Nahm

Nonduality & Meditations

64 posts in this topic

Meditation Preparations & Considerations of The Temple (The Body)

Maintain toxin free hygene, such as with: preservatives, fluoride, aluminum, mercury, & neurotoxin free products and water. 

Get a routine physical & full comprehensive blood report, and review it with your doctor (preferably a Holistic Dr)

Eat clean. Food is mood, mood is clarity. Listen to your body & educate yourself about food; calories, nutrients, vitamins, supplements, etc. . 

Exercise if you are able, as early in the day as you are able. Don’t eat after 8pm, drink water instead. Be mindful of honesty, humility, & compassion. Pause to allow the presence of love when creating responses, vs mindlessly reacting.  Get 8 hrs of sleep.              

Meditate early in the morning, before eating, and before any thought engaging activities like;

- all screens, reading anything, listening to any thing or anyone, talking to anyone, etc.

- thinking itself  (learn not to engage in thinking, by being aware of it when it (the engagement / trigger-triggered) happens.  

Love yourself enough to do this, your quality of life will be greatly enhanced by your commitment and followthrough of daily meditation. This is ‘putting the experience of being’  -  first -  and then going about your day. It is a total game changer. Get up as early as needed to make this possible for yourself.  You’ll only fall asleep earlier as a result, and enjoy being more aligned with the circadian rhythm of all life. 

Do not ask others to accommodate you so that you can do this. Accommodate them, if needed, so that you can do this. Do not create conditions or contingencies which “allow” that you can do this. Refrain from entangling any other person in ‘enabling’ your practice. Simply get up earlier, and be patient when tired, you’ll be falling asleep earlier soon. 

(Deeper Considerations)

If the things above have been genuinely accommodated, and there is an overwhelming  apparent struggle, such that you honestly can not meditate, beginning with just 10 minutes a day, that is fine. Do not judge yourself, love yourself - address this easily, and maturely by applying what is needed:

Add creative expression in your days with what feels right for you, such as; journaling, creative writing, drawing, learning an instrument, singing, sculpting, building, carving, dancing - any act of creating and expressing, which feels good to you. Sign up for a drawing or painting class, etc. 

The past and or trauma may be deeply entwined in the ego, unknowingly suppressed,  held out of the light of awareness. Be humble, and be smart -  get help bringing things to the surface, into the light, out into the open. That is relief. Talk with a ‘wise’ & carefree person you know and trust, schedule time with practitioners of well being; massage, reiki, therapy, yoga, etc, - choose to experience the combination you are needing. You will be glad you did. 

Proper Foundation

The quality of tomorrow’s meditation is impacted by all of the above. Recognize these as the basics, the foundation. This is - first “cleaning the house”.  If you are not yet finding peace in meditation, the things above are likely insightful and actionable. Use them as a checklist, add to it what you learn works and doesn’t work for you. Be mindful of the process, not the goal or outcome. What you discover and accomplish yourself,  will only enable you to help others with their suffering as well.  

Posture, Balance & Relaxation

Sit with spine straight, entire body equally balanced, head tilted slightly forward. 

Scan for any muscles in tension - from balancing the body, and reposition in better balance. Repeat until seated in balance; drop all muscle tension, and see if you lean; if so, adjust again / reposition for balance.

Relax every muscle, from crown of head, through body, to the toes - in waves of letting go, over and over. If you struggle to ‘find the particular muscle’ to be able to ‘let it go’, simply tense that muscle with the appropriate thought, ex: “tense the right shoulder” - this is to locate it specifically - only to relax it / let it go, specifically (only needed initially, if at all).

Stay with each muscle until you feel it release: Feel the crown of the head muscles release, feel the temples release, feel the eye sockets release, feel the cheek muscles release, feel the neck muscles release, the shoulders, the upper back, the lower back, the arms, the hands, the fingers, the chest, the stomach, the hips, the thighs, the knees, the calves, the ankles, the feet, the toes - all tension pouring out through the toes. 

*Stay with each muscle until you feel it release, then move to the next. Be mindful, vigilant of any habit forming. Feel every step. Feel each specific muscle release. 

* Repeat this, from crown to toes, over and over, feeling each “pass” more deeply relaxing each targeted muscle than the pass before.  Notice the entire body unifying in relaxation. 

Meditation

Do not move the body, allow it to relax into deep sleep and disappear from sensation & awareness. 

Mind fully alert & present; awaken every cell, enthusiastic presence,  a tiger at-the-ready to pounce.

Notice all senses are one sense, being.

Being is breathing, being is breathed in, being is breathed out. 

Notice the ineffable spaciousness, the silent emptiness.  It is whole, perfect, calm, peaceful. It continues on in all directions. 

Revel in the perfect peace, in innocence, as you recognize the purity that you have always known.

Allow Meditation “Practice” To Become A Meditative Lifestyle

As you go about your day, notice this peace is still present, this silence, this being - is always present, always the soundbed underlying and allowing all sounds, the spaciousness underlying and allowing all objects and activities, the emptiness allowing all thoughts to arise.

Carry this into each day, mindful of the effortless nature of awareness. Conscious of any tension in any muscle, relax it, mindful of the one sense; without identification, without reaction, peaceful non-engagement. 

Notice the arising perspectives of unification & connection. Surrender perspectives of separation by allowing them to pass, and return to the everpresent peace and silence which allows all things. 

When you notice reaction, wether muscular or mental, relax, detach by being again aware, non-reactionary. 

Even as reactions occur, wether physical, mental, or verbal, be aware of, not involved in. Relax crown to toes, effortless awareness is always available & ample.

Notice the sound of a voice, is not the sound of your voice. Be that unattached, and that aware, ‘that’ voice is no longer your voice, it never was. You are all sounds, all voices, all things. Be aware all transpires in the ‘one sense’, precisely where it is seen, exactly where it is heard. One Sense, one awareness. 

Notice thoughts are not your thoughts,  be aware thoughts are things, like trees are trees; there is no mechanism found for justification of  “yours”, that is just another thought; awareness is unconditional and omnipresent, and never appears in pieces, and has never not appeared, it will never let you down. Notice there is one sense, one awareness, notice the body and mind are a body and mind which transpires in this peaceful awareness, notice a body and mind is not your body and mind, notice there is one sense, one awareness, all is transpiring and arising in. 

After some practice a couple new things arise...

When you have returned home, in the peace of non-reaction, the finite ceo / “decision maker”/ over thinker/over thinking - naturally recedes, and the intelligence will manipulate the body (it actually is “the body”) , aligning things, stretching things, cracking things, etc, just allow this. It’s difficult not to mentally react to this at first because it’s new, just relax again, it is curative, trust it - notice a person is not doing this, infinite intelligence is. Mindful appreciation. 

With enough surrender, deep relaxation, the brain & body & thought will disappear from the one sense, from awareness, and only breathing remains. The breathe will minimize on it’s own until there is little to no breathing,  (don’t “attempt” or “do” this). In “witnessing” the falsity or illusionary nature of the breathe, awareness is deeply “aware of awareness”. This is a euphoric experience. Don’t go telling people. They will not believe you, and you’ll sound crazy, cause, of course we have to breathe, otherwise we would not be “alive”.

Next, Utilize The Emptied Mind For Self Inquiry

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

The universe does indeed comprise of a single substance, presumably created during the Big Bang, and all sense of being – consciousness – subsequently arises from it.

This doesn't seem right. Ignoring the fact that there is actually no evidence for an event called the big bang ever having occurred, it seems highly erroneous to say consciousness was produced as a result of it. Additionally, you seem to be implying that there is a universe, which is made of a substance called consciousness, which is the same as the sense of being. Anybody worth their salt with regards to enlightenment will tell you that the ultimate ground of being, or consciousness, has not been created. There is some truth to your writing if you intended to imply that consciousness, the world, and the universe are actually in truth just consciousness. Where you lose me is where you say that an event has caused this ground of being itself being created. Sure, maybe the big bang keyed the creation of certain appearances, but how could it create the absolute? 

@FoxFoxFox Good lookin out, thanks! I appreciate the vigilance, however, that is not my writing, but from... https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/about/nonduality/.

5 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Nahm

The universe does indeed comprise of a single substance, presumably created during the Big Bang, and all sense of being – consciousness – subsequently arises from it.

This doesn't seem right. Ignoring the fact that there is actually no evidence for an event called the big bang ever having occurred, it seems highly erroneous to say consciousness was produced as a result of it. Additionally, you seem to be implying that there is a universe, which is made of a substance called consciousness, which is the same as the sense of being. Anybody worth their salt with regards to enlightenment will tell you that the ultimate ground of being, or consciousness, has not been created. There is some truth to your writing if you intended to imply that consciousness, the world, and the universe are actually in truth just consciousness. Where you lose me is where you say that an event has caused this ground of being itself being created. Sure, maybe the big bang keyed the creation of certain appearances, but how could it create the absolute? 

In terms of the sentence you copied & pasted above, yes, of course. However, if we look at the author’s entire paragraph:  

“In the last century Western scientists are arriving at the same conclusion: The universe does indeed comprise of a single substance, presumably created during the Big Bang, and all sense of being – consciousness – subsequently arises from it. This realization has ontological implications for humanity: fundamentally we are individual expressions of a single entity, inextricably connected to one another, we are all drops of the same ocean.”

Then we can see the initial reference is not to truth, nor the author’s sentiment, but to what “Western scientists are arriving at”.

The author has used the word “presumably” before “created” in a reserved, humble manor - as an initial concession even -  to convey a sense of respect to readers who’s knowing of self is limited to the rationale of “western scientists”, while simultaneously expressing to the reader there is a much deeper truth. 

(pre·sum·a·bly: Used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain.)

In understanding the subject of the paragraph thus far is what  “Western scientists are arriving at” - then we can see he goes on to elaborate on that with western science coming to a realization the universe is “one substance”, and that “all sense of being - consciousness - subsequently arises from it”  has ontological implications. By “ontological implications”, we are Invited to consider that there is a much deeper, relatively speaking - meta - truth of being.

(on·to·log·i·cal: 1. Relating to the branch of metaphysics dealing with the nature of being.)

In understanding the initial reference pertained to what “Western scientists are arriving at”, and acknowledging that is a presumption, the author points out the shortcoming of that presumption is limited: “all sense of being” . The writer then goes on to express the truth behind his implication (quite beautifully imo):

“fundamentally we are individual expressions of a single entity, inextricably connected to one another, we are all drops of the same ocean.”

So, the writing is not geared towards someone with your knowing, but perhaps towards a materialist with some interest in obtaining a deeper understanding of self & truth than western science has currently put forward. 

@Nahm Maybe I jumped the gun a little, and now that you've explained the context, I can understand why you included that passage. I should have mentioned in my initial comment that I very much agree with the rest of your writing. 

This is more a critique of the concession approach than your post:

I personally advocate sharing the truth as directly as possible, without concessions to 'eastern' or 'western' minds, no matter how complex and inaccessible it may be. This stuff is already confusing enough and it is not our place to judge the ability of others to comprehend enlightenment. Enlightenment is deeply rooted in every single one of us. There is not a single being on this planet or anywhere else that is not enlightened. It is only a question of whether or not they know this themselves or not. By conceding to existing philosophical understandings people have, it is very unlikely that we can help them. More likely it will lead to their present confusions deepening. You can see this yourself when reading English translations of Sanskrit texts for example. Historically translators were more than willing to draw parallels between Hinduism and Christianity, and not just between the truth of Jesus's teachings, but also with the lies and fictions of the bible. So, if one was to read the Gita with the perspective of its classical translators, one would completely miss the point. That's why I always tell people to ignore the translator's notes and introductions in this kinds of situations. 

Edited by FoxFoxFox

@FoxFoxFox I think we’re seeing this the same, really, and have very similar, if not the same, intentions. I can really appreciate what you said there. I do want to point out, (because you said “the rest of your writing”) and not to appear to take credit, that is not my writing. It’s from the SAND website. Mine was just an offering of an explanation, just an opinion of what the writer was conveying. It’s open to any interpretation of course.  I don’t know that he / she would consider it a concession, though I’m in agreeance with you, consessions are problematic. I’d add their name btw, but there isn’t one on the site. 

I am thankful for your comment. It draws attention to the limiting nature of making a post like this with only one explanation of nonduality. I should probably add at least a few more. 

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/about/nonduality/

@NahmPowerful techniques. Great post!

For whatever its worth, I can tell how powerful a technique is because when I do it on some psychedelics, that technique will cause the psychedelic effect to get more profound the deeper I go. The awareness of thoughts technique produced one of the most psychedelic effect out of all the techniques Ive tried. 

Edited by Matt8800

How have I not seen this yet? Very high-quality post! I like seeing threads like this here!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Infinite-Love-Wood-Sign.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Awesome and valuable thread, thank you!

Jotted down the techniques which I think may be the most useful for me.

This helped me to realize I have to start practicing Meditation with discipline and not just when I feel like it.

On 17/02/2019 at 8:39 PM, korbes said:

Awesome and valuable thread, thank you!

Jotted down the techniques which I think may be the most useful for me.

This helped me to realize I have to start practicing Meditation with discipline and not just when I feel like it.

The most effective meditation is when you don't want to ?

When you don't want to look at your painful thoughts ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Thank you @Nahm, bookmarked ;)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞