I overlooked. But I'm a bit confused about why you are obsessed with being independent 

@B_Naz You can be financially stable in your 9-5. When you are independent you can decide to go on Hawai retreats for monts and do not have to worry about money. You can start paiting full time for a year and never have thought how will you survive. 

When I said its personal I meant that I always struggled with taking decision based on money and I hate it. 

Why? Doesn't it sound nice? Having that kind of freedom in your decisions and in your life? If you not dig it I don't know what else to say. 

1 hour ago, QeenB said:

@B_Naz You can be financially stable in your 9-5. When you are independent you can decide to go on Hawai retreats for monts and do not have to worry about money. You can start paiting full time for a year and never have thought how will you survive. 

When I said its personal I meant that I always struggled with taking decision based on money and I hate it. 

Why? Doesn't it sound nice? Having that kind of freedom in your decisions and in your life? If you not dig it I don't know what else to say. 

Ahhh! I see where you are now coming from, and yes it does sound nice. And the fact that you don't want to half arse do it is also a struggle... I do see the conflict.

Personally, I think you should follow your intuitions. Here's the thing though, don't think of those years spent "wasted" on your business. Those years are only wasted if you make it sound wasted. You know why? Because it's in your vision. You have created a image of your life and so you should direct your energy onto it! Therefore, it is not a waste.

With the half-arse situation... I don't see why you can't multitask. Your mind is a extremely amazing thing that can handle all types of pressure and materials. You can develop further into self-actualizing and at the same time create your business. You can! Of course you can! Because nothing is limiting you but yourself. You can do whatever the hell you want because your brain can handle it. You can literally do anything! And don't make half-arse sound like a easy task too... Actualizing and at the same time creating a business should be hardwork I would assume. It's not easy stuff :P 

You can still carry on self-actualizing and still create a whole new business. The evidence? Well... Leo. He has made a business literally based on actualization. Mainly to help people but also so he can do those retreats you talk about without worry of money and at the same time help us even further. I'm not saying Leo is this guy doing it for the money, because he's not. He could have publish books, and made all of his content payment-required. But what I am saying is you should commit to those years since you are determined. I don't think you will fail in your career (there will failures as obstacles but overall you can be successful). 

Goodluck

Go directly and make money, while you Awaken. 

Because if you do a degree in the society's schools, they probably brainwash you. Because there are people who know esoterics, in every field of society. I speak from experience. 

On 5/20/2018 at 5:50 AM, QeenB said:

creating financial independence

Same here I am working on that 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Personally, I think you should follow your intuitions. Here's the thing though, don't think of those years spent "wasted" on your business. Those years are only wasted if you make it sound wasted.

Great point. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

With the half-arse situation... I don't see why you can't multitask. Your mind is a extremely amazing thing that can handle all types of pressure and materials. You can develop further into self-actualizing and at the same time create your business. You can! Of course you can! Because nothing is limiting you but yourself. You can do whatever the hell you want because your brain can handle it. You can literally do anything! And don't make half-arse sound like a easy task too... Actualizing and at the same time creating a business should be hardwork I would assume. It's not easy stuff :P 

I agree 100%. Growth will be immese I know that. But there is differance between self realization and self actualization. 

But the dilemma is between pursuing enlightenment vs chasing independence. 

6 hours ago, Quanty said:

Go directly and make money, while you Awaken. 

Because if you do a degree in the society's schools, they probably brainwash you. Because there are people who know esoterics, in every field of society. I speak from experience. 

Sorry @Quanty I do not get your point. 

Just now, QeenB said:

But the dilemma is between pursuing enlightenment vs chasing independence. 

Sorry... 

Both you can chase at the same time. There is no limit on what to chase. Self-actualization and self-realization can happen at the same time. Don't limit what you can chase and cannot chase. Results will be the same even if you balanced it. 100%, 50%, 25% it doesn't matter. As long as you keep on chasing you will get there. Eventually.

Chase both self-actualization and self-realization and chase the self.  Chase everything because you have no limits. Chase it because what matter what you do, the results will always be the same even

Don't take the route of philosophy it's just your lazy part that is trying to trick you. Philosophy won't get you anywhere spiritually it will just cloud your awarness. Just work toward your financial goal and do that 'real' yoga Leo talked about everyday along the way, I believe you can allocate 1 hour a day for your ultimate well being, yes ? In a few years you will be in a tremendous place.

Edited by Tetcher

@B_Naz Well lets gets practical. Imagine you are building a business 100h a week. What know?  You can't meditate 2,3 hours a day, then contemplate etc and do all the other stuff...

49 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Don't take the route of philosophy it's just your lazy part that is trying to trick you.

Interesting thought. 

49 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Philosophy won't get you anywhere spiritually it will just cloud your awarness. Just work toward your financial goal and do that 'real' yoga Leo talked about everyday along the way, I believe you can allocate 1 hour a day for your ultimate well being, yes ? In a few years you will be in a tremendous place.

Of course if I allocate 1 hour of yoga (+ of course meditation)and  it will give me a great results - and I will try that BUT I do not think that you guys realize how much work (meaning time) you have to spend to build great business etc.

Edited by QeenB

1 hour ago, B_Naz said:

Sorry... 

Both you can chase at the same time. There is no limit on what to chase. Self-actualization and self-realization can happen at the same time. Don't limit what you can chase and cannot chase. Results will be the same even if you balanced it. 100%, 50%, 25% it doesn't matter. As long as you keep on chasing you will get there. Eventually.

Chase both self-actualization and self-realization and chase the self.  Chase everything because you have no limits. Chase it because what matter what you do, the results will always be the same even

thats what i was gonna say

27 minutes ago, QeenB said:

@B_Naz Well lets gets practical. Imagine you are building a business 100h a week. What know?  You can't meditate 2,3 hours a day, then contemplate etc and do all the other stuff.

Ahh well, that is rough...And you are right, I don't know how a business-start works and you have made me realise that I may not help you with this question because I have never started a business. So I will leave on this note. You work 100h a week, what about the other hours? Wake up at 6 oclock,

Goodluck

Yes do it and don't let anything tell you otherwise. Anyone around you will subconsciously talk you out of the things you are doing in your life if you tell them about it. They don't want you to do better than them because it makes them look bad so they try to pull you down to their level. It's like a bunch of crabs in a bucket. If one of the crabs tries to escape from the bucket, another crab is holding that crab down so that that crab wouldn't be able to escape. Every single crab is in that bucket holding another crab down. These crabs could be anyone, could be your family, your friends, your co-workers, your boss, etc.

I'm 22 as well and I'm working towards this as well. Past couple years have been me trying different things and figuring out what I actually enjoy doing and what I'm able to consistently do. Its true what they say about doing the thing you love doing and not to just do it for the money. Because if you don't love doing it then you wouldn't enjoy yourself and it wouldn't be sustainable.

My whole entire intention going into personal development was to hopefully create financial independence. And it hasn't directly helped me, but I guess I would say it has helped me develop a sense of strong independence which is important to finding time to study and put in work towards your business or anything you're working towards, rather than hanging out with friends and partying all day. But also if you're like me and tend to love the deep ideas that Leo talks about and analyzing every little thing about life and human nature and how existence works and what reality is or God, etc. etc. Then you sometimes could get off track and instead go really deep into this work. Personally I'm just working on a balance at the moment, but I do love working on both.

Do what works for you

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein