Charlotte

How to help little people actualize?

15 posts in this topic

I have a young family member, 3 years old. I'm very close to her. 

I can see her slowly but surely developing her identity. Blaming external circumstances for her emotions. 

Today she was watching YouTube and became frightened when a cartoon character appeared on screen. She lent back into me in fear and I asked her why she was frightened? She pointed to the cartoon character. I said "how is that going to hurt you when it's on a screen? (I tapped the screen) It's pretend isn't it?" She nodded, "the only thing that can hurt you is yourself" (I know this a bit forward for a 3 year old but I was intrigued to hear her reply and she's quite mature).

She looked at me in confusion and said "I can't hurt myself!" I said "if that's pretend and you know it's pretend then who's making you frightened?" She looked at me with the most flabbergasted face I'd ever seen in a 3 year old, she went quiet for 5 minutes. 

I could of swore I just helped that child have the smallest insight she's ever received for her tiny mind ?

Question?

How would you slowly but surely help self develop a child? 

In what way could you do it so they understand?

Edited by Charlotte
Grammar errors

Hahah that’s absolutely awesome!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

When she say "I can't hurt myself" she is absolutely right!

Very interesting topic.

Yeah, I've often wondered if I'd had a child if I would try to teach them things like this as early as possible.  They understand more at that age than they let on, especially if you word it right. 

that was cool :) good job!

You can start positive affirmations from as early as 3 and ask  questions which promote mindfulness... practise keeping calm through deep breathing and simple yoga stretches... and just being still.... all done in an imaginative and fun way! Talk to her about negative feelings, when she has them and describe them as monsters... we all have an ‘angry monster’ or a ‘panic monster’ or a ‘sad monster..’. they come and go but we don’t need to be afraid of them.... they really are quite harmless once we know what they’re about.  She could draw them, give them a name and a smell and describe how she feels in her body when they arrive. This will help her manage strong negative emotions as she gets older. I have lots of practical tips for all ages as I have just started running classes... love this topic :-) 

12 minutes ago, Seed said:

You can start positive affirmations from as early as 3 and ask  questions which promote mindfulness... practise keeping calm through deep breathing and simple yoga stretches... and just being still.... all done in an imaginative and fun way! Talk to her about negative feelings, when she has them and describe them as monsters... we all have an ‘angry monster’ or a ‘panic monster’ or a ‘sad monster..’. they come and go but we don’t need to be afraid of them.... they really are quite harmless once we know what they’re about.  She could draw them, give them a name and a smell and describe how she feels in her body when they arrive. This will help her manage strong negative emotions as she gets older. I have lots of practical tips for all ages as I have just started running classes... love this topic :-) 

This is the kind of things we should teach to our children, not who killed who 100 years ago.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

56 minutes ago, Seed said:

Beautiful thing you are doing. Where can I follow you?

13 hours ago, starsofclay said:

Yeah, I've often wondered if I'd had a child if I would try to teach them things like this as early as possible.  They understand more at that age than they let on, especially if you word it right. 

that was cool :) good job!

I@Charlotte

(Ignore my name⬆️)

I definitely would, they'd be meditating by the age of 4 ?

Yeah I agree, I'm also teaching her deep breathing when she becomes emotional. 

Thank you :)

12 hours ago, Seed said:

Awesome information! Thank you! I'm going to talk to her mum about what you've mentioned and the hopefully she will be on board to :)

Do you know anywhere were I might find some more in depth information about this topic?

Well done on the classes, I wish you all the luck in the word ♥️

12 hours ago, Shin said:

This is the kind of things we should teach to our children, not who killed who 100 years ago.

?

This might help:

I'm also interested in this. Both my brother and my sister have children that I would like to help and give positive influences to. I don't meet them all the time though, so the only thing I'm doing currently is trying to show a good example, be authentic and let them know what I'm doing. We meditated together once, but they thought it was boring and stopped after like 30 seconds xD

Edited by Maxi

Get good at the Socratic Method. It's the best way to teach people.

And also, be a role model of consciousness behavior. Embody consciousness and truth.

Monkey see, monkey do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. And the ego-center is one’s center. That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference. When you are not there the center is there but that is not your center, it is the center of the whole. When you are there you have a center - a false, pseudo center, which is not the center of the whole, and until it is the center of the whole don’t be contented with it. Because you are in a dream, you are not in reality. And we have become so accustomed to dream that we have completely forgotten what is reality and what is a dream. In the Eastern psychology we treat the reality as a dream. In the Western psychology they treat dreams as reality. That’s why Freud, Jung, Adler and the whole company, they all go on interpreting, analyzing dreams to understand your reality. Dreams - so significant! In the East we have never interpreted dreams, we have never bothered about it. Rather, we say the whole reality is a dream, a maya, illusion. But there is a temptation to take a dream as real. It happened, Mulla Nasruddin once dreamed in his sleep that he was frying cowdung. He was very disturbed. Of course anybody would be. In the morning he went to a soothsayer, an interpreter of dreams, and he said, “I am very much worried! You tell me the meaning of it.” But the soothsayer said: “My fee is one rupee. Give me one rupee and I will interpret it.” Mulla Nasruddin jumped and said, “You fool! If I had one rupee should I fry dung? I would go to the market, buy fish and fry that!” There is a tendency to take dreams as part of reality; then your whole reality becomes dream. Western psychology and the Western mind itself takes dreams as real. It is a very childish attitude. I call it childish because children do the same. Children never make any distinction between dreams and reality. A child wakes up in the morning crying and weeping. You ask him, “What is the matter?” and he says, “I had a toy just now, where has it gone?” He was dreaming about a toy, now he is awake and the dream toy has disappeared and he is crying and weeping - he wants that toy back. He cannot make the distinction. The dream seems to be real. Western psychology is dominated too much by the childish mind. Eastern psychology is dominated by the old, the mature, the wise mind. A child thinks the dream is real, a wise old man thinks the reality is dream. The whole reality is a dream. One has to wake up. If you can wake up for a single moment - feel grateful. And more moments will be coming and following. Don’t get frustrated.

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

no no no you learn from the child not the other way around :P

B R E A T H E

48 minutes ago, pluto said:

no no no you learn from the child not the other way around :P

Nice!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Leo quoting someone and just saying nice ?

Who the fuck are you ?

xD

Don't answer no one or me :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them