Joseph Maynor

I Need Some Help With Enlightenment, I Think I've Had A Breakthru Regarding Treatment Of Theory In Enlightenment

35 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor So much blah blah.

Are you clear what you are?

Are you clear what reality is?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree with this.  How could I ever compare my enlightenment experience with yours or anybody else's?  Not possible.  I could describe it, but it would sound trite and cliche. 

Yes you got also my point... to your reality we are just only sensations remember that :D

29 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Yes you got also my point... to your reality we are just only sensations remember that :D

To me you are the alpha and the omega.

You are nothingness being. Absolute paradox.

You are just as much your body-mind as you are my body-mind.

Hint: You are not your bodymind. It's easy to see how you're not Dodoster. See how you are not John too.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

"Underneath it all, is not a defficiency of spiritual understanding, but only a heart in need of love."

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Joseph Maynor

The absolute alone prevails.

There is nothing but the absolute.

Consciousness has not happened at all.   Nisargadatta

That about covers it in a nutshell.  Nothing exists. You, me, everyone, everything, these words, these thoughts are all just appearances happening within consciousness. Waking consciousness is a dream state of appearances. I remember Leo saying, 'All experiences are just an experience'.  Wise words and so simple.

Ok, I woke up this morning without any change, so it has stuck around for at least this long.  Again, the content of reality stays entirely the same, but the way you cling to beliefs and your awareness of the limits of the Mind-Matrix and of duality has totally changed.  Hopefully permanently.  Just back-out of the Mind-Matrix.  See through all of the limits of duality.  You will still cling to beliefs, but you'll do so gently and at the right place and time.  But this need to cling too tightly to belief will be gone.  You'll realize that this is what is keeping you from becoming fully enlightened.  It's the worst trap.  You gotta be more flexible with beliefs, and I think that's what really gave me the big-pop was fully realizing the duality or illusion of all beliefs as compared to Being.  You do beliefs, don't let them do you!  When the Mind-Matrix has you by the balls, you can't become very enlightened.  The reason being is that enlightenment is the distancing of Mind-Matrix from your experience and every-day life.  Like I said, our default-position is to cling very tightly to the Mind-Matrix.  Enlightenment is a relaxing of that grip.  Also, you need to wear the pants in the relationship, not the Mind-Matrix.  You can decide how you cling to any Mind-Matrix feature.  The problem with unenlightened people is they release power to the Mind-Matrix which deceives you in all kinds of ways, one of them being the idea that dualistic beliefs can tell you anything about Being such that you can cling tightly to beliefs to become enlightened.  It duddn't work like that!  You gotta see through the duality of *need to believe* fully.  Again, you do beliefs don't let them do you.  You are the horse and the Mind-Matrix is the cart.  The Mind-Matrix wants you to believe that it is the horse and you are the cart.  That is a huge limiting-belief and trap that will always keep you unenlightened to a greater or lesser extent.   

Tip: Open-up fully.  Release your tight grip on *need to believe*.  Tap into intuition and Divine Creativity.  Open up to a power that is much greater than what the Mind-Matrix has you believing is possible or even desirable for you.  The Mind-Matrix wants you to stay entrenched in it.  Like I said, you gotta kind of reject or break-up with the Mind-Matrix, and the Mind-Matrix will make this feel bad until it just starts to happen.  Get beyond the point of no return, that's where you get the big-pop.  It's like getting a glimpse of a better life, you can't un-see that.  If you're habituated and don't yet see the better life, that's where the Mind-Matrix has you by your myopic balls with thumb and forefinger.  You gotta figure out how to release that grip.  That's the basic problem of enlightenment -- distancing yourself from the Mind-Matrix.  I call this arms-lengthing the Mind-Matrix.  

MOTTO -- You do *need to believe* don't let *need to believe* do you.  Remember, *need to believe* is a duality, a map.  Do you see?  I think realizing the full nature of duality is essential to real Enlightenment.  You gotta get that.  What is duality?  How do I treat duality in my life?  How does the Mind-Matrix use duality to try to limit me?  Those are good questions on point.  Do some inquiry along those lines.  I think as a Philosophy major I benefited from studying beliefs and conceptual issues for a long time, so I learned the limits of duality very quickly, relatively speaking.  And that's what causes your big-pop eventually.  You'll see the difference between Being and Mind-Matrix very profoundly everywhere.  The Mind-Matrix is like an anchor preventing you from fully letting go.  You gotta have enough glimpses of Being to build enough contrast between that experience and Monkey-Mind experience to even appreciate that there could be a different way to BE.  And once you get that, you'll want to limit the influence that the Mind-Matrix has in your life because you'll be preserving that purer experience.  It's almost like if you don't yet know about it you have nothing to preserve and protect.  You gotta experience it, and then it's like -- I want to make sure I never lose this.  Like that.  Otherwise you're just dealing with slippery beliefs.

PRACTICE TIP: (1) Start to become very mindful of duality.  (2) Start to become very mindful of the Mind-Matrix.  (3) Stop trying to cling so hard to beliefs about what's true.  (4) Stop clinging so hard to the terminology of Enlightenment, to the theory.  That keeps you in the Mind-Matrix.  (5) Stop clinging so hard to the concept of Truth and needing to cling to Truth.  That is keeping you in the Mind-Matrix.  (6) Stop clinging to the concepts of Reality, God, Truth, Being, Awareness.  All of these are keeping you in the Mind-Matrix.  (7) Stop mistaking Enlightenment theory for an ideology and realize that it is useful primarily as a crowbar to arms-length more conventional beliefs.  Don't replace one dogma with another one.  (8) Get an experience of what it feels like to arms-length the Mind-Matrix, and the peace and lightness that comes from that.  Without this, you don't really know where you are headed.  But you'll stumble upon it like I did eventually.  You want the inner transformation that is caused by clinging less tightly to the Mind-Matrix -- keep your eye on the ball!  You're not searching for beliefs, but for a transformation in your Being.  This is caused by changing how you cling.  And that is caused by deep realizations about the organization and behavior of the Mind-Matrix, and also by fully understanding the limitations and traps of duality.

Start to see where Mind-Matrix manifests in your life.  Maybe do some inquiry about what duality is.  Start to see how the Mind-Matrix influences how you are calibrated to cling in certain moments.  Your job is to re-calibrate that clinging.  And you're gonna do that by backing-away from the Mind-Matrix to a reasonable degree of space between you two.  And you're gonna do that by seeing duality for what it is and avoiding ALL of the traps that are caused by duality.  The Mind-Matrix uses duality to control you -- but this is said metaphorically.  What's really happening is that the default way that you cling is wrong and must be changed in light of awareness of the limitations of duality.  This huge insight will then trickle-down into your actions.  And that will eventually lead to a series of enlightenment experiences for you.  I've had 3 so far, and this is my 3rd one.  Start to see the dual aspects of all beliefs and *need to cling tightly to belief*.  But don't throw-out beliefs.  Just cling to them less tightly and less ideologically.  When you see what duality is more and more, enlightenment shifts will start to happen for you naturally.  And there's no way to predict when they will happen.  All of mine came out of nowhere.  They'll hit you over then head.  That's how you know you got a genuine one.

See my post here too; since I wrote this one yesterday, it's very fresh:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You gotta break-up with the Mind-Matrix.  You need a divorce.  This video really is on point.

Watch your need to cling tightly to belief.  The Mind-Matrix is manipulating you to keep you from breaking-up with it.

It's so weird that this video is the one that's the most on point, but it is.  You're co-dependent on the Mind-Matrix!  It's a toxic relationship.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Joseph.  I think you need to stop watching videos and posting on this forum for a while and just practice while living your life, bud.  

Edited by Heart of Space

@Joseph Maynor

My zen teacher would slap you in the face dude. 

You don't need any more books or videos. And The forum is no longer of any help to you. No more Leo no more Me, no more any of this. 

You have substituted enlightenment for other forms of addiction and it is now crippling you  

You need to go to a stripped down soto zen sangha (not Rinzai zen!) and begin to interact with a master. And while you do that, focus on everyday life in the "matrix" again. Focus on money cars, sex, etc - all of that seemingly wack "ego" shit.

I know this is counterintuitive. But I'm telling you right now that you have met the Buddha and decided to make out with him instead of kill him. You're getting off balance and going off your own path. 

Im serious, get off the forum for your own mental health and go to a pro with +35 years of experience in Soto zen before you end up seriously hurting yourself. If you argue with me on this and/or cannot do this for one week, then let it be proof of your subtle addiction.

And don't give me some bullshit about having no self to hurt. You are going to end up creating far more suffering than you realize. 

You've read enough of my posts to know I'm an open minded guy, so you know I'm not the type to usually say something or someone is going off the edge of too extreme. So for me to say this to you I must be pretty serious. 

@Joseph Maynor you can't break up or divorce your toxic relationship with yourself. You can try but you're still gonna be YOU. Integrate yourself! Don't separate yourself. 

Memento Mori

On 8/30/2017 at 3:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor So much blah blah.

Are you clear what you are?

Are you clear what reality is?

Yep.  You know you hit it when you stop talking haha.  When you see clearly the difference between Mind and Being, although this duality must eat itself.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

How about letting Joseph explore this from his own experience? If he's wrong, he is wrong but no one here knows what's right. 

Thus it's very important to get "out in the world" and live it fully. That's when magic happens. 

@Joseph Maynor you're afraid of a mushroom. Lol.  Either that or you love wasting time and talking. I love you as you are. Adorable!!!! Study quantum physics, it will help move you from the epistemology & philosophy & deduction stage you're in to the reality that there is no reality. To the LOVE!!!! Lol!!!! IMO, you progressed the thinking part quickly but are still stuck there, just reaching more convincing levels of convincing levels and trying to convince others of what you're convincing yourself of. Denial of theories is still evidence of operating at the theoretical level. Build up to a 5 - 10g shroom tea ride, and your 'brain' will go "limitless" for a few hours, and all the bullshit you've been packing in there will become so clear. Be sure to do a trip report!!! It's like you did all this shopping, and found all the sweet gifts for your higher self, and wrapped them up pretty - but you're not opening any of them. You don't know what's within all that wrapping paper yet. I'm so excited for you to see!!!!! Rock on Jo!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE