MarkusSweden

Why is there no alternative spiritual narrative?

20 posts in this topic

Every teacher today push strict nonduality, no such thing as a personal soul. 

Most of us feel that we have a soul, even though we don't believe in such an entity. 

I am a strict nonduality beleiver as Well. But isn't it strange that there is no alternative spiritual narrative, just like in religion, where Islam and Christianity are huge movements along with other big religions. 

After all, individual souls might be possible within nonduality, think about it ONE being that split itself up in infinite eternal souls. 

But no major spiritual movement push This narrative. We are not bodies, But we might have a soul that temporarily inbhabits one body at the time. 

Not that I beleive in that. But the consensus paradigm in spirituality seem so dominating. No debate really, only different names for the same thing, Brahman, infinity, nonduality, oneness, etc. 

Isn't This strange?

Could it be that the strict nondual narrative that Leo, Rupert Spira, Martin Ball push is a trend and that the future might offer more colorful approaches including privata souls for example? 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Its not strange at all. Non-duality is common sense after all, if you are open minded enough. 

Edited by molosku

6 minutes ago, molosku said:

Its not strange at all. Non-duality is common sense after all, if you are open minded enough. 

No souls that is?

How is Finland these days btw? Pratar du svenska förresten? ?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

I like when he say "The point of spiritual practice is to exhaust the seeker." 

I think he probably is right.

+1 I Agree!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Din köntsösness ÄR själ, inte sepera från du jag tror. Det är extra hård att höja köntsösness level i här eftersom maten är dålig och nätterna är mörka

Edited by molosku

3 minutes ago, molosku said:

@MarkusSweden Din köntsösness ÄR själ, inte sepera från du jag tror. Det är extra hård att höja köntsösness level i här eftersom mat är illa och nätterna är mörka

Sant, håller med!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Non duality is also narative like others until you experience it yourself ;). Everything is narrative at first. 

7 hours ago, molosku said:

@MarkusSweden Din köntsösness ÄR själ, inte sepera från du jag tror. Det är extra hård att höja köntsösness level i här eftersom maten är dålig och nätterna är mörka

forhelvete.jpg

Good question.  Your questions have been good lately.  I can tell you’re doing the work more and growing.  The only limit to thought is what you accept.  The only dogmas are what you cling to.  Explore whatever you want to.  Build up your own shore of reference.  Privilege your own intuition over what is said by others.  People feel safe by clinging to ideology.  It makes them feel like they can move past an issue.  But is that really true?  Can clinging to some theory of non-duality be what Enlightenment is all about?   That would be a very sad Enlightenment indeed.  Enlightenment is much more expansive than that.  Enlightenment is not an ideology, and it’s a trap to turn it into one.   All ideologies can do is point to Enlightenment — but none can ever catch it.  Enlightenment is a personal transformation.  It’s a way to untangle ideas from reality and see the map as being distinct form the territory.  It’s getting acquainted with reality minus thoughts about reality.  We have so many thoughts about reality that we lose sight of what pre-conceptual reality actually is.  We’re so concerned with thoughts about reality — that we take them to be reality!  You can get to the point where you see and feel this distinction so clearly that you lose fear of thoughts.  People who fear thoughts are still insecure about making the map and territory distinction.  When you can BE pre-conceptual reality — you no longer fear thoughts.  Thoughts become quite fascinating cultural constructs actually.  I like thoughts!  I just don’t mistake the thought stories to be reality.  Thoughts are human technology.  Reality is not human technology.  Human technology exists within reality.  We’re never gonna be able to encapsulate reality existentially using thoughts.  That’s the map versus territory idea deeply grokked — not just intellectually but existentially.  LSD is great help with teaching this.  But you don’t need psychedelics to grok this.  Psychedelics just give you another perspective to draw on that might help you do so.  You can actually see this if you do “Do Nothing Meditation.”

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Good question.  Your questions have been good lately.  I can tell you’re doing the work more and growing.  The only limit to thought is what you accept.  The only dogmas are what you cling to.  Explore whatever you want to.  Build up your own shore of reference.  Privilege your own intuition over what is said by others.  People feel safe by clinging to ideology.  It makes them feel like they can move past an issue.  But is that really true?  Can clinging to some theory of non-duality be what Enlightenment is all about?   That would be a very sad Enlightenment indeed.  Enlightenment is much more expansive than that.  Enlightenment is not an ideology, and It’s a trap to turn it into one.   All ideologies can do is point to Enlightenment — but none can ever catch it.  Enlightenment is a personal transformation.  It’s a way to untangle ideas from reality and see the map as being distinct form the territory.  It’s getting acquainted with reality minus thoughts about reality.  We have so many thoughts about reality that we lose sight of what pre-conceptual reality actually is.  We’re so concerned with thoughts about reality — that we take them to be reality!  You can get to the point where you see and feel this distinction so clearly that you lose fear of thoughts.  People who fear thoughts are still insecure about making the map and territory distinction.  When you can BE pre-conceptual reality — you no longer fear thoughts.  Thoughts become quite fascinating cultural constructs actually.  I like thoughts!  I just don’t mistake the thought stories to be reality.  Thoughts are human technology.  Reality is not human technology.  Human technology exists within reality.  We’re never gonna be able to encapsulate reality existentially using thoughts.  That’s the map versus territory idea deeply grokked — not just intellectually but existentially.  LSD is great help with teaching this.  But you don’t need psychedelics to grok this.  Psychedelics just give you another perspective to draw on that might help you do so.  You can actually see this is you do “Do Nothing Meditation.”

Well said?

The only real limit to thought is seeking psychological security which leads to fragmention. The psychological attachment to self/ego “known” is the very limit of thought. The pattern of thought doesnt have to be mechanical. What makes it mechanical is when we employ thought to fulfil our psychological agenda. 

Nice post man?

Not that I beleive in that. But the consensus paradigm in spirituality seem so dominating. No debate really, only different names for the same thing, Brahman, infinity, nonduality, oneness, etc. 

Isn't This strange?

Spirituality doesn't run on consensus.

If everyone who reaches self-realization finds the same truth, so be it.

Edited by Haumea

@MarkusSweden Sounds like you would enjoy Scientology.

Alt-facts, as they call it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like you would enjoy Scientology

Thetans for the win, bro! ;)

It wouldn't be Truth if everyone who realized didn't come to the same conclusion. It would just be another religion to fight over.
Call it what you will, but what is has always been what is.. And it will always be what is. It's the absolute eternal.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@MarkusSweden Sounds like you would enjoy Scientology.

Alt-facts, as they call it ;)

Lol. Lord Xenu would be pleased.

Calling it spirituality is worse than calling it brahman or whatever. If it were called what it actually is, Reality, more people might invest some time to see what it's about. As soon as you mention spiritual to the regular Joe,he's already formed an opinion.

Reality is accessible to 750 billion people.

Edited by who chit

Calling it spirituality is worse than calling it brahman or whatever. If it were called what it actually is, Reality, more people might invest some time to see what it's about. As soon as you mention spiritual to the regular Joe,he's already formed an opinion.

No, you run into the same exact problem; trying to impart to regular Joe that his perception of Reality is a fiction.  Good luck with all that.  

People need to stop trying to impose spirituality top-down; whenever someone is ready, they're ready; not before.  You are not going to "convert" normies en masse; there's an evolutionary process that needs to be respected.

This is why religions form, btw.  "Spiritual seeking" is not something the masses do; it is a relatively esoteric pursuit.

I would guess serious spiritual seekers are between two and three standard deviations from the mean.

Edited by Haumea