Torkys

The Journey to My Life Purpose

15 posts in this topic

I am writing about this mainly because my intuition told me so - also because I have mentioned it and experimenting with methods of expressing myself is one of my goals. I resisted doing this for like 45 minutes so...

It all began in November 2017 when I realized that I lack a vision for my life about which I wrote in this post:

Fortunately, @Joseph Maynor commented on this post suggesting me to do life purpose work. Joseph, you provided me with resources and got me to explore my psyche, a huge thanks goes to you! :)

In December I did VIA's strength assessment test and got my strengths figured out. I also went through Joseph's journal and started doing the exercises he did. They clarified some things but the one exercise that gave me the best results was Pavlina's (emotional intelligence) life purpose exercise.

Essentially, you brainstorm life purpose ideas, try to find the ones that emotionally trigger you until you start crying typing/seeing one of them - that's your purpose. It is suggested to do this in one sit even though this will be one of the most frustrating exercises you will ever do in your life - not in my case. I started doing this exercise in January and skipped 2 months. Those 63 minutes I spent doing it January I already got some results. A quote from my commonplace book where I did the exercise:

68. (My life purpose is to) create life-changing experiences of purification for others by creating life-changing experiences of purification for myself

I felt my heart chakra purify. I went downstairs while doing this exercise and while going upstairs, I felt not being able to move, decided to lay down on the stairs and I suddenly started to laugh uncontrollably. Life purpose actualized.

In February, I found my values using this technique (this will be important later) :

rankedlist.JPG

In March, I continued doing the life purpose exercise and a remarkable thing happened. I was stuck between 2 purposes - making people authentic and ridding people of ignorance. I described the event in my post about discovering Infinite Intelligence - without which I would still be completely clueless:

"A few days ago was doing this exercise (Pavlina's) to find my life purpose when I hit a point where two seemingly contradicting life purposes popped up. I had the intuitive urge to shut down my laptop and go to a dark room and to meditate. What happened was astounding - consciousness itself assembled the 9 values I had into 2 big ones, Authenticity and Understanding. I saw how these values guided my life since I was 4 or 5 years old - I almost started crying."

After this and getting hour-long "downloads" from Infinite Intelligence, I continued the exercise, the purpose I really ended it was "freeing people from impurities". Now, I need to make it clear (hehe) what purity means to me. What unites authenticity and understanding - my top 2 values - is that they rid people of things which covers up their true nature: inauthenticity and ignorance. I remember realizing this and whispering "Oh my fucking God!" over and in the dark at 1 AM. So I will use the following definition of pure in this post: "free from resistance and ignorance". Purity is what makes people more conscious; you can replace it God, consciousness, Truth, anything of that nature.

On March 7th, my intuition told me to meditate for an hour - so I did. I haven't meditated in weeks so this made me appreciate the difficulty of work ahead of me to become pure. While I was meditating, my intuition said that I should do intuitive writing about my life purpose (heh, what a selfish bastard :D), so that's what I did.

I started writing at 0:30 AM. I wrote about how sharing of my purity and purifying by sharing are the parts of my purpose - one night I started crying when I visualizing my current closest life purpose (to become a force of purification out of raw purity of soul) and I wanted to capture that feeling - and I realized that this purpose is dualistic. I wrote out the requirements for my life purpose statement, wrote one down and I wanted to make it the most non-dual I could but the one who made it more and more non-dual wasn't me - it was Infinite Intelligence. My search finally ended at around 1:20 AM when I wrote down this purpose: "My life purpose is to let purity manifest in me and purify sentient beings."

I was shocked when I discovered my purpose. How could the Universe give such a noble purpose? (@Charlotte, if you can call a purpose noble, this must be it :P) I am essentially dying to Truth and let it heal the world.

I am still in the process of integration and buying fully into it. Two more reasons for sharing this: one is providing resources and inspiration for those of you who haven't found their purpose and this puts a pressure on me to make this purpose a reality.

Finally, I would tag @Nahm, @i am I AM and @cirkussmile because they might be interested.

Thank you for reading this! :)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys Wow! Amazing read! Thank you for sharing. 

This will also help me tremendously, thank you! 

Indeed a noble life purpose ^_^ 

Your well on your way, sending my support and strength ??♥️

@Nahm Thank you! You already showed alot of support, you always warm my heart!

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor Full circle. Beautiful to have witnessed. Thank you. 

I haven't noticed until you mentioned. Joseph went through the hero's journey, got help from the forum, now he gave assistance for a new hero. Wonderful,...

isntit.gif

@Charlotte You replied OMG! :D Thank you and you are welcome!

Edited by Torkys
I had to make own gif

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

@Torkys This is fascinating. Thank you so much. Please update us about your progress in actualizing your purpose. 

@Torkys I certainly know the feeling to give of Source intelligence, to everyone and anyone possible!

The only requirement is awareness, but ultimately it must come to the Seeker.

At my present understanding, even the ability of ourselves to communicate knowledge should therefore be in question, let alone via a siddhi such as channeling.

3 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Please update us about your progress in actualizing your purpose. 

+1 ♥️

@Elisabeth @Charlotte Thank you! :)

Even though I got into the flow state while writing this and I gave you the best outline I could, I still fail like I could have done better. I have failed to communicate how connected I am to my purpose. Maybe that's not possible - while trying to figure out my purpose I had a really hard time translating my deep-seated passion into words.

This post validated my intuition that I should communicate emotional insight as opposed to intellectual ones. Maybe I'll become a romantic-style poet, I don't know. :) Infinite Intelligence gave me the idea to start a blog (most likely in Hungarian) but I will consider starting a journal here and if I do I will sure to notify you.

@i am I AM True knowledge can't be communicated and Source Intelligence can only work with stuff you feed it.

Thanks for that exercise of pavlina it got me a step further towards my LP.

8 minutes ago, Torkys said:

I have failed to communicate how connected I am to my purpose.

Actually, although I didn't quite realize when reading, you did communicate exactly that. Well, maybe not the full extent, I don't know O.o But a lot of people don't get me engaged when writing out their life purpose. You did. I don't think that's possible without the connectedness and authenticity. 

13 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

But a lot of people don't get me engaged when writing out their life purpose. You did. I don't think that's possible without the connectedness and authenticity.

Seems like I followed Leo's 6 keys to powerful communication here. :D

I am known as a good writer so this should have helped alot. "Coming out" with these things (spirituality and life purpose) is part of the process of actualizing my life purpose. Authenticity as a value won't stay with me, it is evolving into "Releasing Resistance" as I predicted it to happen.

On 4/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, dude said:

Thanks for that exercise of pavlina it got me a step further towards my LP.

You are welcome :)

13 hours ago, Rajat Bhatia said:

Don't you think though, that values change with time?

They do but at this level of understanding and consciousness, I couldn't really make my life about anything else.

Enlightenment is knowing AND living the Truth. If you know the Truth, there can only be one Life Purpose: help others wake up.

Much love
Be happy