Arman

Leo's 30 day challenge

112 posts in this topic

Leo has always been our cosmic canary in the coal-mine. 

I like to let him go first. Every now and again it's useful to check up on him and see how he's doing for personal calibration of practices. If you check up on him and he's full blown enlightened then you start doubling down on his suggestions. But if you check up on him and he has lost most of his motor function and he's making videos of smearing poop on the walls, then we scale back whatever he was suggesting. Was it the kriya that finally got him? We'll never know, 

I jest (mostly), but his recent video about doing a HARDCORE 30 day challenge in attempt to kill the small self (my words, not his) is radical and exciting. What are your thoughts on this? 

Edited by Arman

@Arman it’s his path. What he wants probably can be achieved with full letting go of attachments including actualized.org. 

Edited by egoless

Is he eating/drinking/sleeping?

You hear about buddha/jesus just sitting constantly without getting distracted. Pretty sure I heard sadhguru mention he sat in source for like 11 days and it felt like minutes or something, during that time he wouldn't have nourished himself. Sounds fucking risky to me tho. 

Edited by Nathan

To Leo:

0_CuIufkUeRUCb3bs_.png

I'm so excited for Leo, I really hope he makes it all the way. 

Gonna miss his weekly content/blog/forum posts but it's all good. 

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." 

I really love that quote.

Memento Mori

I've been contempating about going all out an doing a none stop meditation until the self breaks, just like the Buddha for a while now, but to be honest my finances ain't in the best position so I always feel guilty to try something like that.

But I'm excited that Leo is doing what I wanted to try.

It is possible the best thing you can do spiritually, but God damn, the ego will go on a rampage, if you never did 3-4 hours of meditation go try it and you will see just how much the ego screams and yells at you about how this is boring, and your wasting your time, and your a dumb ass, or it will make you extremely hungry, or sleepy etc.

Ego don't want to collapse ;)

11 minutes ago, blazed said:

It is possible the best thing you can do spiritually, but God damn, the ego will go on a rampage, if you never did 3-4 hours of meditation go try it and you will see just how much the ego screams and yells at you about how this is boring, and your wasting your time, and your a dumb ass, or it will make you extremely hungry, or sleepy etc.

Ego don't want to collapse ;)

Have you seen Leo's blog post on solitary confinement? that video is a very good representation of how the ego will react, and these people are in there for 6+ months. not 30 days or 3-4 hours.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Just now, Truth said:

Have you seen Leo's blog post on solitary confinement? that video is a very good image of how the ego will react, and these people are in there for 6+ months. not 30 days or 3-4 hours.

I've seen a documentary about solitrary confinement for 48 hours as an experiment :D the guy came out and all his perceptions was like a miracle he realized how much he'd been taking it for granted after losing it for 48 hours.

But yeah, I wonder why 6 month of solitary confinement makes prisoners crazy and insane instead of enlightened????

6 minutes ago, blazed said:

I've seen a documentary about solitrary confinement for 48 hours as an experiment :D the guy came out and all his perceptions was like a miracle he realized how much he'd been taking it for granted after losing it for 48 hours.

But yeah, I wonder why 6 month of solitary confinement makes prisoners crazy and insane instead of enlightened????

that's a good question, they probably just have zero clue about personal development/spiritual growth or anything of that matter. 

All I see is a HUGE opportunity for growth, but to them it's pure hell. 

Memento Mori

36 minutes ago, blazed said:

Maybe the small room. Being closed in such a small area. Also when your incarserated theirs probably a deep sense of fear that is ongoing that holds the ego at prepetual movement. 

I have spent long period of time totally alone, up to weeks and I found it very wonderful. Although I was out in nature. Relationship is life so I feel it’s essential that one is in contact with either surroundings or other creatures. We are conditioned in many way. Interdependence is a law. If you are denied of both that would be a rather cruel way to live don’t you think. 

Have you ever spent 48 hours in solitary confinement? How would you react? I guess you will have to try to find out?

Edited by Faceless

43 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Maybe the small room. Being closed in such a small area. Also when your incarserated theirs probably a deep sense of fear that is ongoing that holds the ego at prepetual movement. 

I have spent long period of time totally alone, up to weeks and I found it very wonderful. Although I was out in nature. Relationship is life so I feel it’s essential that one is in contact with either surroundings or other creatures. We are conditioned in many way. Interdependence is a law. If you are denied of both that would be a rather cruel way to live don’t you think. 

Have you ever spent 48 hours in solitary confinement? How would you react? I guess you will have to try to find out?

Their entire worldview, current life and past lives comes into play and the result of that was cutting themselves and exerting whatever control they had left.

You're not just facing some walls, you're facing your life and your survival. Not just of your body but your SELF. Forced to go into the belly of the whale. The only thing that's happening is them running from themselves. That is truly the only thing going on.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Their entire worldview, current life and past lives comes into play and the result of that was cutting themselves and exerting whatever control they had left.

You're not just facing some walls, you're facing your life and your survival. Not just of your body but your SELF. Forced to go into the belly of the whale. The only thing that's happening is them running from themselves. That is the only thing truly going on.

Sure 

Classic resistence. 

But have you been put in that position? To spend that long in solitary confinement personaly? 

I do know that some do take advantage of it?

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

past lives

As in conditioning? 

The ongoing stream of thought? 

Having had a deep intuition that finding out who I really am is something that I should devote my entire life to, I feel a very strong confliction within me. 

I know deep down that this work so important to me, yet the fear of giving up my self is excruciating.

Having gone through this I and seeing how difficult and challenging this pursuit is, I have even more respect for Leo's decision.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Leo talked about how he has to surrender his baby ,actualized.org, in order to further advance and i couldnt help but think of when (AVENGERS INFINTY WAR SPOILER ALERT!!!!) Thanos had to kill a soul he loved (Gamora) in order to further advance (to get the soul stone). :D if there are any avengers fans here hehe

48 minutes ago, Faceless said:

As in conditioning? 

The ongoing stream of thought? 

Lol yes. Not spiritual woo woo past life stuff haha

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

54 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Sure 

Classic resistence. 

But have you been put in that position? To spend that long in solitary confinement personaly? 

I do know that some do take advantage of it?

I haven't been put in confinement but it's still the same process. I don't need concrete walls to force me to face myself just like everyone else doesn't (unless they trick themselves into thinking they do.)

You can face yourself right now right here always 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

4 hours ago, Truth said:

I haven't been put in confinement but it's still the same process. I don't need concrete walls to force me to face myself just like everyone else doesn't (unless they trick themselves into thinking they do.)

You can face yourself right now right here always 

Imagine yourself in a room the size of your bathroom (sometimes you can't even sit), no external stimulus, just this room. Your reality is this room now, if you never head of meditation, you probably going to freak out for months in a endless stream of thoughts, fear, anxiety, guilt and despair before you even consider that this can be a blessing. 

46 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Imagine yourself in a room the size of your bathroom (sometimes you can't even sit), no external stimulus, just this room. Your reality is this room now, if you never head of meditation, you probably going to freak out for months in a endless stream of thoughts, fear, anxiety, guilt and despair before you even consider that this can be a blessing. 

Exactly, that's why you can never underestimate the power of wisdom and should be one of your top values in life. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

This is the right move. And it's the only way... Everything has to go. Beautiful. Even though I wished you skipped the recording once a week. Will you have 5meo?

Your mind will explode with ideas after some days. Stay strong when it happens! If it doesn't happen now, you still have many many tries left (Wich means relax ?)❤️

Much love

Just to be clear, I will not be sitting still the whole time like the story of the Buddha. In fact, I am sort of over the whole Zen formal sitting thing. I do not care how I sit or if I move.

My #1 priority will be surrendering of the mind and maintaining contentration on the present moment.

I've sort of stopped caring at this point about using formal techniques. I just sit and focus on the immediate present moment and the fact that consciousness is happening.

I will also be doing lots of 5-MeO to definitively demonstrate its permanent enlightenment potential.

My goal is to show that 5-MeO is the best tool for awakening, along with just sitting and surrendering. I want to demonstrate that 5-MeO can permanently rewire the "brain". It was already done so for me, but now we will take it to the next level.

I want to accomplish what the Buddha accomplished, but using 5-MeO. Or to show that it isn't possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.