Deutsche22

I can't talk to anyone about Truth/anything Leo shares with us

42 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the same experience?

I am unable to discuss anything that Leo shares with us with other people. They are completely unconscious and even offended when you attempt to talk about anything even remotely related to anything on Actualized.org.

Edited by Deutsche22

I don't even attempt to haha.  I reserve all my discussion for you all.  It's hard to explain non-duality cold to someone who doesn't have any experience with these ideas at all.  Yeah -- let's have a light conversation about the Absolute over lunch!   Maybe we'll talk about the fact that there are no objective moral truths over coffee!  Let's discuss both your immortality and the fact that you don't exist over drinks after work!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yeah, It’s the same in my life. People who haven’t been pushed on this path simply cannot even accept the possibility of something that we talk about here. You have to discover it for yourself, unfortunately. I‘m glad though that we have this forum to connect and discuss.

Thank you. It is a lonely road...but for who/whom? The nearly Enlightened? Man, everyone I meet is completely trapped in mind patterns, totally lost...

of course when you refer to people (even unspoken) as "unconscious", "trapped in mind patterns", "lost" they're going to be offended. It's that spiritual arrogance thats holding you back. look at how unconscious and trapped you are. 

the communication obstacle is not in the people, its in your words. how you choose to say what you want to convey is everything. i also had difficulties with that, but now i know better what to say and how.

forget that, don't even try to talk about this with anyone. instead become enlightened and your mere presence will change others

14 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

forget that, don't even try to talk about this with anyone. instead become enlightened and your mere presence will change others

I agree.  And that's been very noticeable to people I've been around.  They are all very happy with my more calm and grounded personality.  But after studying philosophy for many years, I found out a long time ago that some topics are reserved for dinner conversation and some are not.  It depends entirely on your company.  People can get very judgmental when you start talking about ideas that conflict with their own.  Even if your intent is benign in mentioning the ideas.  I find that discussing the enlightenment ideas is extremely puzzling to people.  I tried a couple of times.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

22 minutes ago, Deutsche22 said:

I can't talk to anyone about Truth/anything Leo shares with us

Who wants unnecessary trouble. To remain non-meditative is easy in a way. You have not to do anything about it, you are already non-meditative. But to become meditative really needs great courage, great determination, great patience, because to go beyond the mind is the most complicated phenomenon. 

Don't think that people who do not listen to you are completely unconscious, they can be happy with their lives right now.

Don't worry too much about just "completing the game" as in completing life. Having a blissful world and that's it. Follow your passion instead and that will also be the best for others even if it might seem selfish at first. You can't help everyone but you can still enjoy life. If you're feeling down, keep meditating and it will pass. 

This forum in it's completeness is a very good view on how the spiritual path looks like. So many topics, questions and concerns. 

And people still believe they can get enlightened in one day and skip the hard parts :) This whole forum is a great way to show all the confusion during the path.

This we should not forget and neither should we forget that all is well!!

Guys, I am recently adopting a very subtle strategy. 

This can only be done to those you care for, close people that you do see regularly. 

What, you have to do is build their interest in yoga. ( physical side ) for health benefits, depression, anxiety, confidence, energy, etc. Anything and everything that is relatable and they are open minded about.

Example - Today, I showed my parents video of of yogi guru and his physical endurance and health at extreme age. And, as my parents are aging, they watched it with enthusiasm. And, this was it for today. 

Later, I will make them watch more, and get them into practice of yoga/meditation. And then over months, years, when they would be in love and have experience of the stillness within. I will introduce them to the philosophy side. 

6 hours ago, Viking said:

of course when you refer to people (even unspoken) as "unconscious", "trapped in mind patterns", "lost" they're going to be offended. It's that spiritual arrogance thats holding you back. look at how unconscious and trapped you are. 

the communication obstacle is not in the people, its in your words. how you choose to say what you want to convey is everything. i also had difficulties with that, but now i know better what to say and how.

I will say nothing to anyone.

6 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Who wants unnecessary trouble. To remain non-meditative is easy in a way. You have not to do anything about it, you are already non-meditative. But to become meditative really needs great courage, great determination, great patience, because to go beyond the mind is the most complicated phenomenon. 

Don't think that people who do not listen to you are completely unconscious, they can be happy with their lives right now.

Well said. I will let everything and everyone just be.

1 minute ago, Outer said:

I haven't thought of bringing it up, but it's easy as hell as everyone's it and everyone can know Truth. I'll almost start laughing because you might think you're on some pedestal :)

When I have spoken about Truth and other topics, some of the closest people in my life see me as "above them", arrogant. Never meant it that way at all, it was their reaction. So, again, I think it is best to say nothing to anyone.

I'm fond of a certain Kierkegaard quote for occasions like this: "Giving utterance to reflection has a weakening effect on action by getting ahead of it." 

When you talk to other people too much about your plans and activities, especially if they are of a deeply personal nature, it can drain you of the energy that would be better spent simply doing whatever it is you want to do. 

5 hours ago, mohdanas said:

Guys, I am recently adopting a very subtle strategy. 

This can only be done to those you care for, close people that you do see regularly. 

What, you have to do is build their interest in yoga. ( physical side ) for health benefits, depression, anxiety, confidence, energy, etc. Anything and everything that is relatable and they are open minded about.

Example - Today, I showed my parents video of of yogi guru and his physical endurance and health at extreme age. And, as my parents are aging, they watched it with enthusiasm. And, this was it for today. 

Later, I will make them watch more, and get them into practice of yoga/meditation. And then over months, years, when they would be in love and have experience of the stillness within. I will introduce them to the philosophy side. 

Solid advice. This is also a good strategy to ease a reluctant girl into anal. 

Most of the times, yes. Today however, i met a guy randomly on the street. He stopped me and gave me a card, which had text on it saying: "Jesus is alive". I thought he was some random guy that was trying to lure me into some cult, but we ended up talking about non-duality and consciousness for an hour. 

It's funny, isn't it. We are all these "dots" living around the world, isolated from each other. You can see the ignorance in people's eyes because it was once in yours, too. And then you come here and find passion and understanding from these other dots. It's awesome.

I've been told..."just be a [bee]...", i.e. just be..............................................................

can you imagine that you are the only one through which god experiencing life. it is a lonely path some of us chose (of think they chose).

Every one of us has had the same experience, is a lost battle. So what is your question?