Patang

free will

83 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you mean by God?

this you have to ask @Deep, he referred to god in his question, and I answered in the context of that reference. for me god is what there is ..... and .... nothing, merely a concept...

Edited by Patang

4 hours ago, Patang said:

bulls-eye. you've gone all the way to nothingness, all the way to the the one and only truth that there is, and there is nothing more to say about it. it is no one but you to say that you have reached the nothingness.

Well, except there is no one that reaches the misperceived awareness of nothingness that is only an illusion of truth.

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Well, except there is no one that reaches the misperceived awareness of nothingness that is only an illusion of truth.

this is absolutely correct!!! despite being an illusion itself.

Edited by Patang

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@cetus56 “we” couldn’t have fate.  

haha I know. I must of woken in a materialist's paradine or something today. I need to go meditate now. :D..........Well that's a point too. There is nothing to do to become enlightened. That would be the illusion of free will also just like becoming president.  I better just go meditate anyway.

If everything is "God's" will and not our will so we don't have free will but we are "God" then we are the one who chooses yet is the divine no one of misperceived awareness of nothingness illusion.......hmmmm

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

I better just go meditate anyway.

just for the sake of grounding

57 minutes ago, Patang said:

@Deep you see, free will means you can choose between different alternatives. god, on the other hand, does not have to choose, he is doing it all.

Yes I agree. 

46 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you mean by God?

40 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You know what God is to me?  It's a word, or a sound if you don't get the visual component.  That's what God is.  Think about it!  Right?

By God, I mean the indescribable. Yes it's just a word until you experience it. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Patang The free will or fate argument is only in the mind. There is no one separate from God to have free will. At the same time God is doing everything.  

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

all is one and one is all, and the one is nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Patang said:

just for the sake of grounding

@Patang I found absolutely nothing to ground to. There is no me to ground to anything! What should I do now? Help me I'm scared! Reality seems like construct of the mind and so am I.  Everything is collapsing in on itself! AAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Patang I found absolutely nothing to ground to. There is no me to ground to anything! What should I do now? Help me I'm scared! Reality seems like construct of the mind and so am I.  Everything is collapsing in on itself! AAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

hahaha, not today my friend, i've already been had today once or twice. ;)

Edited by Patang

@Patang Here's another for you!

I should be busy cleaning the house for the weekend instead of fart'n around. Does cleaning house require the illusion of free will to accomplish or not? I did have the free will to clean this morning but now I see that's all an absurd illusion. So I'll put it to the test now. Lets see what the outcome is. This will be interesting! I'll let you guys know if the house gets cleaned or not. Do-da-do-da do..  O.K. So I have an hour or so to kill. How about me just  hanging out here on the forum chillin with you guys? Is this also the illusion of free will or not? Should I stay or should I go? Which choice is not the illusion of free will? Chatting on the forum or cleaning the house? I hope this goes alright b-c even though the future is an illusion and also seeing the future- I'm predicting that when the G-F gets home from work later today (the future) she's going to say "What the hell did you do all day?"  Than I'll tell her Patang and Nahm said free will and future are illusions so I applied no free will to get the house cleaned for an imaginary weekend".xD

@cetus56 BRILLIANT !

Now I just need to find a gf :(

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Just don't make the same mistake I did, find yourself an enlightened g-f!

@cetus56 beautiful paradox!!! sure, drop it on us, it's okay, your woman will understand it for sure, they always does (that means, the enlightened ones). prepare to die...;)

Edited by Patang

10 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Shin Just don't make the same mistake I did, find yourself an enlightened g-f!

i don't think dating a granny is my thing right now xD 

Besides, a crazy gf is good training for consciousness work, you should be glad :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them