Stef

What Is A Healthy Breakfast?

43 posts in this topic

On 04/03/2017 at 5:10 AM, Voyager said:

@Stef I personally do high fat, high protein breakfast. It keeps me in a state of ketosis, meaning that i'm still in fasting mode. This keeps my blood sugar, and insulin levels down. ATP (cell energy) production is higher in this metabolic state, than if you ate a load of fruit in the morning and gave your pancreas and poor liver a heart attack. I do also thoroughly enjoy a green juice minus the fruit. 

Could you tell us what exactly do you eat for breakfast then?

I don't really consume breakfast anymore as my body has adapted to a more fasted state and i generally feel better mentally/emotionally/physically and energetically this way but when i do there's nothing that makes me feel better than fruits or a fruit/veggie smoothie of some sort.

Sometimes the occasional craving of scrambled egg, spinach and feta cheese arises or millet porridge with chia seeds and berries but that's about it. I usually eat after noon and breakfast being the most important meal of the day is completely backwards and not accurate. Follow your own body.

B R E A T H E

@ElenaO @Stef I personally do high fat, high protein breakfast. It keeps me in a state of ketosis, meaning that i'm still in fasting mode. This keeps my blood sugar, and insulin levels down. ATP (cell energy) production is higher in this metabolic state, than if you ate a load of fruit in the morning and gave your pancreas and poor liver a heart attack. I do also thoroughly enjoy a green juice minus the fruit. 

I usually eat the same thing, or a variation of the same thing, everyday. Either a vegetable 3 Egg omlette or 3 eggs and vegetables :D

Typically always with Wilted spinach, mushrooms, a few cherry tomatos, and other vegetables I can find. Always cooked in a lot of butter! Sometimes to spice it up:  Avocados, Goat cheese, Smoked Salmon, Walnuts etc 

I also eat fermented foods every morning. Sauerkraut or Kimchi.  Healthy gut microbiome is more important than what you eat, in fact, it's really just what you eat that changes your microbiome which changes whether your sick or healthy and fat or thin! check out the studies where they feed rats the same diet, but they change the microbiome of the rats. The ones with the unhealthy bacteria get obese and the other ones weights don't change!