Highest

What am I

88 posts in this topic

Most think they are the ego-body-mind, a few have realized that they are nothing, even fewer have realized what most would see as blasphemous, being God itself. Which goes to show how large existence is, how much it contains. From your own experiences, what do you believe you/we are? I myself are neutral on this, existence is so complex and large that I don't know what I am anymore. I have experienced being nothing and everything, but these are experiences which goes on. I cannot be certain of what I am. So I leave it for itself, I'm fine with just the sense of being. 

@Highest You don’t exist. End of story. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Highest You don’t exist. End of story. 

You are right, I don't exist. I am aware of that to some degree, but then there is the notion that I alone exists, that I am everything. But the ''i'' sounds superficial, I can't find a solid ''I''. It's more language than truth.

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Highest You’re accurate. Go deeper. Great post. 

Thank you my friend, I wish I could go deeper but I can't. I came to the conclusion that I am not, that what IS simply is, and that is that. I gave up and accepted defeat. 

Godammit... I was literally mulling over making a post with this exact title, not even an hour or two ago (although you have put it better than I would have) ... Was just now googling this phrase to get my thoughts together and first thing on google is this post, made 54 minutes ago. Seriously, what the hell? 

Oh well, either way it got me interested in finally starting neti neti so mission accomplished, I guess. 

Geez, and I thought I was going to be so original and ask "what" am i, instead of "who" am i?  I'm telling you this is crazy.... I'm in a freaking dream.... 

Edited by starsofclay

3 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

Godammit... I was literally mulling over making a post with this exact title, not even an hour or two ago (although you have put it better than I would have) ... Was just now googling this phrase to get my thoughts together and first thing on google is this post, made 54 minutes ago. Seriously, what the hell? 

Oh well, either way it got me interested in finally starting neti neti so mission accomplished, I guess. 

Geez, and I thought I was going to be so original and ask "what" am i, instead of "who" am i?  I'm telling you this is crazy.... I'm in a freaking dream.... 

Haha maybe we are in a dream, I quess only death shall show the ultimate truth. 

3 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

@Highest

Well, one can always become lucid :P

That's true. It is possible to wake up in this very life, but death is what does it best, it finishes ''you'' off for good. It's the greatest teacher. (y)

Let's combine the two ideas.  Becoming lucid/awakening (waking reality) is death of self. Think about it, when one becomes lucid in a dream, the person they think they are dies and is replaced by the true self. (of course, it's funny because this "true" self  is none other than the current false one that we think we are in waking life. It's like layers upon layers.) however, in this "reality", who replaces the person we think we are when we become lucid? The opposite? No-self? 

I find it interesting that in lucid dreaming, when the dream self dies to be replaced by "true" self, it's instant. There's no fight. No transition. Just one instant the false self and next instant, lucid self. But I suppose dreams don't have as much ego to worry about. The dream self doesn't put up a fight.... 

Edited by starsofclay

That's interesting. I have been in lucid dreaming, it's not the same as in waking life that's for sure. But it did not kill my self, even now a sense of Self creeps in here and now. Lucid dreaming is definitively a higher states of consciousness, but is it enough to transcend the entire self? Of course, you kinda have a new self in this lucid dreaming, but when you wake up does your old self come back? I think only true death can end the Self, which is possible in this very life as well.

3 hours ago, Highest said:

From your own experiences, what do you believe you/we are?

Experience must end. Then you see.

@Mikael89 The illusion doesn’t exist. You think that it exists. Which makes it an illusion. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

29 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Mikael89 The illusion doesn’t exist. You think that it exists. Which makes it an illusion. 

what do you mean by "illusion" and what do you mean by "exist"? there is certainly an experience going on for me right now.

@Highest not saying lucid dreaming will kill self, lucid dreaming kills dream self, which you can use as a model for killling self. It's an example. 

I know in practice that my body/mind as a whole is a gateway to everything that exists and not exists. As a hologram, connected to everything. And the capability to alter anything outside, just working on the inside. 

@Mikael89 @Viking What you are experiencing right now is telling you that nothing exists. But because your thoughts have distorted your perception, it has made you think that what you are experiencing right now is proof that the world exists. Simply put, it’s a difference between ‘Being perception’ (enlightenment) and ‘Deficiency perception’ (ego). It’s a deep topic. 

The movement/process of Illusion is still fact. 

Edited by Faceless

@Highest Research verifying you’re alive. Might open your mind up and get you to where you’re talkin about, more so than ‘ego death’ ‘physical death’ verbiage.

@Faceless When ‘you’ no longer hold to “facts”, or being “right”, there is no more illusion - it was YOU all along! ❤️ “Illusion” goes poof!? That, is nonduality. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Highest Research verifying you’re alive. Might open your mind up and get you to where you’re talkin about, more so than ‘ego death’ ‘physical death’ verbiage.

@Faceless When ‘you’ no longer hold to “facts”, or being “right”, there is no more illusion - it was YOU all along! ❤️ “Illusion” goes poof!? That, is nonduality. ?

When one is bound by an illusion it is a fact that that is so right? 

To say oh it's just an illusion so lets ignore it and put it off for later is still an illusion.

And isn't to depend on ? another subtle form of illusion?

Time will get ya:) 

Edited by Faceless