Emptystickfigure

Do you believe in karma?

21 posts in this topic

I'm interested in how many people on this site believe in karma? Or at least a good idea of how many

people on this site believe in karma? 

Not just as a cause and effect thing of the egoic mind, but as a literal energetic balancing of wrong and

right doings through many lifetimes.

2 hours ago, snowleopard said:

Short answer, no.

Thank you for your answer.

I do believe in it, though. It's nice to get different opinions!

I think the karma is the subconscious judging the conscious according the belief systems of the person.

7 minutes ago, Moreira said:

I think the karma is the subconscious judging the conscious according the belief systems of the person.

Interesting. But I take that as a 'no' from you.

There's a lot of topics popping up lately with 'Do you believe in X?' or 'Do you believe in Z?' 
Why try to 'believe' in these things? If these things are true, than you will be able to experience the truth of it, from your own exploration and research. Now we're just entertaining ourselves with ideas. There's no value in us telling you that we believe in certain things or not. It's also a huge trap. If a lot of us say no, then you'll be easier susceptible to closing your mind on the subject altogether. 

The problem with karma is that everyone has a different idea about what it actually is. See, your definition has nothing to do with what I would consider karma. Could you tell me what you mean with 'wrong and right'? Define wrong. Define right.

23 hours ago, Emptystickfigure said:

believe in karma? 

Well, I wouldn't say it's a matter of "believe" in it or not. If a person experiences it, then it's not a belief.

I heard from someone on this forum saying that if you kill an enlightened person, it's a billion years in hell (phenomenon). That's the karma of that person. Because the person prevented the enlightened person from doing his job on earth (phenomenon). Then, when the person becomes reborn onto earth (phenomenon), it will feel like heaven (phenomenon) to him. So, he feels blessed and wants to contribute to the world.

You have to wonder why books like Dante's Inferno is written. Is it written for no reason? Probably not. Also, different religions point to things in common. Karma, reincarnation, heaven, hell, etc., are both in Christianity and Buddhism. 

For me, the answer is yes. Because why would different religions even mention it if it doesn’t exist? :) Ppl do experience it and write about it.

(I'm talking about different phenomena, including our earth. I'm not talking about God = no-self = no 'you' = nothingness / everythingness)

Imo, karma as described from the old hindu texts has been misunderstood (just like Jesus has been misunderstood GREATLY).
There is no you, as a little ego that is been reborn, it's the entire cosmos that is constently changing every split second.
There is only one being which means everything that happens is a chain reaction of It (acting randomly or not, that is not the point).

The way people on the west sees karma is a bit fanciful too, Leo's has a very good video explaining how it works, it's nothing mystical really.
Everything that happens in your life can be foreseen to a great extent, it all depends on how you act and how you think (and how much you can go meta about your thoughts process).

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Emptystickfigure it seems that there is karma to me, but limited only to perception. As in, I have witnessed everything I’ve done, and I am making choices and distinction in the illusion based on my understanding of everything I’ve previously done & experienced. So it doesn’t seem that the karma “happens” to me, but rather is a way to describe the limits of my own perception being able to be traced back to my own actions.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Karma is one of the most obvious principals that you'll begin to witness when you start to live in non-symbolic consciousness. I am aware of Karma as I am aware of my foot. I'll make a post about it in the future, but it'll take way more groundwork to give you the idea. So be aware ;) 

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

There's nothing to believe, you can see it's true with your own eyes. You do something "wrong" and it will hunt you after. For example cheat on your gf and you will be hunted by the thought of getting caught. Even if you'll sneak your way out of it, you will suffer in the fear of her finding it out somehow. 

11 minutes ago, ADD said:

There's nothing to believe, you can see it's true with your own eyes. You do something "wrong" and it will hunt you after. For example cheat on your gf and you will be hunted by the thought of getting caught. Even if you'll sneak your way out of it, you will suffer in the fear of her finding it out somehow. 

This

I think of karma as the mental thought patterns / emotions that will follow you after performing an action.

Edited by the dream

3 hours ago, ADD said:

3 hours ago, the dream said:

This

I think of karma as the mental thought patterns / emotions that will follow you after performing an action.

Perhaps this is one type of Karma, but what about the Karma that brings to you negative situations if you've done something wrong (not just inner negativity, but outer as well) 

I believe that the next life's starting point will be dependent on this one. Perhaps that's how all karma is paid.

Perhaps you can be the biggest asshole and not get punished in this lifetime, but at the start of your next,  by being placed in a not so advantageous position. And vice versa. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

7 hours ago, Dodo said:

Perhaps this is one type of Karma, but what about the Karma that brings to you negative situations if you've done something wrong (not just inner negativity, but outer as well) 

I believe that the next life's starting point will be dependent on this one. Perhaps that's how all karma is paid.

Perhaps you can be the biggest asshole and not get punished in this lifetime, but at the start of your next,  by being placed in a not so advantageous position. And vice versa. 

I don't know about any karma that brings in negative situations to you. I don't know whether the type of karma you're describing is real or not. I guess I will find out.

Practically though I would say that you attract events/people to you that cohere with your emotional/mental imprint at that time. One example might a guy with a certain attitude that always seem to get into fights. Subconsciously he is looking for it, so it finds him.

A knife can and will cut on both sides. That's the dualistic mechanism of attaching meaning to life and attachment in general. That is karma.

Tip: become very familiar with recognizing and embodying paradoxes. 

It seems what manifests from infinite potential, is whatever is compatible with one's core beliefs, conditioning, expectations and identifications. However repressed and subconscious they may be, they can only persist here and now. So if there is a core belief that there must be some karmic accounting for 'past' deeds ... well guess what. Inquire, inquire, inquire ... Fuck karma ;) 

10 hours ago, Dodo said:

I remember Eckhart Tolle saying that inner negativity attracts negative people to come and attack you. This is because your negativity will feed the negativity inside them.

I haven't really adapted that concept in my own observation yet though.

43 minutes ago, ADD said:

I remember Eckhart Tolle saying that inner negativity attracts negative people to come and attack you. This is because your negativity will feed the negativity inside them.

I don't know. I would say that negative people will attack even positive inner fields. 

There's nothing more annoying to a negative person than another person smiling. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

12 hours ago, ADD said:

I found this to be, overall, true.

Yes.  Karma is simple.  It means that low-consciousness actions are like spitting into the wind, they come back on you.  So, when you act from the Ego, you get suffering back from that.  Basically, if you act unauthentically -- the Mind has to by necessity be at war with itself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor