MarkusSweden

Are enlightened peopled viewed as a threat by society?

39 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Didn't you say Obama was a stage yellow president? He seemed pretty respected worldwide. More so than Trump at least.

A huge part of being a president at a higher stage would have to be the ability to communicate at all the different levels. But that's what seeing the big picture (yellow) is all about. So I think it could be possible.

@DoubleYou But the right-wing absolutely hated Obama and obstructed him at every step.

Yes, worldwide he was liked because he was less selfish. So of course outsiders like that.

The problem with modern day right-wingers is that they cannot be reasoned or compromised with. It's turned into blind tribalism. Case in point the Roy Moore situation.

For communication to work, people have to be willing to communicate and listen and be openminded.

The political situation in America right now is very bad. Worse than most people understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Having an enlightened being behind the curtains can be beneficial. In Persian literature, there is Always this crazy person with the king , giving him advice. That crazy person, or court's fool , is an enlighten being, guiding the Sultan without anyone really realizing. He or she is the real person in control. Shahrzad the storyteller was also one of them. We are missing Court Fool , on top of everything else. Of course it gets this disastrous.

Hey Oprah can be president, she showed her interest in that and she has massive support

if trump is president, why do u think oprah cannot :D

although she's very green and i don't think she'll be yellow anytime soon given bunch of green beliefs she has, but she had interviews with Adiyashanti, Deepak Chopra and with many enlightened dudes, so I think she certainly knows about enlightenment

maybe she's on the path, who knows, she's very much into spirituality

u Americans are the most lucky ones actually, at least you allowed to discuss such things on tv and US is one of the most open-minded and heterogenous society i think, so life will be better for your country ^_^ if not for current generation, but next one might live in very much enlightened or at least in green-yellow 'atmosphere'. and then that will influence the whole world

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The good news for enlightened people is that no one takes them seriously anyhow. They too busy chasing sex, money, religion, fame, power, food, technology, and entertainment to care about metaphysics.

This has been my personal experience when touching upon higher levels of consciousness. I'm usually in orange / green levels. Yet, when I touch upper green or lower yellow I'm not taken seriously or it goes through a lower level filter and is misunderstood. I often feel a disconnect. Usually, the person has more interest in eating, watching a movie or going out to a club. Yet, when I do get someone's attention and consideration it's often taken as a threat. For example: the Nassar sexual abuse case at MSU. Here in Michigan there are strong opinions and emotions - people are willing to put down their video games and TV shows for a bit to discuss the case. When I speak of extrinsic inputs of Nassar's life history that shaped his reality, most people start getting upset. When I speak of the systemic complexity of factors that contributed to creating an enabling environment, people resist. When I question whether a self has free will and choice, people get defensive. When I raise the idea that both victims and perpetrators could be suffering, people become outraged. Most people want to limit their perspective to the proximal cause, Nasser. They want retribution. They want him to suffer. They want him to be treated as he treated others. I've noticed if I venture outside of this box, I am most often accused of making excuses for his behavior, absolving him of personal responsibility and taking the side of a pedophile. I quickly learned not to discuss the case at higher levels.

Imagine a highly conscious politician bringing up these concepts. I'd imagine there would be some openness to systemic causes if the perpetrator suffered consequences. Yet, I'd imagine a politician inquiring about free will, choice, personal responsibility and the suffering of all participants would receive enormous public backlash. I can imagine backlash so strong it pressures for a resignation.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This has been my personal experience when touching upon higher levels of consciousness. I'm usually in orange / green levels. Yet, when I touch upper green or lower yellow I'm not taken seriously or it goes through a lower level filter and is misunderstood. I often feel a disconnect. Usually, the person has more interest in eating, watching a movie or going out to a club. Yet, when I do get someone's attention and consideration it's often taken as a threat. For example: the Nassar sexual abuse case at MSU. Here in Michigan there are strong opinions and emotions - people are willing to put down their video games and TV shows for a bit to discuss the case. When I speak of extrinsic inputs of Nassar's life history that shaped his reality, most people start getting upset. When I speak of the systemic complexity of factors that contributed to creating an enabling environment, people resist. When I question whether a self has free will and choice, people get defensive. When I raise the idea that both victims and perpetrators could be suffering, people become outraged. Most people want to limit their perspective to the proximal cause, Nasser. They want retribution. They want him to suffer. They want him to be treated as he treated others. I've noticed if I venture outside of this box, I am most often accused of making excuses for his behavior, absolving him of personal responsibility and taking the side of a pedophile. I quickly learned not to discuss the case at higher levels.

Imagine a highly conscious politician bringing up these concepts. I'd imagine there would be some openness to systemic causes if the perpetrator suffered consequences. Yet, I'd imagine a politician inquiring about free will, choice, personal responsibility and the suffering of all participants would have receive enormous public backlash. I can imagine backlash so strong it pressures for a resignation.

Thank you, interesting to read your experiences! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Leo's army B|

osho-quotes-about-rebellion.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

20 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

This short clip was great! Tack så mycket! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, Shin said:

Leo's army B|

osho-quotes-about-rebellion.jpg

Best meme ever! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

My observation is that a social justice warrior is often a Red thug(usually, a psychopath) who speaks the language of Green.

There's the problem of psychopath infection that affects every Tier 1 stage of Spiral Dynamics and possibly beyond.

Psychopaths infect governments and religions(Blue) and drive war efforts. Psychopaths infect businesses(Orange) by becoming executives.

Psychopaths often infect social movements(Green) and control them. Greenpeace was or still is overrun by psychopaths. Electronic Freedom Foundation(Orange-Green) almost fell prey to psychopathy, according to Pieter Hintjens who worked at EFF.

No organization is absolutely safe from psychopaths.

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, CreamCat said:

My observation is that a social justice warrior is often a Red thug(usually, a psychopath) who speaks the language of Green.

There's the problem of psychopath infection that affects every Tier 1 stage of Spiral Dynamics and possibly beyond.

Psychopaths infect governments and religions(Blue) and drive war efforts. Psychopaths infect businesses(Orange) by becoming executives.

Psychopaths often infect social movements(Green) and control them. Greenpeace was or still is overrun by psychopaths. Electronic Freedom Foundation(Orange-Green) almost fell prey to psychopathy, according to Pieter Hintjens who worked at EFF.

No organization is absolutely safe from psychopaths.

A hallmark of Tier1 thinking is demonizing other groups within Tier 1 thinking. 

Anything that goes against survival and Status quo is viewed as a threat by Society.

Enlightenment is 180 degrees apart from survival so the answer is kinda obvious lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Anything that goes against survival and Status quo is viewed as a threat by Society.

Enlightenment is 180 degrees apart from survival so the answer is kinda obvious lol

Hehe, guess it is. ;) 

Thanks for the pedagogical point you made in my other thread btw.

The metaphor with the screen and the movie really hits home so often. :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@MarkusSweden can u post link to the thread where he used that screen analogy

I love reading those out. Thanks in advance

:) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, Samra said:

Having an enlightened being behind the curtains can be beneficial. In Persian literature, there is Always this crazy person with the king , giving him advice. That crazy person, or court's fool , is an enlighten being, guiding the Sultan without anyone really realizing. He or she is the real person in control. Shahrzad the storyteller was also one of them. We are missing Court Fool , on top of everything else. Of course it gets this disastrous.

good ol' days :(

also feeling nostalgic about those Shahrzad stories from Arabian nights hah

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom  Ah! I wrote this long time ago, before my Ayahuasca trip. I feel like a totally different person now!! I heard this idea of Court's Fool from Alan Watts I think. Love that man. We do need good story tellers though! Maybe thats why everybody's addicted to Netflix. We want good stories.