cetus

How To Know The Difference Between Truth And Delusion?

70 posts in this topic

I think the example with the dancer spinning shows that any truth is relative. So, it's both delusion and truth, depends on view point. 

Also, there is Truth with capital T. But whenever words involved to describe it toLowerCase is called. :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

On 11/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, cetus56 said:

I was just re-watching Leo's vid. 'Leo Does Mushrooms', He said something that made me think, that during the trip he would get some really deep life changing insights. Than look back at them a little later and see that they where no big deal. Been there many of times myself while not tripping. This is why I ask.  But looking back he said it was realized as being 'delusional'. I'm assuming that would mean when Leo became more 'sober aware', for lack of a better term, did he realize that. So the question is, what side of the fence is really the delusional side? Could delusion in that setting of altered awareness be perfectly applicable?  So i'm sitting here now contemplating, how can I ever know what is delusion from truth? Maybe everything is a delusion. Maybe everything is truth.

Isn’t The whole question your asking exists in its own paradigm of assumptions.

Something called a delusion and something called a truth, all ideas happening. Essentially A concept in which something called a insight lines up or not with something called a Truth that it matches. Aren’t these just more ideas?  

This to me is treading into the territory in which you just surrender into the cliche but very true saying ‘god is bigger then an ability to understand’.  If done fully the ‘i’ May drop and the seeing into born again every moment may reveal itself.  Such future question may seem so trivial at this point.  

Edited by Mu_

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

Something called a delusion and something called a truth, all ideas happening. Essentially A concept in which something called a insight lines up or not with something called a Truth that it matches. Aren’t these just more ideas?   

I went to a similar place. I think some ideas may be more true or delusional - relative to the population consensus of what reality is. Yet on the absolute level, all just ideas appearing. . . For example, Trump thinking Alabama is in hurricane danger after he draws a Sharpie circle on a map would be delusional on a relative scale, yet just more ISness on an absolute scale.

@cetus56 That woman reminds me of spinners at Grateful Dead shows. 

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I know the truth = I am deluded.

I can convey the actuality of truth itself in language= I am deluded

One can know internally when it is in line with direct experience

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

10 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I totally agree. I think about the problem a lot.

The endless amount of delusion among humans frightens me. Just think about all the delusions which people have. Even in this forum, imo.

What also frightens me is that I think even nonduality could be delusion.

It makes me sad.

I just want to know the Truth. Why is it so hard? Why :(

@Mikael89 I think this right here stems from a surface-level understanding of non-duality and thinking about it as a belief or ideology. Non-duality is prior to beliefs or thinking. I recommend you read books about non-duality and I don't think you will be sad anymore. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Just now, Mikael89 said:

I know that is what they say about non-duality, but all that could be delusion.

Read books and watch videos about non-duality is all I do on my spare time.

You must be reading some pretty crappy books or not contemplating the message very well. 

Good books about non-duality will tell you that what they say about non-duality is not truth itself. It can only point you to the truth and truth is only in your direct experience. 

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Read books and watch videos about non-duality is all I do on my spare time.

Direct experience is really important. There is an energetic shift that is key.

56 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So according to you that is the truth, yes?

That would mean you are deluded with that statement.

Exactly!

24 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I can convey the actuality of truth itself in language= I am deluded

One can know internally when it is in line with direct experience

What determines whether direct experience is true or not?

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Exactly!

What determines whether direct experience is true or not?

Truth=that which is the case

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No they aren't crappy books. I know all that stuff already, I doubt you could say anything which I don't already know.

Oh boy

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Direct experience is really important. There is an energetic shift that is key.

Yeah, and the easiest way to make an energetic shift is...? 

Right, psychodelics. :)

I would add that theory (books) is the same importance as practice (direct experience), just find your own balance. Someone would say theory and practice will collapse eventually but I am not going to say that. :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Just now, Mikael89 said:

So your comment "I know the truth = I am deluded." isn't true.

Exactly!

Just now, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Truth=that which is the case

What if the case is 'delusion'?

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Exactly!

What if the case is 'delusion'?

You are putting an abstraction on "that which is the case"

Delusion is again, just another duality. That which is the case is not the content of a thought or idea. It is the fact that a thought or idea is popping up in the field of awareness in the first place. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

13 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

You are putting an abstraction on "that which is the case"

Delusion is again, just another duality. That which is the case is not the content of a thought or idea. It is the fact that a thought or idea is popping up in the field of awareness in the first place. 

That's partially true, i.e. true from a certain perspective.

It's kind of funny, because when you're deeply absorbed in thoughts, thoughts literally are all there is. And unless you create the duality between awareness (direct experience) and thought (content), thoughts will still be all there is.

Reality is imagination. What else do you think that means? Thought is identical to direct experience.

By the way, what you're referring to is just another thought content, and you're absorbed in it, which is exactly what makes it true to you.

Also, I like your signature ?

Edited by Truth Addict

8 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

That's partially true, i.e. true from a certain perspective.

It's kind of funny, because when you're deeply absorbed in thoughts, thoughts literally are all there is. And unless you create the duality between awareness (direct experience) and thought (content), thoughts will still be all there is.

Reality is imagination. What else do you think that means? Thought is identical to direct experience.

By the way, what you're referring to is just another thought content, and you're absorbed in it.

What you are not understanding is that you think delusion is different than truth. Delusion is truth in that that there is delusion. 

There is no difference between thoughts and awareness. You are right in that sense, thoughts are just an aspect of awareness. But, it is a trap to believe that thoughts are "all that there is". Only one who is overly wrapped up in thinking and identified with the ego will believe that. You are playing the role of a skeptic here but are not being skeptical of your own skepticism. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

@Truth Addict picking fights like there's no tomorrow hahaha.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2