Emne

Mindfulness outside of meditation

16 posts in this topic

I would like to learn how to be more mindful in everyday life outside my meditation sessions. Do you have any advice?

Meditate more.

It will come to you over time by itself.

You will start noticing how your state outside meditation sessions is similar to meditation.

You haven't meditated enough to see it.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Good thing is to try to always be aware of breath or body sensations in every action.

The question is good because being aware all the time is the key to self realization ❤️

For me Its an observing of the whole movement of thought. In this there is no meditator but only meditation.As this becomes more and more natural the more you will not even notice you are even doing it. Then your head may even go missing?

Edited by Faceless

@Emne Only observe to detach involvement both in terms of thinking & emotion (no self).  Later, realize the loop of the Self. That’ll likely take more than practices. Could be years out, so start positive projections / connotations on psychedelics. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Gotta work on the inward self and then the rest will come naturally :)

If it doesn't feel right or comfortable, go back to your alone time and keep working at it! :)

If your work environment allows, set your phone to beep at you at a few times every day. When it beeps, you do a mindfulness check of your mind and body, just like you would if your were meditating (I'm assuming you do Vipassana). The idea is that you'll eventually habitualize to these "systems checks" and start doing them on your own at times during the day, even without the alarm. The more you do it, the more you'll do it.   :P

11 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

If your work environment allows, set your phone to beep at you at a few times every day. When it beeps, you do a mindfulness check of your mind and body, just like you would if your were meditating (I'm assuming you do Vipassana). The idea is that you'll eventually habitualize to these "systems checks" and start doing them on your own at times during the day, even without the alarm. The more you do it, the more you'll do it.   :P

That's really cool. I never heard of something like that :)

keep nurturing your mindfullness energy 

by meditating, reading books, making posts like this

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Practice "just being" or Look/observe without identifying/judging. Pretend it is the first time you see the world and just be with it in awe ;) Whatever you do any activity do it one thing at a time.

The Book: The power of now can help.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, pluto said:

Practice "just being" or Look/observe without identifying/judging.

But can thought just be with what is “truth” 

Yes, make you main attention going into Breath no matter what activity. 

Train this and you will become better at it. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, zoey101 said:

That's really cool. I never heard of something like that :)

Just a strategy I learned from watching Shinzen Young videos on YouTube. I tried to find it to post it here, but there are sooooo many.

yes! whenever you walk outside, whenever you have a quick break, label mindfully!!!

I do this when i walk to school, walk to grocery store, etc. while walking doing the "SEE" label is very hard and you can bump into doors (i speak from experience :D) but i find HEAR and FEEL easy to do. Also when your waiting in line for something (we all have these opportunities everyday) then you can practice SEE label. WHen you are tempted to think of stories in your mind while walking, try your hardest to make the story go away, and practice mindfulness, this helped me immensely for anxiety. Now if your driving i feel like this might be unsafe haha so practice on stoplights.

@Emne More formal meditation to build the skills and dump the baggage that's in the way.

And then make a point of it. Make consistent mindfulness a goal. You can use the alarm method to be intentional about it. You can also practice only mindful eating to start translating the formal practice into consistent application. Here is a way to track the progression, which is helpful:

nothing is anything