Sempiternity

Is it really possible to disapear your ego and reach highest levels of enlightenment?

26 posts in this topic

Has anyone here done what Leo has said and become consciousness, without any Self? Has anyone here actually achieved Truth (like described by Leo)? I've watched all of Leo's videos. I love his teachings. I want to believe all he says, but I have a hard time with some of the deeper philosophies. For instance, all matter doesn't exist, there is just a never-ending field of  consciousness of infinite possibilities.  And everything is infinity. And we have zero control over any aspect of anything, not even moving your finger or making a choice. And if you truly realize all this. All your suffering and fear disappears, and you are at peace and a state of bliss. And once you get there, you can never go back to the suffering. You reached enlightenment. But, I've been an atheist my whole life. I studied science. I have believed that we are matter and we can control our life. But I also have tried everything and have always still suffered. So if this can work, I would gladly dedicate 1000 hours to achieve this. I'm willing to give up everything I know. But, I have a hard time believing anyone that says they have the answers or the truth that can set you free. Been burned by too many religious con-artists, shamans that were just out for their own ego, and everyone else's own opinion of how everything works in life. So could Leo's teachings be just another opinion? He is extremely convincing in telling you that it's not an opinion, but experienceable Truth. But only if you dedicate 1000 hours to hard work to get there. Could 99.999% of people be wrong and just a hand full of people, like Leo, know the true Truth? I'd like to think so. Like I said, I love his teachings. I want to achieve what he says is possible through these teachings. The catch is, you have to believe it's possible, to even have the drive to dedicate 1000 hours to it. So has anyone actually known someone who actually achieved these highest levels of Truth and Enlightenment? If no one has achieved it, or actually met any of these handful of Enlightened people, then how can we truly know it is possible? 

6 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

The catch is, you have to believe it's possible, to even have the drive to dedicate 1000 hours to it.

Efforts of 1000 hours is not much, in eastern civilizations, people sacrifice their whole life for highest levels of Truth and Enlightenment.

It's relative. 3 or 4 years may not seem like alot in the face of a lifetime. One an argue that most of those people in the eastern civilizations are still part of the illusionary belief and Ego driven views, just presented as a form of Enlightenment.

It can seem like a huge amount of dedication to something you're taking on faith is possible. But my point was if we've never met a person that has reached these higher levels of Enlightenment and Truth. Not a spiritual person who is still Ego, just successful at looking like they are enlightenment, but full on what is taught by Leo. Is taking on faith that it's possible, is that enough to dedicate that 3 to 4 years to maybe some slim possible of getting there.  For me at least, I'd need more than that faith to even dedicate myself down this path. 

3 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

For me at least, I'd need more than that faith to even dedicate myself down this path. 

This path is for gamblers, it is the greatest gamble. 

Watch this from 50:10 mark onwards.. that is what happened to me. I went mute for few months if not several i cannot recall exactly but i understood the pointlessness to interact with anyone or anything else as i was whole and absolute.

In order to re-interact with others and re-materialize some energy back into physicality and this current reality i had to re-integrate some ego back or energy exchange/communication would not be possible.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

...then how can we truly know it is possible? 

Hehe...

You can't know until you achieve it. For all you know, everything I say could be a lie.

Such is the nature of all breakthroughs.

You cannot do research unless you are willing to assume the risk of deadends.

Now you see why so few people discover the Truth.

P.S. 1000 hours is actually a very small investment. You should be prepared to invest way more than that if you really care about knowing the origin of existence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No disrespect to you or your teachings, Leo. I'm just confused, as now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew. Now doubting all my thoughts and beliefs, I guess I'm doubting everything. I know there is no way of reaching peace or happiness from the current paradigm. So the only way through is teachings like yours. I just have such a hard time rapping my head around alot of the concepts (especially the core concept of consciousness being everything and matter and science is all false). And this doubt is a block in having the trust to fully dedicate myself to the work. I guess I'm willing to take the risk, because what do I have to lose but time I would have spent doing nothing anyways. The potential of what could be possible on the other side matters more than anything else in the reality I live now. 

Yes . And It's possible for anyone willing to do the work. A casual or simple curiosity won't do it. If the desire is such that you can't leave this life without knowing it,then nothing will stop you from realizing it. And it doesn't have to take 1000 hours or many years.

Who chit, have you achieved this or has anyone you known? If not, then how do you know it's possible? 

15 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I guess I'm willing to take the risk, because what do I have to lose but time I would have spent doing nothing anyways.

It is a risk, the greatest risk; you may be lost and nothing may be gained. 

Buddha was asked, "What have you gained from meditation?"

Buddha replied, “Nothing. I have lost much, but have gained nothing."

52 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Who chit, have you achieved this or has anyone you known? If not, then how do you know it's possible? 

Yes,this is what awakening is. A  realization of the full nature of reality. The mistake many make is believing they are enlightened after awakening. They experienced the truth and think they are done. I can't remember who said it but the quote "if it ain't abiding,it ain't done" is true . Which means if there  is not a permanent abiding of that awakened state,there's still work to be done. This is the case for the majority of those who awaken to the truth. They've realized the true nature of reality,experienced their true nature of being pure consciousness and/or pure formless awareness, but have more work to do to make it a permanent state. The work is the clearing of remaining karmic obstructions,and varies according to the individual. In that sense,it could take a few more years to make it a permanent state.

The order is such that a person goes from accepting the possibility and begins seeking. Eventually they awaken/realize the truth and from there, integrate to the permanent state. At least that's my experience of it.

Edited by who chit

@Jed Vassallo It’s unbelievable, unthinkable, and unfathomable. If you haven’t realized it, it’s unrecognizable to you - you wouldn’t know if you’ve encountered enlightened beings. It’s hilarious, in the sense you are it, questioning it. The truth is impossible to grasp, yet when realized, it’s literally impossible to escape. It’s nowhere until it’s everywhere, and when it’s everywhere it’s nowhere, and it’s impossible to suffer. The path is alone. Lot’s of things can point, but you must go alone. Anything anyone says, by default, is not the truth. That’s how radical and unthinkable it is. One single word is already misdirection - but we point because it is the most worthwhile adventure possible. 

If you can look around you right now, look at your body, look at yourself in the mirror, watch your fingers move, look at other people - and you don’t NEED to know exactly what the fuck is going on there, then don’t bother, you’re not a seeker and you’ll never realize. Just live the best life you can and leave the truth for ‘others’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Jed Vassallo We take people's word for it. And some of us have a less advanced experience of non-duality already, so we know there's something to this, so we figure it's possible to have something even more incredible.

Nothing is the greatest Number to be Seen.

Edited by MofO

Getting rid of the ego is a movement of ego lol 

Ego is a manifestation of time and so is “getting rid of it.” ?

Edited by Faceless

18 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Has anyone here done what Leo has said and become consciousness, without any Self?

You don't "become" consciousness. You already are it. The only problem is that your preconceived ideas doesn't let you see the truth. Buddhist say that our ego distorts reality and we cannot recognize our true nature.

For instance, all matter doesn't exist, there is just a never-ending field of  consciousness of infinite possibilities.  And everything is infinity. And we have zero control over any aspect of anything, not even moving your finger or making a choice. (....) I've been an atheist my whole life. I studied science. I have believed that we are matter and we can control our life.

If you are a materialist, like I was... think about Quantum mechanics. Matter is not anywhere, they can't find matter. Only they can predict where it is more probable that a particle may appear, or its position, momentum, etc... using the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

And think about control. If you think that we are a body, and that there's certain chemicals reactions in the brain that allows us to think, and to do things. How does this reactions happen? Following the rules of physics? So, if you are a result of those rules of physics causing reactions in your brain, how do you have control over that?

But, I have a hard time believing anyone that says they have the answers or the truth that can set you free. Been burned by too many religious con-artists, shamans that were just out for their own ego, and everyone else's own opinion of how everything works in life.

No one can give you the truth or tell you the truth.  The only thing that "others" can do is point you towards truth, but you are the only one who can realize it. Don't follow anyone, just follow your instincts, intuition. Study, try to understand the best way you can and don't try to become enlightened, or become anything. You cannot become what you already are.

If no one has achieved it, or actually met any of these handful of Enlightened people, then how can we truly know it is possible? 

You can't. When you talk to me, (or write ) I am not listening or reading you. I am reading myself. It's impossible for us to know what others are experiencing, how they see reality and why. I am reading what you say and filtering it through my ideas, my experiences and my preconceived ideas. So maybe for me Jesus was enlightened, others will say no... who has the truth?

Just pay attention to your heart and understanding and forget about others, they are (me included) projections on you. You are existence itself.

A strange loop. If you didn't see that video, I recommend you to watch it. Leo did it some weeks ago.

Peace!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

20 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I'm questioning everything I thought I knew. Now doubting all my thoughts and beliefs, I guess I'm doubting everything.

Yes, that's good. That's the only way really. You must doubt everything until nothing remains.

Spirituality is like extreme skepticism taken to its ultimate conclusion, consuming everything, and even itself. Until only pure being remains.

Trusting me is not what I ask you to do. I ask you to be skeptical of everything equally, especially of your self.

You cannot trust anyone in this work. Not me, not any guru, not Buddha. You must discover what is true in your direct experience. Direct experience is all that really matters. My words are only here to motivate you to look more closely at your direct experience and question everything society has taught you.

There are no authority figures. The truth cannot be spoken or proven to you. You must seek it out all alone.

Make sure you don't mistake my talking for truth. All the ideas I fill your mind with are NOT the truth!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Make sure you don't mistake my talking for truth. All the ideas I fill your mind with are NOT the truth!

So.. is that true or not?

lol jk

Memento Mori

7 hours ago, Truth said:

So.. is that true or not?

lol jk

That's a strange loop

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16