sleeperstakes

Life Purpose Course Worth The Investment?

14 posts in this topic

I'm most likely looking to apply to colleges to study in 2018. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do. Its not that I have no passions, it's the opposite. I have to many, and i find it hard to focus on one thing. The amount i earn minus expenses doesn't leave much for spending, so for me Leo's course is a big investment. I've been reading a lot of life purpose books recently and a lot of them talk about "what would you do with your life if money and time weren't an issue" but the problem is that i don't know. what would you suggest is the best path to get, as leo puts it "A vision for my self-actualized life", should i buy the course? would it make a genuine difference? any book suggestions? How can i find out what my values are for long term fulfilment if i haven't experienced literally everything there is to experience? how do most people do it? am I overthinking this?

Edited by sleeperstakes
Fine tuning

Hey

I can't help you much as I am in a similar situation. I am not sure of what I really want. BUT we differ in the fact that I purchased the course! 

I can just tell you that I was unsure whether to buy it or not. Then I followed my heart so to speak. And I can tell you, th course is very emotional, thus it really inspires you. It puts things into perspective. Sure, my mind is resisting this shift of thought, but I can tell you, I am half-way through and I already feel a change in the way I think. And I clearly feel that I am building day after day the mindset that you'll need to actually be brave to do your choices.

Just for that, it is worth it. I thought ( being, honestly, in a poor family ) that I would follow the course and then take money back, cheating so to say, hoping that I would find what I had been searching during that 50 days time period during which you can ask the refund. Man, no shit, I am not asking a refund of a single buck, I am so grateful I found it. It changes you, it really does, and no matter what you'll decide to do, you'll be a new man. 

Sorry if it does not answer your question directly, just wanted to give you an insight on the course. 

I have not taken Leo's course. But, my thought on it is, you can never lose by investing in yourself. It's always a win. Every unwanted experience serves to fine tune your wanted, your vision. 

There is so much talking on the forum (not you) about should I do college, or a life purpose course, or work, etc. This, to me, is a generational thought construct. When I was in my early twenties, I went to college full time, had a full time job, 2 part time jobs, and played in bands, and meditated every day. There are 24 hours in a day. That is a lot. Time itself is completely relative. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you follow Leo's content or re-watch the older videos, you will just keep receiving his advice of having your Life purpose as one of the foundational structure of your life. So who will make the decision to purchase the course anyway?

@sleeperstakes In the beginning when I started, I have multiple interests / passions too. To help me decide, I tried to find the interest I'm best at and move on from there. Pick a major at the university that best matches your interest.

Thanks for your help, I've purchased the course and in hindsight it was worth the investment

On 30/9/2017 at 7:37 PM, sleeperstakes said:

Thanks for your help, I've purchased the course and in hindsight it was worth the investment

Just a quick note: As you go through it, think of it constantly. During your day. While you work, while you study, while you read, when you fail and when you succeed. Especially the theory part, IT MUST GET INTO YOUR BRAIN, YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS. That's the only way to make a behavioural change as someone said here. 
I found that in practice you might not discover precisely what your purpose is, it depends much on who you are and what your life is/has been. But if you change your behaviour based on those insights that make absolutely sense, stuff will start to happen. YOu'll start to recognise those patterns that Leo is teaching you. You'll start to see how everything plays out. And keep, keep, keep looking at the world with those eyes. That builds up a successful mindset.
I still gotta go through Purpose Assessment, as I have been working and grinding hard on those values, to make them the most authentic possible. 
But I must tell you: I worked much harder on changing the way I think of life. And now I know what to do, and I see how most things started to play out in my favour, because now I subconsciously know how to exploit life situations to make progress on this path. Half course and I am already in the Hero Journey if you wish.
Change your mind and be patient.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, DawnOfReality said:

Hey

I can't help you much as I am in a similar situation. I am not sure of what I really want. BUT we differ in the fact that I purchased the course! 

I can just tell you that I was unsure whether to buy it or not. Then I followed my heart so to speak. And I can tell you, th course is very emotional, thus it really inspires you. It puts things into perspective. Sure, my mind is resisting this shift of thought, but I can tell you, I am half-way through and I already feel a change in the way I think. And I clearly feel that I am building day after day the mindset that you'll need to actually be brave to do your choices.

Just for that, it is worth it. I thought ( being, honestly, in a poor family ) that I would follow the course and then take money back, cheating so to say, hoping that I would find what I had been searching during that 50 days time period during which you can ask the refund. Man, no shit, I am not asking a refund of a single buck, I am so grateful I found it. It changes you, it really does, and no matter what you'll decide to do, you'll be a new man. 

Sorry if it does not answer your question directly, just wanted to give you an insight on the course. 

Good Luck on your journey , Its a good course , but with opportunities come bigger challenges ! In a long term its definitely worth it 

I definitely think you should. I wish I would've discovered this course when I was younger. Although $249 would have seemed like way bigger investment for me back in high school going into college. Now that I am 35 and have tried so many different self help books and career & business development programs, internet business training programs, as well as started and succeeded (and failed, or wouldn't call it a failure now but a learning experience on what I wanted and didn't want to do), I have to say Leo's program (along with his free material) is by far the most comprehensive and well thought out program (I just finished the program and will summarize this and send in a testimonial after this post).

Like Leo said, "you need to '...thoroughly...' do the exercises!!!" though to make the program worth the money. Even if you go through the whole program but still lack some life experiences, you can still come back to it years later. I've taken so many different seminars and business programs, and found that I lose steam after awhile... mainly because it didn't align with my values and life purpose. I've event gone through a whole internet business program and created a couple internet businesses and ended up shutting it down because they lacked the purpose/values driven foundation.

Anyway, no regrets on my end as sometimes you have to go through the experiences to learn what works and doesn't work for you, but I definitely wish I could've found this program sooner, would've saved me a lot of time and effort on trying things that didn't align with my purpose. BUT, when the student is ready the teacher will appear, as they say :)

Hope this helps you and anyone on the fence about it. I was already on my way towards my purpose and the program helped eliminate so many negative values in my life that was confusing me and holding me back (and almost made me quit!). That alone is worth way more than the cost of the course. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!

As a student at uni in the UK who isn't sure if he wants to go into the sector his degree is related to after Uni, I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas this year ;)

I feel like I'm in a great position to start the course and I really intend to work it HARD. Being a student I do have more spare time than most of the population (currently that goes on general personal development stuff so I'm making the most of the time). 

Yes 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki