Viking

I dont feel any meaning in my life

37 posts in this topic

@Viking Still better than distracting yourself. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

55 minutes ago, dorg said:

Yes, and because the ego has no purpose now, it decides that it will not like (enjoy) anything that you do - IOW it is having a tantrum. It is just another way for it to stay in control.

Yes, today I realized that. It's incredible how deeply sleep I was... and probably still I am...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Turn off the movies!

Create and meditate with art (your choice of creating in the form of art).

On 4/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, Viking said:

Lately I dont like to do anything, nothing seems to make me have fun, all i can do is distract myself with movies.

I stopped meditating already a week and a half. i meditated for half a year and barely had any noticable effects. I wanted to start yoga but i cant bring myself to read the book, i was extremely excited about it but now i just dont want to read the book.

I dont want to study (i study in university), I dont want to do anything, even movies dont bring me joy anymore. I find myself having fun only in my dreams.

im very angry lately, I feel desperate and I want to cry

wtf am i supposed to do?

This place you're in is a very valuable state.  Begin accepting your psychology whatever the manifestations through observing with openness and acceptance. 

What’s your exercise routine like?  You sound like you need to increase your horizontal momentum as I call it.  

Life by default is meaningless. Its up-to us to give it meaning. Create! Play! Have fun!

Find your Power! Apply it!

Do what ever excites you the most!

Things will fall into place :)

B R E A T H E

You gotta create your own meaning.  That’s what Leo’s Life Purpose Course is perfectly designed to help you with.  I did the course myself, so I can vouch for it.  Meaning is something that takes work — it’s not gonna come find you, you gotta go hunt for it!   

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Would you like to create a *better* self or become aware of the illusionary nature of self?

You're supposed to start caring more about yourself and find what you are. You are bored and have no direction because life has no direction and the only "direction" it can have is when the individual finds his life purpose. Until then you will just move in circles. The majority of people move in circles and they distract themselves from the boredom by surrounding themselves with ordinary things, the typical mundane life, the life that almost any individual you see on the street has. The existential boredom is real and the only way a person can feel harmony, a sense of direction is by knowing themselves, the real, bigger, "higher" self, not the one that can be easily known. When you start to know yourself, to build a better "relationship" with yourself, you will find power, clarity, organisation and harmony. Until then you are just fooling yourself and gradually waste your life. There are many modalities of knowing yourself. The best way, besides meditation, is by doing what enthuses you greatly.

I'm sure you started to feel discouraged when a half year of meditating didn't give you the results you imagined it would.  That is something a lot of meditators go through including myself. The truth is there is so many variables that go into the efficiency of your meditating that its best to just keep at it even thought it doesn't seem to work. I have stopped meditating many times due to the lack of results that I was experiencing. Keep trying new techniques until you find one that seems most productive for you. Eat as healthy as you possibly can. Get a lot of exercise because it will help your mind be able to focus. Most importantly jump back on the wagon and continue to persist with your practices because they will give you results. We were brought up in a society where everyone always wants the quick fix solution. That's what advertisements exploit and why people are addicted to substances. Meditation is not a quick fix. It takes a lot of hard work and the results can be very fucking slow but they will come. @Viking

5 minutes ago, mikeyy said:

I'm sure you started to feel discouraged when a half year of meditating didn't give you the results you imagined it would.  

I am meditating almost daily since 2 years ago and I just beginning to notice some changes, mostly in concentration and focus.

But it's nothing really hehehe... but it gave me the perspective about how meditation works and what to expect.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Fuck yea bro I am impressed that you were able to stay on the path for that long despite immediate results. That shows you have self discipline and trust in the process. Its so easy to fall into the trap of thinking meditation doesn't work and then quit. I also finally have a better perspective on what to except from meditation which is why I don't worry about lack of results anymore. If we keep pushing through we will be so happy we did. @abrakamowse

2 minutes ago, mikeyy said:

I also finally have a better perspective on what to except from meditation which is why I don't worry about lack of results anymore. 

I think that is the key. The ego always wants results, and it's impatient. If there's not results fast it becomes disappointed.

And... we can be aware of it!

:)

Try to take note of your thought patterns. How are they like? For simple stuff like house chores, I just do them automatically, and it's over. It works in a similar way for your interests too. Just do them with baby steps. Things start falling into place once you start. It does happen automatically. You just have to start. As for the negative feelings like anger, if your external environment doesn't require your anger, you don't have to deal with it. Just let your angry thoughts pass by. Most, if not always, your anger or other negative feelings are not needed.

just an update: i tripped on lsd and now life is magical again lol, I know much better what to do