Vintus

Experiences with/on psychedelics?

21 posts in this topic

So, I've done plenty of research on psychedelics like Shrooms, LSD and DMT, but not taken any of them yet. I've only done your basic pot, nothing truly exciting, although provides more abstract bizarre thoughts imo.

I've got easy access to them and during time-off I'll definitely try them.

I am curious about other peoples experiences, so I thought I'd get your guys views.

What did your unconscious cough up during your trips?

How far did your experience(s) impact your waking life?

Have you taken them while meditating?

What other psychedelics have you taken?

As a psychedelic virgin, can I take them without a trip sitter?

Only have experience with shrooms.

my first time with two grams i had but for sure didn't need a trip sitter. Nothing much came up, I did it mostly recreationally. 

I wouldn't go higher than 3g without a tripsitter for the first time, and even that's pushing it. It depends on where you're at, level of emotional maturity awareness, etc. 

They are amazing to take while meditating.

I've had profound insights

And i've tricked myself, doing self inquiry on them I thought I was getting somewhere but I was just saying who am i over and over again and giggling without even thinking what it meant. 

15 minutes ago, TripleNipple said:

I was just saying who am i over and over again

Is this self inquiry? 

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Is this self inquiry? 

I had the goal of doing self inquiry, but ended up doing that because I was on a very large dose of shrooms and forgot all about what self inquiry and enlightenment are

3 minutes ago, TripleNipple said:

I had the goal of doing self inquiry, but ended up doing that because I was on a very large dose of shrooms and forgot all about what self inquiry and enlightenment are

Oh lol

I got great help from all of these:

1.  Changa

2.  LSD

3.  Psilocybin Mushrooms

4.  Salvia Divinorum

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@TripleNipple

See, I wouldn't mind doing shrooms first, but I've been told with LSD you can somewhat steer your mind so to speak, while shrooms you're off in wonderland, no chance am I doing a heroic dose the first time for sure. Both still sound fun though.

When I smoked pot for personal development, I'd take notes of some of my thoughts, then read them the next day thinking what was the fuck was going on about.

I recently tried lsd.It was not like I imagined.It changes the way you perceive your self, I had weird feelings about myself.I describe the experience as something different, something you have never felt again in your life, it was a feeling.There was distortion like elasticity...movement in the sense of vision.The colors where brighter and some changes in the size of objects I was able to handle the trip alone no problem.You are conscious that you are on the drug or that you are alone, locked in your house, knowing what you are doing.Start by little.For example take half of the blotter if you want to start with lsd.Check how much time takes to kick in and when it starts to peak.The second time if you aren't satisfied with the half dose take a little bit more and wait until the time it starts showing the effects.If it's weak take more within one and a half hour.Keep in mind that day by day use your tolerance to the substance increases and you need more and more to have the same intensity trip as before.Lsd is not something crazy in normal doses don't worry you are not going mad unless you start with 2 strong blotters xaxa, but that's not a rule everybody is different.Try to check if it's original lsd, not other substance(nbome or other stuff).In higher doses it will be you that will discover how it feels.Nobody can fully describe it it's an experience of altered perception.good luck

Edited by Crystalous

@Vintus  haha i do the same with pot when i use it

don't worry too much about which one you can control more, trying to control either, or setting expectations are both the wrong way to go.

It doesn't matter if you do acid shrooms mescaline or fucking ayahuasca the first time, just start with a relatively low dose with good set and setting.

@Vintus It’s unimaginable. There’s what you see with your eyes, which you can think about, and you can be aware of that thinking, you can even just be being which is awareness without thought, but you can’t soberly imagine a psychedelic trip. 

Start small, if you do shrooms, make tea and start with .5g (dried shroom) or maybe 1g. 

The psychedelic isn’t the focal part though, the integration is. It’s not about the trip, it’s about reality and your life. Psychedelics will show you more about your life than you can imagine right now. That’s how ‘big’. 

IMO, a foundation of honesty, healthy diet, meditation, and exercise should be in place for a month or two before trying a psychedelic. I’m an over preparer though, but I never had a ‘bad trip’ either. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Vintus said:

@TripleNipple

See, I wouldn't mind doing shrooms first, but I've been told with LSD you can somewhat steer your mind so to speak, while shrooms you're off in wonderland, no chance am I doing a heroic dose the first time for sure. Both still sound fun though.

When I smoked pot for personal development, I'd take notes of some of my thoughts, then read them the next day thinking what was the fuck was going on about.

Lol, I wrote notes also while on pot and it sounded so weird the next day. On the other hand, when I paint while on pot, it looks really deep and interesting. I guess what you feel is not really explainable by words, unless you are talking to someone as high as you are. In that sense, analyzing and going deep in any field you are interested in, is amazing. 

In my experience for mushrooms; it depends which kind you take. First time I used in Amsterdam they gave us this book which was explaining which kind has more visual, deep thinking, laughing or sounds, etc. The giggling one is kinda nice in the beginning but I suggest more visual ones. Doing meditation while on mushrooms is really nice especially if you have a strong imagination. 

For LSD; in my experience it made everything (emotions, experiences, interactions etc) more intense and made me obsessed about finishing what ever I started doing. The trips are usually really long  and a bit tiring at the end unless I boost them up by pot. I think they are a bit more advanced compared to mushrooms and pot.  

For MDMA; I didn't take a strong dose but feels more like the calmness you get after a satisfying meditation session. Great for chilling and observing the world deeply and playing focus games. 

Some experiences i have had:

• Physical body disappeared
  • Awakening
  • Was physically at two places at once
  • Visited my subconscious (was greeted by an authority figure that told me to fuck off, had no business being there) 
  • Hallucinated dead bodies everywhere
  • Hallucinated that witches were crawling to get me
  • Multiple super intense and long meditation/self inquiry sessions thst blew my mind right out the window

Without psychedelics my sense of materialism and a physical world would be much much more overpowering than it is now. They have also helped me overcome multiple emotional and intellectual blocks, reveal my underlying paradigms and generally expanded my sense of what is possible and what is the nature of consciousness and reality. Also I am gaining a better sense of the limitations of psychedelics as I progress with my endeavours. 

I consider waking normal life to be a time of contemplation, integration and refueling for the next trip, wich are necessary if you want to get as much juice out of your trips as possible. Tripping too frequently drasticly affects the value of tripping. 

I have ao far only experimented qith mushrooms and lsd. Heres what I think of them:

I love mushrooms. They represent everything that i love about the power of psychedelics. They can mindfuck you so hard that you just have to collapse under the weight and humility that they teach you. Golded teachers indeed. Taking them literally feels like rebooting your brain or mind, you have to recollect everything you know and think you know afterwards. They can be beautyful, tender, gentle, funny and insightfull, or downright hellish and punishing. It all depends on how you live your life. Theres a deep deep wisdom in everyone, that the mushroom digs up and reveals to you. If you are not sufficiently aligned with this wisdom, you will suffer for it. But thats a huge opportunity for growth. 

Lsd takes a katana of consciousness and slices the present moment like a razorblade on steroids. Its easy for me to completely immerse myself to the now on it, and this,  I think, is the greatest unqiue property of lsd. I dont get quite the same effect on shrooms, not even close. Lsd is also the dot connecting psychedelic, very intellectual. This is also its downfall for me, I dont experience too much growth or powerfull introspection from it. I tend to turn outwards instead. This has it benefits of course, but I would choose shrooms over lsd every time. Lsd for me is most often not very "spiritual", I dont feel the same magical connectedness to everything as with shrooms. 

Now: do NOT do this at home. Combining shrooms and lsd together is one _insane_ combo. Imagine turning inward with the focus of a supercharged lazerbeam, slicing and cutting through your essence.  Thats pretty much how it feels. It combines the best peoperties of both substances, but of course, by doing this you open up a possibility for a nightmare trip of a lifetime. I don't recommend this combo, I just share my experiences with it. 

Ps. Mdma feels good in your body? pfffffft try a high dose of shrooms. Shrooms >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mdma. And yeah you see nice visuals with psychedelics, they are always great :) many beginners can get trapped in them though, you can totally loose yourself for hours just staring at stuff. 

Edited by molosku

9 hours ago, frnsh said:

made me obsessed about finishing what ever I started doing.

I hope it'll have the same effect on me so I can finally get my essays out of the way lol. I have easier access to pure LSD, so no doubt I'll do that first.

Amsterdam is a place I plan on going to either this summer or next, seems a lot more relaxed there from what I've heard, I wonder why lol.

6 hours ago, molosku said:

Lsd is also the dot connecting psychedelic

I connect the dots pretty well already, so once I've integrated my experience life will seem more abstract than it already is. Really looking forward to tripping. ^_^

I take Lion's Mane mushroom extract and that works pretty well for 'connecting the dots', connecting different regions of the brain, non-psychoactive psilocybin mushrooms in a sense. They give me some outright vivid dreams too, I recommend them. 

I have had my most potent awakenings on psychedelics. All of them felt at the time as full enlightenment of the Truth, but none of them stuck past the trip. After a while it seems like a crutch to keep taking them.

On the plus side, those experiences have helped me navigate my meditations in sober consciousness a great deal. I no longer need methods provided by teachers or formal practices, I can instead take a very direct and personal approach through following what I followed during those trips to reach the highest states.

6 hours ago, MarkusR said:

I no longer need methods provided by teachers or formal practices, I can instead take a very direct and personal approach through following what I followed during those trips to reach the highest states.

That's one of the coolest things about psychedelics. They are the best guru. They can show you things that no other guru could.

If Buddha or Jesus was ground up into powdered form, he'd be 5-MeO-DMT ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 6.3.2018 at 11:18 PM, Vintus said:

What did your unconscious cough up during your trips?

Basically a huge amount of childhood trauma, painful emotions during everyday life, more or less painful emotional reactions i haven't been aware of during everyday life and some stupid beliefs about me and reality. - These purging trips can feel like what I would imagine hell to feel like and they are very exhausting for the body(panic attacks, shivering, sweating), yet they are so much worth it - THOUSANDFOLD

How far did your experience(s) impact your waking life?

My suffering is reduced IMMENSELY, by time I can surrender to physical pain that it almost seems unreal to me. I've been quite sociophob, constant anxiety around people in public, most of it is gone -that's fucking freedom, Other neurosis and depression have been reduced by 80%, also 80 % of my addictions completely fell away. More and more I can just be and feel an intense peace.

Have you taken them while meditating?

If you seem to have control, I would suggest to always try to meditate or be mindful. Most of the times I just had to surrender and let the psychedelics aka Gaia lead the show.

As a psychedelic virgin, can I take them without a trip sitter?

The majority of my trips, I tripped alone. My most hellish trips I had to face completely alone and I might even have committed suicide, that's very serious, so I don't know, could have been wiser for me, but differs from person to person of course, I don't feel like I need one in the future. Always start with little dosages and don't overdo your purgings and don't be to brave if you have a lot to purge for this very reason.

All these trips have been supported by the practices, healthy diet and research/learning, understanding about this.

Take psychedelics with an attitude of gratitude and respect.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

5 hours ago, Timotheus said:

My suffering is reduced IMMENSELY

It's crazy how these substances are still illegal, although I'm sure there is progress integrating them into clinical practices for helping people overcome their issues. I respect the tripping alone and then having your unconscious bring up negative stuff, takes balls to work through that and to integrate it properly, at least I think you have integrated it.

I'm pretty high in openness as it is so I'm fairly creative, and people who work through their traumas tend to have a standard deviation higher post-drug-use. If anything I look forward to a bad trip, where I can learn the most.

1 hour ago, Vintus said:

It's crazy how these substances are still illegal, although I'm sure there is progress integrating them into clinical practices for helping people overcome their issues. I respect the tripping alone and then having your unconscious bring up negative stuff, takes balls to work through that and to integrate it properly, at least I think you have integrated it.

I'm pretty high in openness as it is so I'm fairly creative, and people who work through their traumas tend to have a standard deviation higher post-drug-use. If anything I look forward to a bad trip, where I can learn the most.

First experience is probably the most memorable one as your mind is being opened to a new world. From there you get the hang of other drugs also. Try not to be so brave on the amount you are taking, you won't regret it. 

On my first trip which was on pot, I was still going through depression, I cried a lot! It felt sad and beautiful at the same time. 

@frnsh

So I just took LSD and wow. Where to begin? 9 hours in. The euphoric feeling was crazy, feels like I've just been told the ultimate joke that life is just a joke and I'm here for the ride, so enjoy it.

This is certainly an experience hard to explain, I can see why people can hardly articulate it.

Such a brilliant experience, idek.

4 hours ago, Vintus said:

@frnsh

So I just took LSD and wow. Where to begin? 9 hours in. The euphoric feeling was crazy, feels like I've just been told the ultimate joke that life is just a joke and I'm here for the ride, so enjoy it.

This is certainly an experience hard to explain, I can see why people can hardly articulate it.

Such a brilliant experience, idek.

That's really nice :) It just gets better from here.