Emre

The BIGGEST Problem with Spirituality

15 posts in this topic

How can you bring about a controlled accident? 

That’s the biggest problem with spirituality. Contemplate on this. How can you do anything not egoic? Any ‘doing’ is egoic. See this for yourself. Don’t just be a pseudo spiritualist. See clearly that it is impossible to do anyhting not egoic. 

So what are we to do when anything we try ,even a little, is pushing us away from where we are trying to get to?

You are implying free will and existence of a tangible thing called "an ego".

From the POV of ego, all action is ego based, but in actuality all action is just action, no meaning or purpose. Cause, action and reason exist only in the mind, and the mind is ultimately unreal. 

But I get your point. How indeed, can one quit playing the game by playing the "quit the game" - game? One cant. My strategy is to play along the game untill I realize that I cant lose or win, and at that point the game is revealed not to exist. 

One thing you can do, is beat that particular horse to the death so much that you eventually have to admit your problem does not really exist in your direct experience, only in your conceptual mind. 

Edited by molosku

By not "doing" but just "being".

B R E A T H E

@Emre Discover what you are not, and what you are. “Controlled accident” is a product of monkey mind. Daily meditation is effective. The key is doing it everyday. Or don’t. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@molosku But isn’t it your conceptual mind that says “reason, cause etc. is conceptual and the rest is just what it is and it is ultimately the reality” that’s just meta-conceptualization that your mind does

@Nahm How do ‘you’ discover what you are not and what you are? Eventually you’d have to come to the point where you ask yourself “Who is it that is asking this question/doing this investigation?” and here you are paralyzed again. You can never answer this question because any answer will bring about a further question

@pluto That is just much easier said than done.

How do you not do and just be? That is the all question tho.

@Emre The thinking (questions & answers / duality) is what you are doing, along with beating your heart, multiplying your cells, being the electromagnetic field, keeping every orbit of every planet and atom, and maintaining gravity and spacetime, all without a hiccup. Not a glitch. 

When you are what you are, without illusion, there is no question being asked. None of those things being maintained. And it’s very funny. There’s nothing serious going on here. 

Transcend by doing everything you can to transcend. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Emre said:

That’s the biggest problem with spirituality. Contemplate on this. How can you do anything not egoic? Any ‘doing’ is egoic. See this for yourself. Don’t just be a pseudo spiritualist. See clearly that it is impossible to do anyhting not egoic. 

So what are we to do when anything we try ,even a little, is pushing us away from where we are trying to get to?

i get what you mean, like playing tag with yourself. In the search for meaning you notice you end up tapping yourself on the shoulder. 

It's not a problem. If you completely surrender your body will move by itself and everything that needs to be done will be done automaticly, without ego or desire.

The problem is thinking about spirituality/life, it's not something you put a problem solving mind on like were used to, which only ends up in a paradox. 

You do the spiritual practice and let it serve you, you practice loving, and you just enjoy, that's spirituality. 

4 hours ago, Emre said:

Yup! :D

Folk like you and I don’t see the pursuit of no-self as the right way to self actualize. 

Practice no-self purely for the sake of skepticism. In that much, it is very worth it. To get the understanding that everything you know is illusory and perhaps outright a mistake to believe! That is what really matters with neti-neti.

Look to find your actualize self anyway that you feel works best. 

Personally I did a TON of growth and even had some .... interesting .... to say the least .... consciousness experiences — by only practicing Active Mindfulness as a dedicated practice. I learned the whole time, learning from YouTube and personal exploration. But I never got into any serious meditation at all. All of my consciousness work has been practicing awareness - just whenever I felt to. During my activities throughout the day. A few seconds here, a random successful few minutes there...  now I can be aware a lot more often and in a lot more depth... it’s great :) so much can be gained from awareness practice of any kind!

Awareness alone is all you need ;) practice it in the way that fits your personality :D 

Purify yourself with sadhana rather than trying to prematurely intellectually figure out what is and isn't from ego. You can't be free of ego without being enlightened, so focus on becoming enlightened through a practice and finding out what is true than by trying to act enlightened via some moral philosophy.

It's not a problem for me, the universe is a controlled accident that I exist with.

@Emre Quite simply you do your sadhana and other necessary practices while not being a tryhard, and live your life. Pieces of selfishness will fall away as you purify yourself.