Viking

Motivations For Enlightenment Post

15 posts in this topic

post your motivations to follow the spiritual path, whether they are comprehensible for newbies or not.

I feel like the desire for truth is the most important thing in order to succeed in this path, so tell us why that desire exists within you.

Finally, after having been primarily known only unhappiness, lost-ness, unlovedness, unworthiness, most of my life a sense of profound discovery of my heart is has started, to discover that I am wonderful and sweet inside, and that life is actually a sweet wondrous place, that I am never alone but always held in divine playful loving intelligence, and I am just getting started.

Following! Great idea for a post/thread!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

5 hours ago, Ilya said:

post your motivations to follow the spiritual path, whether they are comprehensible for newbies or not.

I feel like the desire for truth is the most important thing in order to succeed in this path, so tell us why that desire exists within you.

Prior to realization - which was nondual in nature, I really wasn't trying to get enlightenment.  Ever since when I was a child, I was curious about the world and wanted to know the truth.  I somehow sensed there was something more.  So although I was not raised in any religion or faith, I became interested in spiritual topics in my later teens (much to the confusion of my parents).  From about 1991 to 2004, I was a ravenous reader and spiritual seeker.  I just wanted to know the truth...and it kept me going.  In 2004, it seemed I hit my limit of reading and studying.  Funny enough, I hadn't read anything about nonduality.  But at that time, every new book I read seemed to just be saying something I had already read.  So I gave up the search.  I no longer really cared.  A year later (November 2005), I happened to keep bumping into the name - Eckhart Tolle - and so decided just to watch a video of his to get a summary of his teaching.  I watched the Flower of Human Consciousness and he gave an exercise on inhabiting the body and I truly became present for the first time (instead of thinking I was present).  In that moment of silence of mind, there was realization.

So it started out as a search for truth.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

12 minutes ago, Ilya said:

@eputkonen why did you want to know the truth ?

Just to know.  For its own sake.  I wasn't looking to get anything out of finding the truth...just wanted to know the truth.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

5 hours ago, Ilya said:

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Ilya said:

Only Truth can be your eternal peace and rest. And you are IT embodied.

Edited by Natasha

My motivations are ::

# Connecting to the universal consciousness

#   Finding meaning to a mundane existence. 

# Solution to suffering

#  Self transcendence

#  Spreading and receiving love

# Manifestation of God in my life. 

#  Search for truth

#  I am inherently spiritually inclined

# Application of spirituality in life and in the world. 21st century needs it the most. 

# Finding peace in a stressful life. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Just a simple Leo video on Youtube got me motivated!

Now books, meditation, inquiry and more videos.

"Behind the curtain of everyday consciousness Is hidden another, unutterably strange, mental universe"

The art is to look without looking 

Suffering is the fire which put me on the path, staying on the path because of curiosity and desire to know who is on the path or off the path in the first place.

I.e. exploring myself 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Curiosity is what lead me to this path and when I heard that I can get rid of my suffering, that became the biggest motivator for me.

I hear people say that getting to know the Truth should be the number one priority with spiritual work but that is simply not the biggest motivator for me, I don't know if that is a problem, but I trust that the process will lead me where I need to go, and maybe I will put the Truth as a top priority in the future, who knows.