Serotoninluv

Moments

52 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@DrewNows I started watching some j. krishnamurti videos this week. Great stuff. Thanks for the suggestion! It really hits the spot.

glad you like it! I find it quite meditative/insightful myself :)

Explaining emotions with thought is like playing a saxophone with a kazoo.

I've been looking into developing on the empathic line. My sense is that each human is on an empathic spectrum, yet that spectrum is not linear. In terms of SD, "tier1" empathic development can manifest as absorbing the energy of others - feeling what others feel. This can lead to confusion about what are my feelings and what are their feelings. In an unhealthy dynamic, the empathetic person can take responsibility for the feelings of others and detach or try to people please. A healthy manifestation would be a sense of emotional connection, feeling "vibes" and a type of soul connection.

Yet, I'm starting to get the sense there is a trans-personal realm within this empathic line of development. I'm looking into how to explore this development. This is beyond setting up personal boundaries so energy vampires don't suck you dry. It comes after that is in place - up into Tier2. The vast majority of articles online I've read address "tier1" levels of establishing boundaries to protect yourself. I'm now more interested in what comes next. To develop these abilities as far as I can. The below articles gave me a sense of a transitional level. They both address the importance of boundaries as a foundation and give us glimpses into the next levels. . . 

https://www.psychedelicadventure.net/2016/04/being-empath.html

https://www.openhandweb.org/what-spiritual-empaths-and-catalysts-might-learn-from-each-other

I watched this video from the second link you shared. Good stuff and so true. It's really interesting how many forms of this exist among different spiritual traditions or approaches. It's a very important message and to me the actual process and reality of it is always more difficult than the description but I think with each new way of expressing how to sit with, open up and allowing, can initiate healing the shadow and possibly adds to opening up this morphogenetic field around the process. I may be stretching it to say there is a morphogenetic field around the process,,, but maybe not,,, it's movement towards the light anyhow.

I almost immediately recognized a parallel with Almaas' Theory of holes in the Diamond Approach and the process of sitting with deficient emptiness in order to process and allow an essential state or quality to emerge. It can often be a very uncomfortable process but very much worth the effort.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I think that speaker is delving into deeper layers of conditioning and healing one’s self. He’s got an interesting mix of awakening and personal development. . . And yes on morphogenic fields. I think awareness of collective conscious will continue to increase.  I’m coming to realize there is a lot of exploring to do in this area. Like learning a foreign language.

Anticipation is such a curious human emotion. It’s based entirely on the timeline, Can anticipation exist in pure Nowness? What is anticipation without the story line? . . . While I prepared my cat a tuna fish dinner, he experienced anticipation. There was desire, yet I sense more than that. A form of anticipation. Yet I think humans experience it differently - there are more variations and the human story within a timeline seems to fundamentally change anticipation. I’d like to drop the storyline and experience anticipation in Now. I ask the Universe to express this through my mind-body. I’m so curious what may arise.

Now I’m anticipating what may arise. So cool. This song just appeared. The first time I’ve ever heard it. So beautiful. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DcsP4TDOcRc

I’m observing the process of stress and healing within me. How it is stored and how it is released. Amazing.

I’ve noticed quite a bit of banter along the lines of “This is enlightenment” , “no, this is enlightenment”, “I’m enlightened, you’re not enlightened”.

This dynamic reminds me of a similar dynamic I observed while living in S. America. When I was in Peru, I met the most amazing tour guide. This guy wanted to be a tour guide since he was a child. He had so much interest and passion. He spent decades working and training in this area and was unbelievably experienced and knowledgeable. He had deep knowledge, experience and understanding of so many aspects of Peru: the history, the culture, the geography. He recognized various Peruvian accents, spoke native Peruvian languages like Quechua, understood Peruvian shamanism, religions, ayahuasca - he could play traditional Peruvian pan flutes - and on and on. 

During a tour of Machu Picchu, the guide told an amazingly poetic story that interwove history, geography, humanness, essence, mysticism of Macchu  Picchu. The scenery behind him of Macchu Picchu was breathtaking. A the end of his beautiful story, he extended his arms out wide and said “This is South America”. Most of the tour group traveled to South America from distant lands. There was this heartwarming sense that “‘This is it. We have arrived to South America”. . . The tour guide made a few more references to “this is South America” and “I am a (true) South American”. I noticed not everyone found him heartwarming. I noticed minor conflicts between the guide and South Americans outside Peru. The guide seemed to brush them off. There was a turning point when a Colombian man told the guide that “Colombian salsa dancing is more South American than Macchu Picchu”. This escalated things as the tour guide suggested Colombian culture was not as South American as Peruvian culture - as if it wasn’t “real” South America. This stirred up tension and the Colombian man tried to communicate the essence of Colombian dancing and cuisine. The guide mentioned how he has spent decades working and studying this and the Colombian man has not. He also suggested he was a “real” South American and others from outside Peru were not. This vibe irrated some of the South Americans in the group.

It then occurred to me that the guide was unaware that Peru is within South America. This was mind boggling to me. He was so attached/identified to Peru that he actually believed Peru was South America. I don’t have any attachments/identifications to South America, so it was easy for me to see, yet he couldn’t see it. If pressed on this, he would acknowledge that (technically) there are other countries in South America. Yet it was clear that at a human level he essentially believed that “real” South America was Peru. I’m not saying the guide is “wrong”. As I’ve mentioned, he was amazingly skilled and had deep understanding. It’s just that he was contracted within Peru and was not open to anything outside of Peru as being authentic South American. This limited his expansion. As well, when he dismissed other aspects of South America, it often caused inter-personal tension.

A month later I was in Medellin Colombia and encountered a woman who invited me to go salsa dancing. I said absolutely. We went to various bars and clubs and salsa danced to amazing live music. Salsa dancing is so integral to their culture, it is an expression of their beingness. At one point I felt so immersed and connected to this essence. I thought “This is it. This is the South America I’ve been traveling and searching for. I have arrived. This is South America”. . . And it is. Yet so is Macchu Picchu. Neither is South America and both are South America. The Peruvian tour guide is unable to truly realize and embody this because he was immersed, identified and contracted within Peru. Similarly, the Colombian man was immersed, identified and contracted within Columbia. There is nothing “wrong” with that, it’s just contracted. I was not attached or identified with either. This allowed openness and space for exploration and expansion. 

I see this same dynamic play out with enlightenment. A being becomes attached/identified to an aspect within enlightenment, yet believe this aspect is enlightenment. This mindset will keep a mind-body contracted to an aspect of enlightenment within enlightenment.

Nature is so genuine. Nature has no demands, expectations or agenda. Nature is simply an expression of itself. The river flows, the chipmunks scamper, the breeze moves, leaves flutter and birds sing. All in harmony together. Pure Genuine. 

The ocean contains all fish, seaweed, water etc. If a fish thought "I am a fish within an ocean 'out there' and I am having an experience as a fish", it has created a dynamic that fragments itself (a separate fish) from not itself (the rest of the ocean). It is no longer being the totality of the ocean. . . There is nothing "wrong" or "false" with this because the fish is both a fish within the ocean and the ocean. 

Of course, fish don't create these thought stories. Yet humans do. In fact, they live 99.9% of their existence within a thought story in which they are fragmented from the whole. This is partially true, yet when a human is constantly within this fragmented thought story, it creates all sorts of turmoil and conflict. 

Notice how deep down humans desire relief from this fragmented thought story. To "lose" themself. They may become immersed in a book or a movie. They may lay out on the beach for hours to forget their self. They may use drugs and alcohol to temporarily free themself from fragmentation. Yet these seem to be fleeting glimpses. They "snap out of it" and must return to the "real life story" - their beliefs, responsibilities, identity, plans - what "he said" and "what she did". Yet without identification, such personal stories and memories are eerily similar to the stories and memories of our dreams. . .