Natasha

Spiritual Nickname

90 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor ya. That’s funny. 

I also notice that couples tend to resemble each other.  Like they’ll both have a similar flaw, maybe a weird nose or mouth or something.  That’s probably why they jive because they feel comfortable with each other because they both share the same or similar “flaw”.  Kinda similar to the dog example.  We’re Looking to accept ourself by loving ourself.  So, we love others that appear like us so that we may learn to love and accept ourselves.  This is why we are attracted to people that have our shadow traits.  The shadow is driven to re-integrate and to be loved and accepted.  This is the fuel for life, the fuel for our journeys — self-acceptance and acceptance of reality.  This is what is causing the flow of life, the current of growth, the sense of needing to arrive someplace.  We are driven to rid ourselves of inauthenticity.  That’s really what growth is.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

You guys ever notice, the avatar name we each pick, is subconsciously what we want?

Or profile picture ;)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

You guys ever notice, the avatar name we each pick, is subconsciously what we want?

What does Nahm mean ? :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shanmugam said:

I have the same question xD ... By the way, what is Shin?

First page :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Good point. :) Or, maybe perhaps "experienced" and hard to put it into words. But, life goes on. We're just presented with some wisdom to guide us through, and once we learned all our lessons, we move onto a better realm. At least that’s the best I can make of it. (I'm talking about our profile pics too.)

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I also notice that couples tend to resemble each other.  Like they’ll both have a similar flaw, maybe a weird nose or mouth or something.  That’s probably why they jive because they feel comfortable with each other because they both share the same or similar “flaw”.  Kinda similar to the dog example.  

Non-humans sometimes do better. They accept each other regardless. We could learn from them.

18 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

And enlightenment is the greatest relief; a spiritual teacher who guides you to become absolutely relieved is the greatest asshole ever...;)

Yes, they would almost have to, to get through this brick mind of ours O.oo.O:S:o... and finally relieved :P:x

17 hours ago, Toby said:

The names are given mostly by teachers as a pointer to the "seekers" potential / qualities as well as a pointer that the "seeker" is not his old name / identity. 

Very interesting.

Well you guys have known me since the forum was open. Maybe you can all help me pick a new name :)

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Oh.. Then does that mean that I want an asshole? 9_9 (I picked the name 'Mr.Asshole')

I already have one; And I don't like anal sex either...  xD

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@blazed Keep on the subject, please. We're discussing spiritual names here :P;) :)

48 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Well you guys have known me since the forum was open. Maybe you can all help me pick a new name :)

'Ma Lolsha..'

To my knowledge, the longest thread in this forum is the 'enlightenment jokes' thread, which was started by you. I am pretty sure that many people have had a lot of 'LOL' moments because of that thread. 'Ma' is the usual prefix that is given to female sannyasins. Osho used to name female sannyasins this way too. And obviously, the last syllable 'Sha' comes from your actual name. ;)

And by the way, Osho was probably the first person to use jokes as a means to silence the mind. Because, when a person is laughing, his mind is usually silent.

I thought of a name for Leo Gura too. It is easy and just involves changing one letter...

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

11 hours ago, Shin said:

What does Nahm mean ? :)

11 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

I have the same question xD ... By the way, what is Shin?

Namaste was too obvious, so I went with Nahm. A guy was telling me about when he climbed Mt Everest, or most of it, and he asked a Sherpa why they said nahmaste every morning to eachother, and he said the Sherpa said to acknowledge they recognize the God in each other. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE