Charlotte

Newbie Psychedelics/Trip Questions Mega-Thread ?

75 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Decided on mushrooms

straight from the heart! <3

517dc773ef777f817e171e37cb91ba0e.jpg

whatever arises, love that

Since mid februar I am experimenting with psychedelics now. My experience as a beginner is that mushrooms are way more difficult to handle because every piece of mushroom can be more potent than another one which makes it more difficult to dose.  Low dose of LSD (25 µg in my case) can already be  very benefitial experience but also challanging if you have not a lot of confidence in doing so.

Like Leo in his video about AL-LAD describes i found that this substance is quiet perfect for beginners. Because of the improved body sensation it always eases you in the experience. On a low dose i thought i didn't had any particular benefit of it despite from learning to deal with being under effect of a psychedelic substance. But that is perfect to start with. The tendency to be worried about the situation was by far the smallest from those three different substances in my experience.   

@Till Really appreciate your input. I also read the same. Hmmm... Kind of a tricky situation. I've never heard of anybody taking/talking AL-LAD where I live but I'll enquire. Thanks for heads up and for sharing your experience ?

Those of you who are going to trip anytime soon, try this:

Ingest the dose

Sit down comfortably on a sofa

Dont move for at least 3-4 hours

Dont even move a finger

I  _highly_  recommend ;)

11 minutes ago, molosku said:

Those of you who are going to trip anytime soon, try this:

Ingest the dose

Sit down comfortably on a sofa

Dont move for at least 3-4 hours

Dont even move a finger

I  _highly_  recommend ;)

Tomorrow will be my first LSD haaha

56 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@molosku @Armanignore tag Arman sorry (stupid bug.

@molosku ... Sounds interesting, what did you experience?

@John Iverson keep us updated with a trip report 

Sureeee!! As soon as I get back, I will write a trip report :D 

I have never tried any of this stuff myself (too chicken lol) but my husband has done both Mushrooms and LSD.

He was in high school when he did the shrooms and said it just made him and his friends kinda just wonder around Walmart creeping to see what people would say and then he passed out on a street phone. (Yes I said on, that was no typo lol)

He did the LSD a little over a year ago and said it was a mix of fun and scary. He said after I fell asleep he just stared out the window at our car and then saw a bunch of dog-sized dragons crawling all over it. He said it was really cool till he thought they might scratch up the paint, so he ran out there to get them off and when he came back in it got scary because he stepped on a banana he forgot that he put on the floor because he thought it would be safer there than on the counter for some reason. Anyways, he said he thought he was stepping on someone's insides so it wasn't too fun after that. Said he kept seeing people walk around the apartment. He thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

My suggestion: don't forget about the fruit you leave on the floor ;)

Just thought I'd throw in a funny trip lol

On 4/29/2018 at 5:02 AM, Charlotte said:

LSD or mushrooms?

How do you know you've bought legitimate psychedelics? (Weary of the drugs being mixed with other substances).

How long are you out of action for? (With regards to responsibilities). 

Is there prep to be done before hand?

1. LSD and Mushrooms are equally intense substances, it all depends on dosage. You get visuals with both, you get spirituality with both, you get mindfucks with both.

Further explanation: LSD hits you slower, but it lasts longer. Mushrooms hit you fast, like a roller coaster, but last shorter. I've found them to be equally enlightening and helpful. However, I do find some truth in saying that LSD = you in the "driver seat" and Mushrooms = you in the "Passenger seat". In addition, LSD feels more electric and energy boosting or at best neutral, where as mushrooms make me want to lay down and relax.

2. You test it. You can buy a testing kit on amazon that tests LSD. LSD should not taste bitter, it pretty much tastes like nothing. Psilocybin mushrooms have this bluish look in them and a particular smell.

3. This depends on the person... Mushrooms is definitely shorter acting and one should be quite okay after 4-6 hours (coming down). If I take it in the morning, I barely feel it at night, I just have this afterglow effect. LSD is like 6-8 hours (coming down), but you still slightly feel it after 12 hours and it won't go away until you sleep. However, I've still conversed with my family after 8 hours of taking LSD, your pupils may still be dilated though.

4. This depends on the person. One can meditate and set intentions. Or one can just take a breathe and say "okay let's do this". I would say at the very least, learn about the substance, its effects, read people's trips reports. Listen to some of pioneers talk about it, Terence McKenna or Timothy Leary

Advice:

Just know what you're in for and try to keep your head straight... Understand what is happening, have fun with it, but also observe from a honest-serious perspective. 

Also I do not think it is necessary to be so formal... You don't need to sit there and meditate or try to be forceful. I actually recommend the opposite, do what you want, lay around on your coach if you want; look at your hands, play an instrument, take a shower/bath, do yoga or meditate, dance, sing, read the Bible or Quran, it doesn't really matter. These are some of the things I have done alone with psychedelics. No matter what, you will be in a higher level of consciousness and processing everything differently, let the trip take you where your heart is. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@zoey101 ???? thanks for sharing that.

4 hours ago, zoey101 said:

My suggestion: don't forget about the fruit you leave on the floor ;)

?? Noted ☑️

@Tarzan  Cheers! 

@SgtPepper  Thanks so much for your input & advice that's incredibly helpful. 

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

let the trip take you where your heart is. 

?♥️?

So I might be doing my first trip on Saturday. I’ll most likely be doing either 1/4 or 1/2 a hit of LSD. 

I was thinking about writing down a couple questions, and maybe having them on sticky notes in certain areas. Or I could just write them on a piece of paper in the room. Not sure exactly which things I want to include, but most likely things related to non duality, no self, thought etc. 

Would this be ok? Or should  I not try to direct the trip, and let it take me where ever it wants too?

Edited by DMM710

33 minutes ago, DMM710 said:

So I might be doing my first trip on Saturday. I’ll most likely be doing either 1/4 or 1/2 a hit of LSD. 

I was thinking about writing down a couple questions, and maybe having them on sticky notes in certain areas. Or I could just write them on a piece of paper in the room. Not sure exactly which things I want to include, but most likely things related to non duality, no self, thought etc. 

Would this be ok? Or should  I not try to direct the trip, and let it take me where ever it wants too?

This may help http://howtousepsychedelics.org/lsd/

Personally i wouldn't go lower than 80ug or what can happen with psychedelics is the feeling of being stuck (Between worlds). It can be quite uncomfortable unless you are experienced to know how to raise the vibe. Although LSD is more forgiving in this you could get by with 50ug and observe but any lower it will be more in the weird state. Micro-dose is like 5-10ug.

Your intentions are fine, explore what you feel best for you. Surrender is always best but everything will make sense anyway.

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, pluto said:

It can be quite uncomfortable unless you are experienced to know how to raise the vibe

How would one practice this Pluto? 

I would suggest to take them in complete silence. lie down, make yourself comfy with blankets and pillows and close your eyes. but keep a nice playlist ready in the case you need something soothing. something you like and that has a calming effect on you. (personally I keep a playlist with classical music ready, mostly Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Satie and Dvorak :))

write notes before tripping, write things like 'don't worry, this is just a mushroom trip' and 'remember to surrender' or 'just surrender, just surrender' on sheets of paper and keep them lying around in the house or stick them on your walls. surrendering really is the key for every trip. we tend to forget that. every time you remember to fully surrender, the shrooms take you directly into your heart <3

8 hours ago, pluto said:

Personally i wouldn't go lower than 80ug or what can happen with psychedelics is the feeling of being stuck (Between worlds)

what does that mean Pluto? I've come across that notion a couple of times now, but I don't get it. what do you mean with being stuck between worlds at too small dosages? 

@phoenix666 Thanks so much for your input as always. Have taken notes on what you've said ^_^♥️

3 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

being stuck between worlds

Pretty sure I've experienced this through a panic attack. It felt as if I was in another world or something but the world I was stuck in was pure death, my own death. 

I really don't get it why people suggest to complete beginners to start with dosages that cause a full "trip". Low dosages which cause no shifting in your sense pereceptions pretty much allow you to get to know the substance. Usually takes away a part of possible anxiety when starting with those substances. Leo multiple times in different ways suggests this also. 

A dosage of 1/4 of a 100µg stamp of LSD for example can be already very benefitial. You can get amazing insights and lots of motivation for your meditation practice for example. 

Sorry to say that, but a jump right into a full blown trip with a substance you never took before approach, I would call a very immature method.