Afonso

Hey Leo Make An App

14 posts in this topic

What good thing is: quick, easy and emotionally effortless?

Making it easier to access forums doesn't necessarily sound like a good idea. Also, apps cost, have their own problems and require maintenance.

And on top I already feel like I am spending to much time on the Actualized.org visiting it daily. And I believe I am not the only one who feels that way. Idea of making it more convenient doesn't appeal to me, mainly because it's already convenient enough.

@Afonso Yes, it would be nice, but my energies are focused elsewhere.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Afonso Great idea.  I wonder how much work, time, and resources this would require.  And then what the payoff would be.  And what the ultimate value differential between upfront costs and practical benefit the app would create over like a 3 year period.  Now, see, if Leo had that information, he could make an informed decision.  It just requires the relevant research.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Afonso If you really want it, start a crowd-funding and get @Leo Gura to outsource it. Old school Tim Ferriss quick-selfhelp-segment-style?.

The forum is already fully mobile compliant. Nobody makes an App for a forum.

The only valid discussion here is for making the main site/blog mobile.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  What if the browser gets issues. App never fails in loading. 

Plus there are server issues in browser too. 

You're IT guy. I don't know so much about tech though. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Change the topic name to "Help Leo make an app" = profit? Just kidding

The main site is not responsive, so migrating that to a newer tech will probably solve all/any user experience issues you have with mobile usage.

The trend is moving towards hosting your apps on existing apps services, as mentioned due to app costs and compatibility issues.

I took a minute to look at the code of the main site, seems like it's custom, no CMS like Wordpress, making it lightweight in code, but missing out on some functionality which is probably not needed. 

I'd definitely recommend staying like this, the code seems pretty neat and lightweight.

Using strictly HTML5 and CSS3 to change to a responsive, and if you've done everything yourself, shouldn't be too hard.

@Leo Gura  if you ever decide to make an Aapp please make sure to make it movable to SD card a.k.a External Storage. 

I already got too many aapps on ma mobile !!!

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Leo Gura The website and blogs could be made to use less data by making an app for it. You are doing great work Leo.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Well by adding everything to a database rather then hard coded into the site through HTML and display it thought php(on the site) would make app use easier and relatively low effort to run.  But I'm still critical, perhaps as a source for audio based material. "Leo talks" 

Edited by Spiral