Leo Gura

New 6-Part Osho Cult Documentary Just Out On Netflix

187 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

This is why I am skeptical about all this process... What if you become more and more deluded and what if Enlightenment does not exist? What if we are all wrong? What if some people are just using this concept to mislead people and get material gains. I am not speaking about OSHO since I don't know much about him. I am just wondering in general...

And yes I have had very powerful glimpses and samadhi moments but still... what if we are missing something.

I don't agree with the idea of Evil Enlightened people, but I may be wrong.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

This is why I sometimes get skeptical about all this process... What if you become more and more deluded and what if Enlightenment does not exist? What if we are all wrong? What if some people are just using this concept to mislead people and get material gains. I am not speaking about OSHO since I don't know much about him. I am just wondering in general...

And yes I have had very powerful glimpses and samadhi moments but still... what if we are missing something.

John is the real deal, despite he dresses like a stoner.

16 minutes ago, egoless said:

What if you become more and more deluded and what if Enlightenment does not exist?

Never chase an idea. 

The chaser is the chased.

16 minutes ago, egoless said:

what if we are missing something.

Considering thought is always partial and never whole see the fact that you ‘the conscious obsever’ or ‘thought/ego’ is always missing something. 

All the questions you ask are the result of past answers past down through the stream of thought. 

If there is no accumulation of possibilities ‘answers’ there is no need for the questions therefore no conflict between the question of am I enlightened and ‘how’ can I become enlightened.

Edited by Faceless

I WANT TO GO LEOS ASHRAM IN LAS VEGAS AND SIT AT HIS FEET:x

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I WANT TO GO LEOS ASHRAM IN LAS VEGAS AND SIT AT HIS FEET:x

Lmao!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Richard Alpert said:

I know two great, currently alive teachers (not mainstream, but not unknown either).

the other one drinks energy drinks all the time, the other one smokes cigs/pipe.

Both of them have said that the habit will drop when it drops. and they are fine if it does not drop.

They dont care, they dont beat themselves over their "bad" habit like "normal" people do.

Habit is a reaction to a certain action ‘movement of thought’

To say the habit will drop off or perhaps it won’t is a copout. This is Not bad or good but it is what it is. 

The habit ‘action’ wasn’t an action without reaction on the part of ‘self’...The habit didn’t arise out of know where. It was the result of thought in reaction to its own movement.

All habits are the result of attachment to repeat that sensation/identifation over and over again ‘pleasure’ ... the self seeking ‘pleasure’ and the other side of that same movement ,  ‘pain and conflict’ , brings about a perminence and validity to the ego. Pain and pleasure are one and the same. Seeking pleasure is the same as seeking pain. Saying what ever happens happens in that sense is obviously then just a movment to sustain permanence to the sense of ego. 

Again, This movement of pleasure ‘habit’ is a product of reaction through identification to that pleasure. Without the self and pleasure which are the same there is no habit at all. 

To say a certain habit will end on its own accord implies the self didn’t create that very problem in the first place. Which is false. 

To say this habit will end on its own is simply procrastination. Simply needs to be a perception of the movement itself without the distortion of ego/thought interfering with action.

And why would one beat themselves up over somthing they instigated anyways??‍♂️

Never the less I don’t condemn habits, pleasure, and so on. Just calling it like I see it. ?

party on dudes!! ?

Edited by Faceless

There's contradiction at all between being enlightened and being an alcoholic.

You can do both, and more!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Has nothing to do with ideas of enlightenment. 

Im talking about what actully happens in thought/ego..Whether one accepts it or not doesn’t matter. It is what it is. 

As far as one who thinks there enlightened I would say that embodiment expressed through the unbound action of liberation implies an ability to not be caught in the mechanical movement of pleasure. Because in this state of liberation time ‘psychological becoming’ would not influence being or complete action. 

Athough one may still participate and induldge in various activities/substances and such, they would not be bound by urges to repeat such pleasures in order to maintain equinimity. They could have a drink without ever being caught in the movment of pleasure. They would be able to see pleasure as it arose and cut it at its root instantly. This is action that is whole. An action free of the bias/prejudice of the ego/thought. 

Although this is easier said than done, it is absolutly possible. And this is what separates one who has all the necessary knowledge of “enlightenment” and one who actually embodies and expressses that actully in ones daily life. 

Properties of a ,,false prophet:"

1. emphesizing of self promotion, 2. popularity 3. they dont listen to ,,other opinions" they very rarly admit that they are wrong 4. false miracles and lies about superpowrs 5. they are materijalsts!!!! and gready

Here is also a Jesus qoute:

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16“You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17“So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18“A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20“So then, you will know them by their fruits.   -   this can be also explained very easily, how much health treiners (personal trainer in the gym) have clients that manage to lose fat, what diet is giving results, and you see witch trainer is credibile and good, and witch is not... you can see that also in technology, witch camera makes good photos and witch ones makes crappy ones...

Show me oshos fruits?????? show me his happy, fullfiled, enlightened followers? (who are, if possible, not littlary his cult followers who gave his life to the person osho, even them, how are they doing? )

I even think that Enlightened people could be more prone to become alcoholics or obese for example, because they are so detached from normal life that they keep those unhealthy habits as anchors to keep their bodies alive, to have at least one physical desire.

Just a crazy idea.

@How to be wise

an addict can’t stop his addiction even though they usually want to. If this guy was enlightened, he didn’t even want to stop drinking. Becoming enlightened makes you care less about the body. 

Not very "wise" though is it.

Is it no coincidence you posted about (if I understand correctly) believing you are in a good position, even when your life is shit. It's not the kind of enlightenment I seek.

Edited by Neo

2 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I even think that Enlightened people could be more prone to become alcoholics or obese for example, because they are so detached from normal life that they keep those unhealthy habits as anchors to keep their bodies alive, to have at least one physical desire.

Just a crazy idea.

Look at the life of Jesus, budha, Rupert Spira, Mooji, evan osho, and then look at those Enlightened people that become fat and alcoholics, they are much more likely to be guys from this forum or the ones who get it from drugs. In general I think that those people, who really did experienced those Enlightened staged, are not Enlightened people, those are ,,normal" people who experienced Enlightened stages, (and maybe not fully) and got depressed or depersonalized. Thats not it. There was more to go and they didnt make it. Evan oshos talks about the individual person, how beautiful that is, and that we should be who we are, and not trying to become something (like an Enlightened ,,person)... Maybe we didnt understand this path all the way, many stoped on those no self experiences... Also Leo talks how Enlightened people are compasionate, hawe extraordinary lifes, big lfe purposes and so on...

24 minutes ago, Dino D said:

1. emphesizing of self promotion, 2. popularity 3. they dont listen to ,,other opinions" they very rarly admit that they are wrong 4. false miracles and lies about superpowrs 5. they are materijalsts!!!! and gready

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16“You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17“So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18“A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20“So then, you will know them by their fruits.   -   this can be also explained very easily, how much health treiners (personal trainer in the gym) have clients that manage to lose fat, what diet is giving results, and you see witch trainer is credibile and good, and witch is not... you can see that also in technology, witch camera makes good photos and witch ones makes crappy ones...

Show me oshos fruits?????? show me his happy, fullfiled, enlightened followers? (who are, if possible, not littlary his cult followers who gave his life to the person osho, even them, how are they doing? )

To me all prophets are false because there’s really nothing to be taught. 

Teachings ‘answers’ imply ‘questions’ and choosing between ‘duality’ implies conflict and problems. 

Thought creates problems and tries to use thought to solve those very problems. 

The very asking of a question is the result of a past answer. Knowledge that has been considered in the past creates this impulse to ask certain questions. 

To see that thought creates all problems and that problems dont really exist outside of thought is wisdom.

Therefore no need for the falsness of a prophet at all huh. 

lol 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

To me all prophets are false because there’s really nothing to be taught. 

Teachings ‘answers’ imply ‘questions’ and choosing between ‘duality’ implies conflict and problems. 

Thought creates problems and tries to use thought to solve those very problems. 

The very asking of a question is the result of a past answer. Knowledge that has been considered in the past creates this impulse to ask certain questions. 

To see that thought creates all problems and that problems doesn’t really exist is wisdom. Therefore nk need for the falsness of a prophet at all huh. 

lol 

1. nothing to be taught- they is no need to teach me to eat, to walk, there is no need to know that a gun can kill your kid, that i should not rape your wife or kid... That what you said is a not practical non dual phyloshophy and maybe evan dogma. The top non dual teacher dont teach such ,,al life negleting stuff" and nothing to do ,, phyloshophy" I mean if you really mean that there is littelary nothing to be taught, youre probablly wrong... 

Life relativisim, moral relativism, and neglecting everything and every meaning or doing and everthing at all, with that ,,knowing" that nothing is apsolutely true, is right and true only in a phyloshophycal theory, not in reality, or apsolut reality, or in this illusion in withch we exist, enyoj and suffer. We probablly very really, or very illusionary (look at a perspective witch you want) need knowledge, we have a lot to be taught, there exist or apper to exist thousends of questions and answers and so on... Quoting authoritys is not really a prove, but lets say that the ,,biggest non dual stars" also said so ...

One more time, If i know i dont exist,  there’s really nothing to be taught, and everything else what you said. I still will not (and this woluld be wrong) shit my pants, eat that shit, go take a gun and kill your kid, and then eat it, and make you watch all of this, and then cut of my leg... sorry for the extreme stuppid example for proving that we haw to be tought many things. sorry but sometis those examples work the best...

We loose touch to much ,,with" being real, we take that no self experience or other meditativ states and appy it falsly to ,,real life" (us normal peple call real life) and at the end, we the non dualist end up deluded, but by doing that we sound smart and wise, and because we sound so, we belive thats it, and all to know and to do... but this is probably wrong, if not, the shiting pants story can start ;)

33 minutes ago, Dino D said:

nothing to be taught- they is no need to teach me to eat, to walk, there is no need to know that a gun can kill your kid, that i should not rape your wife or kid

Well I was speaking more about there is nothing to be taught as far as maintaining psychological well being. 

No dogma no physiological jive that needs to be accumulated to simply be right?

And be carful for non dual philosophy for it is the result of duality and the limited stream of thought. 

All one can truly know through direct experience is duality ‘the known’ 

Non duality can not be experienced. 

Non duality is when you from the perspective of ego ‘thought’ is not. 

Isnt it all very interesting?

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Well I was speaking more about there is nothing to be taught as far as maintaining psychological well being. 

No dogma no physiological jive that needs to be accumulated to simply be right?

And be carful for non dual philosophy for it is the result of duality and the limited stream of thought. 

All one can truly know through direct experience is duality ‘the know’

Non duality can not be experienced. 

Non duality is when you from the perspective of ego ‘thought’ is not. 

Isnt it all very interesting?

Yes, I didnt really experienced it ( I had one glimpse for 3 seconds two years ago, but its not really worth mentioning) and a lot of reading and youtube :D also forums... However of course I dont understand non duality for real, for now I'm just being critical, sceptic, and whats big for me: logical AND PRACTICAL, and there when I go deeper, i find many things/answers that dont make sense at all, that arent logical, practical, or cant be proven with facts/science at all, or that can evan be misproven for just bad and wrong anallogys. And when I point to those things very scepticly and clearly, I dont get an answer, or I get a cocky on, or a non dual/dogmatic one... 

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

Be ware of confusing being enlightened with being a good human being or being a good teacher. These are all very different things.

What you are talking about is the ideal of sainthood, which is WAY beyond enlightenment.

You can be enlightened and not teach a single person.

You can be enlightened and kill a human being with a fork and then eat him for breakfast.

Those things are indepedent variables. Of course that doesn't make sense to you if you define enlightenment as saintliness.

Osho's fruits are quite clearly on display in his writings.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, egoless said:

This is why I sometimes get skeptical about all this process... What if you become more and more deluded and what if Enlightenment does not exist? What if we are all wrong? What if some people are just using this concept to mislead people and get material gains. I am not speaking about OSHO since I don't know much about him. I am just wondering in general...

No one can assure you enlightenment exists, though you can meet people who've claimed to have awakened and speak/be with them (and experience glimpses of their state), and that's the best evidence you can get.

However, we can know what un-enlightenment is, and there are degrees of it: being identified with beliefs, thought, and body, which we know can diminish (so it can end completely), and unenligthenment is constantly thinking, which can stop as well.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Be ware of confusing being enlightened with being a good human being or being a good teacher. These are all very different things.

What you are talking about is the ideal of sainthood, which is WAY beyond enlightenment.

You can be enlightened and not teach a single person.

You can be enlightened and kill a human being with a fork and then eat him for breakfast.

Those things are indepedent variables. Of course that doesn't make sense to you if you define enlightenment as saintliness.

Osho's fruits are quite clearly on display in his writings.

You gave and logical answer, but i dont agree, here is why. First we have to be precise, because it gets tricky and more complex (because you gave a great answer that is still false from my sceptic perspectiv)

Lets assume that Jesus quoute is right (yes, its a starting assumption, but its logical, lets just do it that way)... So, its ok in orther to prove something right to ask for they fruits. you agreed in a way an said that oshos writing is his fruit.

Oshos writing sounds very clear and impressive, and its probably a good writing with much truth in it, but at the end maybe we still can conclude that his writing is wrong and that he is a kind of a fraud that has no real fruits behind him. To conclude that his writing is a realible fruit, thats whats wrong. A good nutritionist, with strong arguments can write a diet (a fruit) whitch cant help one human being to loose fat (lets imagine the diet is in a nutshel a diet from 10000 calories of iceream a day)... so this nutritionist would be a false prohpet... I think you need stronger arguments to prove the credibility of Osho.

You can be enlightened and kill a human being with a fork and then eat him for breakfast.- maybe yes, but maybe thats an assumption... It seams that enlightened people are in general good people (with good its almost saint like good), how many exceptions do you know?

If we can conclude that as a general rule enlightened people are good people, and also not materialist, then someone who is bad, a meterialist, alcoholic and so on, is probably not enlightened, and thats why we could be sceptic to OSHO. Of course, many assumptions here...

If not, if really being enlightened has nothing to to with being a good person, WE HAVE ALWAYS TO POINT IT TOGETHER WITH SAINTHOOD or BEING A GOOD PERSON. So enlightement its like a gun, we have to teach people the responsibility with enlightement because it could backfire and relativize the norms and forces that hold back some people of killing and being bad*