Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

1,685 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

That was not how I was expecting the teacher to look, Lol. 

Hmm. Have you seen his teacher?

20 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

You put your focus on the 3rd eye and keep it there ALL the time. When inhaling, mentally chant om 6 times into the 3rd eye and while exhaling 6 times too. If you can, do khechari mudra, otherwise baby khechari. Aim for one-pointedness.

Thank you sir!

Alright this might sound weird but has anyone experienced frequent urination as a side effect of doing kriya ? I feel like just when I'm practicing kriya ( I also do some asanas beforehand) I have to go to the bathroom twice, sometimes thrice 

@Pernani Some people have reported this during energy healing and other such things. They say it's your body detoxing.

I've experienced this from Reiki and a 'kundalini activator'.

im new to kriya yoga .. somebody care to give me some research as to where to start with the practice..and online videos that i can follow ?

thanks guys

Hi @kira I would suggest you go through the last 25 pages of this thread, am sure you will find all that you are looking for.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Has anyone here gotten samadhi through their practice?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

20 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Has anyone here gotten samadhi through their practice?

I have, through kriya pranayama + kriya supreme fire + parvastha (final special kriya). In parvastha, samadhi comes naturally if you've done the other 2 practices correctly! The first stills the mind, the second awakes kundalini, the third collapses my ego into awareness. But to reach this stage, I needed a lot of practice.

Cheers.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, The Blind Sage said:

@Pernani Some people have reported this during energy healing and other such things. They say it's your body detoxing.

I've experienced this from Reiki and a 'kundalini activator'.

That's good to know. thanks :)

@BuddhaTree Thanks for the response

Another Q: It says as prep for kriya pranayama, you do kechari mudra before

1) how necessary is this? I can't do it yet

2) do you keep your tongue up in the nasal cavity the whole time you are doing nasal breathing?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 9/28/2019 at 3:08 AM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@BuddhaTree Thanks for the response

Another Q: It says as prep for kriya pranayama, you do kechari mudra before

1) how necessary is this? I can't do it yet

2) do you keep your tongue up in the nasal cavity the whole time you are doing nasal breathing?

1) Khechari mudra is not necessary but is likely to very noticeably boost your practise. Your mind will probably calm down more, you might feel the prana more and you slowly loosen the knot at ajna.

2)Once you can do khechari mudra you keep the tongue in the nasal cavity during the whole practise (or as long as possible)

Ive been doing the pratice taught in KSR for six months and after that ive changed to gamanas practice with the ending at sahasrara for 1,5 years. Even with Kriya supreme fire. Its a very powerful practice and I can feel strange things happening to my body at night. And i also feel my chakras burning and sometimes itching in the area around. 
i have a question for those who have been practising for a long time. 
is my current practise to powerful for me? i havnt practised for so long.

i am thinking of returning to KSR practise, to get back to the rota, the ”original” practise as i want to call it. to get the chanting in the chakras. I read somewhere about the practise would be tamasic (negative) if it doesnt include chanting in the chakras. 

In the book it says the minimum of Nadi Sodhana Pranayama duration should be 5 mins for level 1. Yet when I do 3 cycles of breathing Im done in 1 minute not 5... Have I missed something... what am I doing wrong? Anyone?

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

In the book it says the minimum of Nadi Sodhana Pranayama duration should be 5 mins for level 1. Yet when I do 3 cycles of breathing Im done in 1 minute not 5... Have I missed something... what am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Here's my typical duration for one cycle -

Left nostril inhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 3 seconds 

Right nostril exhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 1 second 

Right nostril inhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 3 seconds 

Left nostril exhale - 9 to 10 seconds 

Hold -1 second

So a cycle of mine must take anywhere around 44 to 48 seconds.

Edited by Pacific Sage
Correction in count

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

1 minute ago, Pacific Sage said:

Here's my typical duration for one cycle -

Left nostril inhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 3 seconds 

Right nostril exhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 1 second 

Right nostril inhale - 9 to 10 seconds

Hold - 3 seconds 

Left nostril exhale - 9 to 10 seconds 

So a cycle of mine must take anywhere around 43 to 47 seconds.

That makes perfect sense! Thank you so much! 🙏🏼

Hi guys do you feel your kundalini after kriya yoga, I just had mini awakening from Spinal Breathing Kriya its so estatic, blissfull but i am afriad that I can overdo it and that this kind of rising energy can be too much form my system. Any thoughts? 

22 hours ago, Paan said:

i am thinking of returning to KSR practise, to get back to the rota, the ”original” practise as i want to call it. to get the chanting in the chakras. I read somewhere about the practise would be tamasic (negative) if it doesnt include chanting in the chakras. 

This new video gets deep into the issues of tamasic practice and chanting in the chakras, specifically towards the end of the video.