Patang

free will

83 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

I can never seem to get traction on this "no free will" thing. Take Donald Trump for instance, he wanted to be president of the US for years. The chances of that happening were super slim. He couldn't even get the majority of votes and he is a total political outsider. But somehow he is president of the US now. Elon Musk wanted to put rockets into space someday. He is doing exactly that now. If you want to play an instrument, take lessons and learn to play an instrument. No free will? I don't get it. To me I seems as if this dream reality can manipulate itself through any intention it puts forth. That reality is Thought= Form. I thought of building a house. I learned how to build a house. Now a house stands where no house stood before. How is this?

Could it be that thought isn’t yours. Thought is always old and of the past. And we are conditioned according to thought. Every action we take is on behalf of thought. Desire, choice?? Are we free from those? 

Are we free from desire? 

Is there freedom in having to choose??

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Could it be that thought isn’t yours

@Faceless I realize it isn't. That's why I prefaced the comment with " in this dream reality".:)

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Are you saying our fate is sealed?:o:)

sealed, but not to be seen upfront.

@cetus56 It's impossible for God not to have free will. ;)

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Patang

7 minutes ago, Patang said:

sealed, but not to be seen upfront.

But wouldn't that explain why some can see the future? So they say. Because it is already destine to happen? 

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Faceless I realize it isn't. That's why I prefaced the comment with " in this dream reality".:)

Ah duh ??

The part about not being free from desire and a choice makes sense ? 

@Deep you see, free will means you can choose between different alternatives. god, on the other hand, does not have to choose, he is doing it all.

@cetus56 "Will" does not have to be free for Trump to become the president.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

23 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Patang

But wouldn't that explain why some can see the future? So they say. Because it is already destine to happen?

we already agreed that the future is merely an illusion, so all of those pretend to predict the future, are illusionists. this is the paradox of the inevitability nature of reality. let me explain. the human body develops while in the womb according to plan, and is getting old over the years. how would it looks like in the coming years can only be guessed. however, its aging process in predetermined by plan.

Edited by Patang

Just now, tsuki said:

@cetus56 "Will" does not have to be free for Trump to become the president.

@tsuki Haha It does seem to come with a heavy price.:D

11 minutes ago, Patang said:

@Deep you see, free will means you can choose between different alternatives. god, on the other hand, does not have to choose, he is doing it all.

What do you mean by God?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you mean by God?

Uh oh ?

lets not introduce division into the kingdom of heaven now lol

Edited by Faceless

9 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Haha It does seem to come with a heavy price.:D

@cetus56 His presidency, or the will?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Uh oh ?

lets not introduce division in the kingdom of heaven now lol

You know what God is to me?  It's a word, or a sound if you don't get the visual component.  That's what God is.  Think about it!  Right?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You know what God is to me?  It's a word.

I know...I was joking. I see where your coming from and I agree. I just didn’t want to direct that comment to the other. ?

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I know...I was joking. I see where your coming from and I agree. I just didn’t want to direct that comment to the other. 

I'm joking too -- but not really because what I said is true too haha.

Now -- here's a test.  What's the Absolute?  

Don't let me down Faceless.  Think!  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

I’m surprised people still don’t see the falsness of free will. It’s been mentioned quite a bit but it seems like people just ignore the obviousness of it. 

Edited by Faceless