Stef

What Is A Healthy Breakfast?

43 posts in this topic

I often hear breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That it should keep you energetic and nourished for a few hours but at the same time it shouldn't be too heavy. However in our current lifestyles it often gets overlooked.

What is your ideal breakfast? Any recommendations? I'm currently switching to fruits.

I drink a raw green organic smoothy every morning. I feel amazing and it keeps me fill for awhile!

Fruits and vegetables, there is basically nothing wrong with that. If you want to have energy for a few hours more, then you might also eat some more complex carbohydrates in form of whole grains. If you usually don't need that much calories, well in that case you might go a little easier on the fruits, as they contain easy sugars that taste delicious and might keep your blood sugar high (munchies) if eaten too much. If you need a little more calories then others, well some oat flakes with joghurt (+honey) might be alright. Maybe a piece of whole grain bread with some olive oil.

To skip it, try intermittent fasting! It's productive, east and gives you great mental clarity! I drink two cups of green tea during my fast and break it somewhere just after lunch :)

I've recently start a morning routine so I'm improving my breakfast... with smoothies... And man trust me, they are THE breakfast. Easy to make -you just pur healthy stuff in the blender, I was amazed that I could put A LOT of SPINACH or ZUCCHINI with apple or banana and it will still taste amazingly good- and great results -I feel so much healthy and light than before-. 

I've recently even started to drink lemon with warm water every day as my first thing... but I don't know if it's a good thing to do every single day... you guys have suggestions or studies that prove that doing it every day doesn't corrode my stomach :P? Thaaannks :)

Cottage cheese mixed with honey and yogurt. You should have it in Italy :)

dom_tvorog.jpg

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I usually have a bowl of lightly sweetened oatmeal with a couple pieces of fruit.  Some combination of: bananas, apples, strawberries blueberries and oranges.

And lots of water!

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

Kousmine-Budwig Cream

My "breakfast":

1 tps Turmeric

1 Tsp Raw unsweetened Cocoa

1 Tsp Raw Honey

1 Tsp Raw Coconut Oil

pinch of cayenne pepper

all in 200ml of almond or rice milk. 

Enjoy :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Neuroticon Hei. I know that fruits should not be eaten on empty stomach, because they are acid. I actually had gastro intestinal reflux due to fruit shakes on empty stomach.

I think in the morning eggs are great and vegetable smoothie. I'll try this myself.

Edited by Irina Irina

I have a smoothie with banana, pear, plum, oatmeal, ground flax seeds, dessicated coconut, soya milk, and water. Hits the spot, loads of energy, and no animals harmed in the process! I used to have a big energy problem and a lot of experimentation proved the above to be the best combo (for me) :)

What is "healthy" breakfast? Is there such a thing? If your goal is to lose fatt hen skipping breakfast would be the best. You can save those calories for later and be more satisfied when you have your first meal.

In general i think there are enough healthy breakfasts.

But also skipping breakfast could be healthy (IF).

It all depends on the situation; someone who's chronically lacking nutrients i would suggest to eat a nutricious breakfast over intermittent fasting for example.

9 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

If your goal is to lose fatt hen skipping breakfast would be the best. You can save those calories for later and be more satisfied when you have your first meal.

But you won't lose fat if you skip breakfast and than go wild on carbs.

Instead, a couple of high quality eggs in the morning will make you feel full for a great time.. Plus it doesn't spike your insulin levels which is critical in losing weight.

Like Leo said fruits are excellent in the mourning.

Eggs fried in a lot of butter (with a strip of bacon every now and then) or Oatmeal.

To the day to day mortals, a ''healthy breakfast'' should be a meal that includes 40-60 grams of medium glycemic carbs. You will get stable energy rise and no insulin spike. Sources of med glycemic carbs can be : whole grain oath, bananas, apples, brown rice ect. Its best to go for foods that are around 70, on the GI index. That's one way, the lazy one. 

The other one is to have a balanced micro/macro nutrient  meal that will contain good amount of carbs/protein and fats, and feed your body with energy, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fiber and all the other stuff your body needs. Just eat some eggs with whole wheat bread, to make it simpler :P 

And if you are working out and are not mortal and if you have a specific goal: to loose fat, lose water, gain muscle, maintain ..it is quite a different story. In that case you will have to eat strategically. And that is a long story that takes a lot of things into consideration.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

should I take dark chocolate with green tea?

On 3/11/2016 at 8:22 AM, cirkussmile said:

What is "healthy" breakfast? Is there such a thing? If your goal is to lose fatt hen skipping breakfast would be the best. You can save those calories for later and be more satisfied when you have your first meal.

Skipping meals is never the way to lose weight.