MM1988

Coming down from my first LSD trip

34 posts in this topic

after not having the balls to do it for months I finally dropped acid yesterday after a couple beers. Didnt want to get insights just get a feel for the substance and curiousity.

I was drinking with friends and stuff got way too intense. I went home and now its 11am the next day and I still cant sleep. There were some nice moments during the trip but for me its way too intense and way too long. I dont think I will ever so LSD again.

its been 13 hours here, the effects are gone but I still havent slept

9 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

its been 13 hours here, the effects are gone but I still havent slept

Don't worry, man. It can take awhile to get some sleep. I have been there many times.

if it's day, dont sleep. go to sleep at the usual time and put an alarm at the usual time you wake up. dont nap and be strict about those times. itll be ok, you'll just have to readjust your circadian rythm, happened to me too.

@MM1988 When you disrespect the substance -- as you did -- you get slapped upside the head.

Spirituality is not a toy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@MM1988 When you disrespect the substance -- as you did -- you get slapped upside the head.

Spirituality is not a toy.

What do you mean the world is not real? Do you mean literally? That is is literally a dream or we are in a coma or this is literally a videogame or a simulation or do you mean that as metaphor as we are being asleep?

@Leo Gura you are totally right but I just couldnt bring myself to take that 12 hour trip when sober. It wasnt really a bad trip its just that I got tired and hungover in the middle of it and it got annoying. I still feel light after effects and havent slept, that stuff is way to intense for me, and I tried all the "party uppers" already.

I dont understand how people do this stuff recreationally honestly. I thought I'd do a recreational fun trip in company o friends first with the anti anxiety from the alcohol to get a feel for LSD. Nope.

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988  with friends can be a decent  introduction, drinking doesn’t help, consider future trips on a more solid foundation, and alone, With a trip sitter though.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've never done any psychedelics but I already know that I would never do them around friends. All alone in a comfortable environment with nothing to do would be best.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

If I would do this alone I would be freaking out over 12+ hours. 100% no way I would do this. 

If I do any future trips it wont be LSD for sure.

Edited by MM1988

I just think that friends could misinterpret your trip so easily, you try to explain some insight and theyre not at all on your level and brush you off, that could cause some anxiety or even bad trips.

@Ether If you as a separate mind body individual that exists independent and apart from the world does not exist on it's own, now how can the world exist in itself. When you as an individual that gives the fundamental grounding and consistency of reality goes out the window what's left? 

@Rilles That's a lot of assumption. What if they became your mirror and broke you further down?

@Friend Also possible, depends on what kind of friends you have I guess.

I understand your reasoning here, testing it out, recreationally with friends, after a couple of beers, but there is reason why there are specifically defined protocols such as set and setting, setting intentions, meditating or getting grounded before dropping. It also sounds like you did it in the evening or at night which is why you were up all night, which indicates to me that you might've impulsively done it (I may be wrong). 

I plan ALL of my trips. I set an expected time to drop, I do all of my chores, I let my significant other know, I meditate, and set intentions in my mind. If things get real intense, I take big breathes and accept. Getting engaged in an activity such as coloring, drawing, playing an instrument, dancing, or singing, activities that feel organic, natural, and expressive is helpful as well. 

They can be used recreationally in a sense, but I think they require the person to be comfortable with the effects. A scenario can be doing it with a couple of trusting friends on a hiking trail. Even then, do not underestimate it, set intentions together. When people underestimate it, they can make bad decisions like mixing it with other drugs or risky behavior. You are better off overestimating than underestimating because if it gets intense or "hairy" you gotta be prepared to stay calm and ride it out. 

Always trip sober. 

and if there is a next time, do it right. :D

If you read set and setting and try to understand it, you know you did it wrong (if you are interested in learning). 

No matter what we do we always have to challenge our fears, otherwise we can't grow. Party and drinking beer with friends is the safest place you know. if you can't face your own fear you will not do any progress and this experience can instead build up fear and resistance. 

Be careful, some people spend years trying to overcome situations like this. And it because of this it's very important to follow set and settings and have an intention to learn and grow whatever it takes. 

4 hours ago, MM1988 said:

If I would do this alone I would be freaking out over 12+ hours. 100% no way I would do this. 

If I do any future trips it wont be LSD for sure.

I would recomend you to do mushrooms. Start low and get a feel for it. Dont drink, smoke or take drugs beforehand. If you are extremely anxious the ods for a not so great time increase and it might not be the right time. A low dose of benzodiazepines like 2-4mg helps you with the anxiousness but i would not advice you to do that. I have a few benzos and a couple of antipscychotics in the medicalcabinet that i know would stop the trip pretty quick. For me they work as good lying there available and i have worked through some nasty stuff without reaching for it. I do it at home, alone, late in the evening, in the dark with just some candles, meditation music and lie down look inwards, shut the fuck up and take what it gives.. And it gives??