Marinus

Low Consciousness At Festivals?

19 posts in this topic

Yesterday I went to a festival in Antwerp organized by different student counsels in this city (I normally don't go to festivals). There were some fun activities, but also a stage with artists. In my opinion the songs were very low consciousness. I learned in college that almost everything people related is social psychology, so instead of partying I decided to observe people.

My insight is that people (in this case students) like parties, because it makes them less conscious and alcohol makes this even more effective. The people behave very differently and I feel like an outcast there. The social boundaries from society seem to dissolve. 

So I really wonder, what is the core motivation of these people? Why would they wan't to do this? I myself am unable to do go with the flow of the masses.

My guess is to have fun and temprarily release from the tensions of life. Large events usually reflect some kind of mass consciousness. Low or high is relative to where you're at and what your goals are. For many people getting together to dance and have fun is a healing experience.

Sounds a little bit like it is easier for you to judge the event and the people as low consciousness than find out why you're feeling alienated and seemingly unable to let go and have fun. 

@Marinus Sounds like you need to go to a party, get drunk, and get laid ;)

Don't get so spiritual you forget that spirituality is found everywhere, including at drunk parties.

Of course festivals as a lifestyle isn't helpful to consciousness work. But they can be helpful in taking the stick out of one's ass ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks for the replies, I feel inspire to start a new topic :P.

3 hours ago, Arman said:

Sounds a little bit like it is easier for you to judge the event and the people as low consciousness than find out why you're feeling alienated and seemingly unable to let go and have fun. 

Your right it's easier. I think I'm very stiff and I want to control the situation instead of changing my attitude. So basically my attitude needs some adjustments. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Marinus Sounds like you need to go to a party, get drunk, and get laid ;)

Don't get so spiritual you forget that spirituality is found everywhere, including at drunk parties.

Of course festivals as a lifestyle isn't helpful to consciousness work. But they can be helpful in taking the stick out of one's ass ;)

Unfortunately I have a liver disease, but I get your point. I think I have a trunk in my ass though. Next time I'll try to loosen up a bit.

@Marinus next time, take your awareness off them and point it inward and try some shrooms. Maybe such a festival is just an elaborate cover story for your self discovery opportunity. Perhaps reality is the same. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Marinus take your awareness off them... festival is just a ... story (of) ... self discovery 

Yes

Take your attention away from the shadow though and look to what it-is that casts it

Edited by Brimstone

@Nahm Interesting, it might indeed be huge opportunity, thx. 

@Brimstone Do you mean my own shadow? A sneaky desire to blend in or something? 

@Marinus no the shadow of our shared existence, which sure, can only be seen as your shadow alone.

What is casting the shadow though? That is the crux that basically opens you up to enjoying everything that you do, without hesitation, without question, without judgement

It just is

Edited by Brimstone

Haha, I laughed on this one, because I've been there (festival mood), and now it seems like I am another person.  Sometimes you need to go to the extremes to find balance :) 

@Marinus IME, a low-moderate dose of a psychedelic at a festival is MUCH better than alcohol. Psychedelics enhance. Alcohol degrades.

@Marinus Here's a good example of a festival being a microcosm of the universe. Yin and Yang.

You need to go to psychedelic festivals my friend :) Normal festivals are full of low consciousness loops of mainstream music, steroid and amphetamine abuse and a bunch of externally focused, muscled up sheep looking for a fight or a fuck. If you want a real festival high consciousness experience with many like minds, seek psytrance and similar festivals. Everyone is high of the good vibes and are all about peace and love = expansion.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

13 hours ago, Marinus said:

Unfortunately I have a liver disease, but I get your point. I think I have a trunk in my ass though. Next time I'll try to loosen up a bit.

That's what the LSD is for ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You gotta have some reason to shake yer ya ya's out.  You're just not in the right space for it to click.  Instead of bringing the weather with you, you gotta find a way to tap into the vibe.  I understand that there is not always a great vibe either.  But you have to be in a certain kind of open, freeing, one with nature, no-boundaries mentality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

23 hours ago, Marinus said:

Yesterday I went to a festival in Antwerp organized by different student counsels in this city (I normally don't go to festivals). There were some fun activities, but also a stage with artists. In my opinion the songs were very low consciousness. I learned in college that almost everything people related is social psychology, so instead of partying I decided to observe people.

My insight is that people (in this case students) like parties, because it makes them less conscious and alcohol makes this even more effective. The people behave very differently and I feel like an outcast there. The social boundaries from society seem to dissolve. 

So I really wonder, what is the core motivation of these people? Why would they wan't to do this? I myself am unable to do go with the flow of the masses.

Out of infinite perspectives, yours is one and it's also as unimportant as any other's. what you are thinking is simply not true, you are seeing from your beliefs, not from your eyes. you are not seeing the reality as it is and thus resisting it. when you just be, then you will accept it for what it is and then you will see the truth that is simply beautiful. less or more doesn't exist, it's your projection on reality. Stop judging others as well as yourself and maybe the boundaries don't exist? 

Thank you guys, I will be more open to these experiences when they arise. Maybe this was my way to separate myself from everyone else or something. I would like some psychedelic experiences, that might shatter my judgement about reality and everyone else in it or as how I perceive it as you would say. 

@Shiva  That is a nice way of thinking I will remind myself of it when I do something I judge as unconscious.

@Joseph Maynor I agree with you.

@Leo Gura Maybe even better.

@cetus56 That looks kind of awesome.

@Amit This makes sense, it is my goal to do this, but apparently I was deceiving myself in that moment.

@pluto I think Shiva is right, but I agree that the music (at this festival) was low conscious or at least retarded music.

BTW I like colors.

4 hours ago, Marinus said:

That looks kind of awesome.

@MarinusI would imagine 98% of Burning Man festival is awesome. But than there is the 2% this video depicts of the art pieces being destroyed and the guy running into the fire and being burned to death.

You definitely will meet more conscious minds at psyfests than mainstream fests not sure about Goa or people claiming enlightenment, but where i live its quite different as its more about connecting and meeting new people and learning new things, of course there will be silly people chasing a high but you could also meet very wise souls that can share something with you as you can with them as the general focus is ultimately directed for the expansion of consciousness and connectivity as one whether most realize it or not so its all based on what you attract and how you deal with it :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E