Shin

There is no you that will become enlightened

29 posts in this topic

Just a simple reminder.

There is no YOU that will become enlightened.
The only thing that stands between YOU and enlightenenment is ... YOU.

There is not a personal self experiencing anything, it's just concepts, beliefs, physical sensations floating around.
It floats around so seamlessly that it is really convincing that YOU exist, but in reality there is no entity there, it's just a sum of all this that gives you this illusion ...

This is what meditation is for, to make you see this.
The thing is, most people only do that in their meditation schedule.

DON'T !

Do it all the time, everywhere, yes it will be awful, yes it will drive you mad, but it's the only way.
Everytime you walk, talk, or do anything that doesn't require you to concentrate that much you should look at your mind, passively, without judging it, letting all the crazy thoughts out.

Now you may think this is basic, that everyone knows that, and everyone knows this with a little research on non-duality, it's true.
Now the thing is, do you know this, or do you KNOW this ?

There is a difference between knowing something conceptually and experientially, in this case it is critical, because otherwise you won't understand deeply what you (the real you) have to do.
You may do it inconsciously, even consciously sometimes, and you will forget A LOT, but in the end it must become a habit, 

What you really have to do, is to deconstruct everything you think is true, including YOU.
Which means that every beliefs, every concepts, every stories (about you too), every memories, every attachements, every identifications have to crumble.
Crumble in the sense that you don't even know if it really is true, if it really happened, or if you are really what you think and feel right now.

You must doubt EVERYTHING

Doubt what happened 10 years ago, 1 year ago, even 5 minutes from now
Doubt what you know about politics, history, people and scientifical facts (even that the earth is round, yes ...)
Doubt what your like and dislike (especially your dislike)
Doubt what you feel, investigate your emotions, they don't mean what you think they do ...

You must doubt there is even a WORLD AROUND YOU !
You must doubt you even exist as a HUMAN BEING !

YOU MUST DOUBT YOU EVEN EXIST AT ALL !

https://www.livereal.com/spiritual/practical-spiritual-experiments/spiritual-autolysis/

“Listen! Here’s all you need to know to become enlightened: Sit down, shut up, and ask yourself what’s true until you know. That’s it.

That’s the whole deal; a complete teaching of enlightenment, a complete practice. If you ever have any questions or problems—no matter what the question or problem is—the answer is always exactly the same: Sit down, shut up, and ask yourself what’s true until you know.

In other words, go jump off a cliff. Don’t go near the cliff and contemplate jumping off.

Don’t read a book about jumping off. Don’t study the art and science of jumping off.
Don’t join a support group for jumping off. Don’t write poems about jumping off.
Don’t kiss the ass of someone else who jumped off.

Just jump.” 

-Jed Mckenna

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

21 minutes ago, Truth said:

25sr3m.jpg

Since 5000 BC.

God is love

And God in them

Example of Spiritual autolysis:

(The point is to as honest as possible, don't write what you think, but what you experience)

I think I'm a human being.

Why do I think I'm human ?
I can move the body of a human.

Can't the body move by itself ?
Yes it  can, while it is afraid or emotional.

Then if it can move by itself, what makes you think you are controlling it now ?
Because I can.

Who can ?
Me.

Who's "me" ?
The person that inhabit this body.

Where do the person inhabit the body ?
Between the eyes.

Are you sure ?
No ...

Why ?
Because there is nothing there ...

So nothing move the body ?
Yes ...

How could nothing write this ?
It just does.

What is "it" ?
I don't know.

Who's the I ?
I DON'T KNOW !

10/10, would rage again  xD

I recommand paper and pen, it works better somehow.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

5 hours ago, Shin said:

There is not a personal self experiencing anything, it's just concepts, beliefs, physical sensations floating around.

5 hours ago, Shin said:

There is a difference between knowing something conceptually and experientially, in this case it is critical, because otherwise you won't understand deeply what you (the real you) have to do.

You'll be aware of the Dream experiencing Enlightenment.  Awareness is just awareness.  All it does is awareness.  And it never changes.  Awareness is the one thing that never changes.  Have you noticed that?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There lies some sneaky sneaky traps and subtlety here, language is a bitch.

By asking "who am I" or any variation of that (who is aware) etc. you create the I that you know does not exist. The question IS the device that creates the illusion. Asking the question gives reality to the meta assumption of the I and me. Asking the question creates the tail that you then chase. Its like "yes, I admit there is an I that I can investigate, so now I investigate the I" but what is the I that the question asks about? A mere thought. It's not even a consept yet, its a mental sound until you start to define the I, then it becomes a consept too. 

Early on your self inquiry practise the question seems to help, and it does, and its helpfull to return to questions no matter how developed you are. Its like crawling from the shit ocean to the shit island, in a way :D But you want to trancend this dream. Its a shit dream anyway. 

There arises a need to redefine the word I or me, if one insists using it. This is why deepest self-inquiry is non-verbal, because there needs to be (or so I believe) a crossing of a border or the gateless gate if you will, into the non verbal where you stop creating the I and fall into being, or existance or what ever you want to call it. The I becomes a legitimate word again, it points now to something beyond the regular definition of me or I in regular language. 

9 hours ago, Shin said:

Why do I think I'm human ?
I can move the body of a human

Hoo, there's a lot to dig into just in this question and answer.  Don't race past them too quickly - get down into their construction.  "I can move the body of a human" is a conclusion, not an experience - and as you say you want to be writing the truth of your experience. 

I sometimes find it helps to deconstruct what is actually happening by writing without the use of "I" as a personal pronoun. So looking at this question, I might say:

I think I am human because thoughts, backed up by emotions, and reinforced by a consensus from humans seen & heard, insist so. The belief is most readily tied into the body/mind. There is an unbelievably strong belief that "I" move the body. Why? What is the process of the body moving? First, there is stimulus: something seen, heard, felt, thought, etc. This stimulus triggers a reaction: an emotion or a thought. This emotion or thought may trigger other emotions or thoughts, until one of the emotions or thoughts is an impulse that the body should move. Then the body moves. This moment, where there is an impulse that the body should move, and then the body moves, is considered to be the moment of control: where the decision is made by "I" to move, and the body directly capitulates. It appears to be cause and effect. However, this does not always work: sometimes the "I" thought gives the body a command, but the body refuses. Either way, for now the moment of "me controlling the body" has been isolated to the moment between a thought or emotion stimulating a bodily response. Retroactively (or maybe also pre-actively), a separate thought states "I did X" or "I will do X". In doing so, this thought neatly bundles the entire process listed above - multiple thoughts, Emotions, stimuli, and reactions, into one neat little package. One object. "I".

And there's so much more to dig into just coming from that paragraph! Don't let yourself get away with brushing over very important details. And they hide in plain sight. In the last couple of days out struck me that, for all I use the idea of objects and objectivity to help pull things apart, I've not actually firmly established with 100% accuracy what an object "is"!

Dig dig dig... 

@molosku It's tricky as long as you use your mind to seek the answer sure, but the same problem exist in traditional self-inquiry too.

It's even worst in traditional self-inquiry cause you can easily get distracted.

Now this method is probably not ideal for someone who just start because he will get lost in concepts world writting so many things.

God is love

And God in them

I’d also add things that are essential:

1. do the work without desiring enlightenment or thinking about it. 

2. Work is: full surrender of ego, meditation to train to be in no-mind, self-inquiry, removing all kinds ofdesires.

3. If you are not newbie anymore, stop putting emotional effort, instead remove everything and be fully surrendered. 

20 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

Work is: full surrender of ego, meditation to train to be in no-mind, self-inquiry, removing all kinds ofdesires. 

Who has a problem with the mind? Only mind has a problem with the mind ;)

Then theres the classic paradox of desireing to be desireless. Hmm... Who is it who desires to have no mind. Hmm. 

51 minutes ago, molosku said:

Who has a problem with the mind? Only mind has a problem with the mind ;)

Then theres the classic paradox of desireing to be desireless. Hmm... Who is it who desires to have no mind. Hmm. 

Made me laugh so much I almost cried xD

This shit is hard :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@molosku no-mind is no-thoughts that control you. Necessary isn’t it?

No desires is about removing desires, not about desiring to have no desires.

Edited by Monkey-man

9 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

9 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

@molosku no-mind is no-thoughts that control you. Necessary isn’t it?

No desires is about removing desires, not about desiring to have no desires.

The thought "having no thoughts is better than having thoughts and also its necessary for trancending thoughts" is a thought. 

A thought about an subtle entity called thought as a controller of a "you" (which is a thought) is a thought. 

A desire to remove desires is a negatory desire, it's a form of resistance (instead of desires, I WANT to have no desires because desires are a problem). And this too is a thought. 

Who is present when you want some McDonalds, donuts and orgies ? Who is also present when you are in a state of utter nuclear enlightenment? 

Hmm... 

Edited by molosku

@molosku Listen to this guy dudes, he knows B|

(No joke)

f57.jpg

Couldn't resist the DESIRE :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

@molosku Listen to this guy dudes, he knows B|

Ha, thanks man, but I can't honestly say these are my completely original ideas.

Poor quality, but worth the watch (or listen). Thanks to my lovely companion @shamaanitar for sharing.

@molosku yes you are right dude, my point is just another perspective. Many people emotionally desire enlightenment, that doesn't work I think.