herghly

Why does leo not talk about loving kindness meditation?

14 posts in this topic

I spent a few months working intensely on self inquiry using the Chan Buddhist way of self-inquiry using Huatou

After a recent ayahuasca experience it showed me i need to learn how to LOVE more. Since that trip I have replaced my self-inquiry with loving kindness meditatio.

This is also something i often read about in Buddhist / Hindu texts that you need to radiate love before you can get serious results with Self-inquiry.

The reason i replaced self-inquiry with loving kindness is  i feel like right now it is more important for me than self-inquiry and also I limited time and willpower

Currently daily i do

20 minutes mindful

20 minutes loving kindness

5 minutes affirmations

5 minutes visualization

if i also do 10-20 minutes of self-inquiry my morning routine is too long

Typical PUA be like:

6d37baa458b8d0efc2747be667ffb7de126ebb9e

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There are 1000 different techniques I haven't covered, because it would take 100 years to cover them all.

It's a good technique which I'll cover in the future.

But also, if you think doing love and kindness will enlighten you, good luck with that. It's quite indirect.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@egoless Enlightenment cant be given with meditation. It can give you insights that you had previously thought about and now with a realization you understand.

I would suggest mindful meditation.

8 hours ago, herghly said:

This is also something i often read about in Buddhist / Hindu texts that you need to radiate love before you can get serious results with Self-inquiry.

Agreed, to an extent. There are some points in @Leo Guras take on enlightenment and self-inquiry that get understated, main point being  imo that everyone is already enlightened. Its a deep and subtle point that can be easily misunderstood. 

Leo talks a lot about the "work" you should be doing, and that certainly is all great stuff, but the notion of working towards something is in a way quite crazy. Its not in the end of the road, it is here. You are it. What are you working on? Really, what are you doing. Why not just rest as yourself, the self that you are. Why not just live and love the truth that you are?

This is sooooo easily misunderstood as "well i dont have to do anything then, lets whats some telly". Of course, thats a gross almost intentional misunderstanding. Leo talks about that. But still, really man, you are it. Now go feel, live, radiate and love it.

Oh what so I know. Im a random spider monkey posting on a forum full of lunatic hippie monkeys.

@Leo Gura  What do you suggest? if you had to choose between self-inquiry or loving kindness meditation ?

I know i should do both but if i do 20 mins mindfulness mediation , 20 mins loving kindness , 20 mins self-inquiry 

thats 1 hour before my day starts

BUT LEO!

1 minute ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura  What do you suggest? if you had to choose between self-inquiry or loving kindness meditation ?

I know i should do both but if i do 20 mins mindfulness mediation , 20 mins loving kindness , 20 mins self-inquiry 

thats 1 hour before my day starts

BUT LEO!

Still 6 hours left after work, not an excuse.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

im posting this in this forum 10000 times already because it's so damn important SOO FUCKING IMPORTANT

13 hours ago, herghly said:

can it be that you get serious results from self inquiry you radiate love? dunno, just a thought.

Also consider what's better, a bunch of meditations or a concentrated long one. A zen master told me that doing a bunch of meditations basically is like trying to learn piano guitar and drums by playing 10 minutes piano, 10 minutes guitar and 10 minutes drums and like that for a few hours (im paraphrasing). you wont learn anything.

I see youre also kinda deciding your meditations like this: mindfulness to be mindful, love meditation to be more loving, self inquiry to get enlightened and so on. while it might work with life purpose stuff, with spirituality it might not. remember that the point of meditation is to bring it to your daily life! thinking that meditation will bring you to some place is a delusion! you should meditate for the sake of meditating and not for the sake of being mindful, being more loving, etc. you wont get far in my opinion with that kind of mindset (in case that's your mindset).

see for yourself and dont believe me. im not even sure if what im saying is bullshit or not im not that advanced myself. contemplate why you really meditate and see if your answer is "to achieve X". I would recommend going on a retreat and seeing for yourself what it really feels like to meditate without the intention to achieve X.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There are 1000 different techniques I haven't covered, because it would take 100 years to cover them all.

It's a good technique which I'll cover in the future.

But also, if you think doing love and kindness will enlighten you, good luck with that. It's quite indirect.

I disagree, one of my most powerful vibratory shifts that lead to my Enlightened state came from Genuine Unconditional Love/Kindness for myself, others and everything around me as i came to a realization that we are literally all one and it all started with falling in Love with someone which propelled my Awakening(that was already happening) to far greater levels.

Everyone has a different approach Leo, every method can work it all varies from person to person and how much they really want and believe in themselves to be worthy of who and what they actually are and if they are ready to embrace it.

Some people can become Enlightened from never doing meditation or self-work at all if they hold a high enough vibratory frequency from expressing authenticity, love, joy, kindness, compassion, ect... This IMO will propel you faster than Meditation or similar work alone.

Meditation is more of a self-discipline/control technique to smooth your journey while its all happening as it can be extremely powerful and meditation helps balance things out cause when it happens it happens regardless of what you do or think as ultimately there is no better method but you are wrong to say one thing will not enlighten you.

At the end of the day there is ultimately Divine Order in play. I'm sure you have experienced this no?

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E