WildeChilde

A Stranger/Christian Asks You "Do You Believe in God?"...

34 posts in this topic

@Saumaya Aware this ‘christian’ is me, of course. Unless I wanted to contest myself, which would be ridiculous. 

This reminds me of that picture of a dress that trended a while back. People would swear the dress was white, others black. No self / The Self seems to work like that. One day a person experiences / realizes (whatever today’s word is lol) and they look at that same dress wondering how they ever saw it the way they used to. Same damn dress lol.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you know what you are existentially, and in simple terms you believe in yourself, it’s kind of an easy yes. No?

37 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

?

As Absolute embodied, we have self knowing existentially, or (the way Nahm put it) believe in ourselves.

10 minutes ago, Natasha said:

As Absolute embodied, we have self knowing existentially, or (the way Nahm put it) believe in ourselves.

Ah ok thx, that was downright a riddle

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Casually respond to them: "I am God."

And watch them squirm.

Hehe ;)

P.S. It works best when you're actually conscious that you are God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Well, faith and devotion to God can lead you to enlightenment. Thats not the main purpose of monotheistic religions, but just one step of it, it’s high step but not the highest step. That’s what I would tell him: if you still didn’t experience God even a bit, it means your faith doesn’t yet govern your life 24/7.

Edited by Monkey-man

@Leo Gura xD That made my morning, thank you Leo.

If I said that where I live, I'd be tied to a bed and exorcised.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

13 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

Yes.. I feel hard to understand him sometimes too. But his word usage is different. :) .. I am going to try to learn his language, just for fun. :D,, But I find some similarities in his choice of certain words and the words used by J.Krishnamurti.

Im going to try to learn his language hahaha

It's rarely a non-loaded question to begin with; very few people ask out of genuine inert curiosity. The question usually serves as a door-opener for them to unload their own perspective on you in an effort to either make you believe what they believe, or to make them feel superior to you. We all know that vibe. If that's the vibe I get from someone, I just tell them "yes, I believe in God" in order to diffuse the game. If I think that they honestly want to exchange ontological and philosophical ideas in a non-judgey way, I'll of course play ball and share my beliefs. 

10 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

It's rarely a non-loaded question to begin with; very few people ask out of genuine inert curiosity. The question usually serves as a door-opener for them to unload their own perspective on you in an effort to either make you believe what they believe, or to make them feel superior to you. We all know that vibe. If that's the vibe I get from someone, I just tell them "yes, I believe in God" in order to diffuse the game. If I think that they honestly want to exchange ontological and philosophical ideas in a non-judgey way, I'll of course play ball and share my beliefs. 

Hmm..very good point. If they're fanatic, and even if you are the "same" religion, they will respond with something like, "your beliefs are immature." Even if you say, "Yes, I believe in God," they would want to dig even further. Maybe Leo is right :D saying, "I am God." But then, watch them try to spread some funny rumor. Then, you'll have to say, "Thou shall not gossip (judge) thy neighbour is the first commandment of the bible."

What they're basically asking I think is: Do you believe in my/societys definition of god? Then I would say no.

I only use the word god on this forum because it seems to have a different definition here that I think makes sense.

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018