tashawoodfall

Is It Possible For Some People To Not Have A Life Purpose Within Them?

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tashawoodfall said:

Is It Possible For Some People To Not Have A Life Purpose Within Them?

I do not have any Life Purpose, I only eat , relax and sometimes post on this forum. I know there are millions of people in India, who only play cards, gossip at tea stalls, or pray to god. 

@tashawoodfall The basic Life Purpose (LP) within all life is to survive, and then thrive. So you already have a built in LP.

Here are some considerations.

Most people have some idea of what their LP may be. Many who cannot think of a LP are usually confused, doubtful, or not found anything, with what it may be.

If confused, it maybe because what you like to do is not yet formulated. Or it is not just one thing, but two or more. For instance, perhaps one wants to be an artist but also be a botanist. A possible solution is to become a botanist illustrator/photographer. I know a scuba diver guide who has won awards for revealing miniature sea life (specifically Nudibranchs) never seen before. It is his LP and has brought much wonder and beauty to many people.

If doubtful, it maybe due to some belief about your abilities to follow your LP to completion. I met a woman in her late fifties who had a dream of becoming a doctor, but a lack of education and becoming a mother created a doubt which stopped her. After all the children left home she was free to reconsider her LP. She thought, 'why not, I've got nothing to do or loose at my age.' So she went back to school, entered university and became a doctor of medicine. She retired about ten years later and now owns a block of units and her own house.

If not found anything, it may be because you have not really looked into enough. In regards to career, there are thousands of career types. The Internet and the library are sources for finding out what careers are available in the world. In regards to talent, then I recommend you just follow your heart in whatever field of activity you would like to do. The artist Marc Chagall was told he had no talent, he said "To hell with talent!" He didn't care because he loved to paint, and became world known for his colorist painting style.

Edited by Visitor

31 minutes ago, Visitor said:

If not found anything, it may be because you have not really looked into enough

Indian Saint Maluk das  has said :

"Ajgar kare na chakri, panchi kare na kam, das maulak keh gaye, sabke data ram." 

A python doesn't serve any master and a bird doesn't go looking for work. Maluk das says that God provides for everyone.

Why one should find a life purpose if he can relax without doing anything ?

From what i have read you aren't born with a life purpose but it is something you create and work on(from so good they can't ignore you by cal newport) so i am sure every one have a life purpose :)

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

"Ajgar kare na chakri, panchi kare na kam, das maulak keh gaye, sabke data ram." 

A python doesn't serve any master and a bird doesn't go looking for work. Maluk das says that God provides for everyone.

Hello Prabhaker. If you are fortunate enough to be looked after (fed, clothed, sheltered) without doing anything, well good for you.

as soon as i say "my life purpose is X", it feels like a limiting belief. in fact, i can do whatever i want to do, as i've already done many things in my life and i'll do even more.

yes, i work. i have to pay the bills. but that's just work. i am an academic. but i could be an yoga teacher. i could be a database manager. i could go live in an alternative community that practices permaculture and plant my own food. i could go live near the forest and help with ayahuasca ceremonies. i could go live in a zen monastery and beg for food.

whatever i do for living, it's just a role. it's not really me. people struggle to find their dream job without realizing that reality is a living game. it literally fucking is. maybe you (the reader) just don't have the courage to embrace it as so. you may be like "shit's so serious. my status is very important. huh i'm so scared of what people will think of me". well, good news. shit's not serious like that. it's just a ride. eventually it will end and there will be nothing to remember. enjoy the play.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

But we're different from animals in a way that we are part animals, and part Gods, so we have a dilemma of Ego vs Truth. If you're not doing consciousness work, you will find yourself relaxing in Hell, I've been there when I accomplished all my financial goals. I think all life purposes should really be aligned with self actualization work, otherwise we delude ourselves into believing they are our life purposes but they are really just distractions and ways of making a living, and it turns into seeking yet another goal rather than a continuous journey.

What makes it very difficult to realize life purpose these days is everyone's priority of making money to survive, and what's even more difficult is aligning life purpose with making a living from it, though Leo is one of the millions who managed to do this. I disagree with Leo when he says "making money becomes very easy" when you're following your life purpose, I think this further perpetuates the myth of "do what you're passionate about and the money will follow". Good luck making millions with "jerking off" as your passion.

I think it's also important to distinguish between "activities" and "life purpose" - which is a skill that you master so you can perform at your peak ability. Yes you can be a yoga or meditation instructor, a lawyer, a teacher, a painter whatever....but if that activity doesn't let you perform at your peak potential and utilize your talents, then it's not really your life purpose, but another hobby or job. 

I don't think it's necessary to align your life purpose with making money. Raising the quality of consciousness could be all of our life purposes at this stage of humanity's evolution. Though the gold coins aren't going to start pouring down from the sky as we elevate our consciousness to a higher level, we still need to go and sweep the floor so we can get paid for it and ensure our animal self survival, such is the world we're living in today.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

we are immortal multi-dimensional timeless spirits, our very life is our purpose. 

how funny is it to see a child, a dog or an old man on the street. 
it is all a play, a joyful child is not a joyful child, it is a spirit playing a joyful child, a dog is not just a dog, it is a spirit playing a dog. 
how funny is it to see a spirit of infinite intelligence incarnating a ''dumb'' dude that likes to drink beer all day and shoot at cans?
or as a mother that seemingly struggles with her kids. or a spirit incarnating itself as a disabled person, that is courageous. 

there is no dumbness or struggles, behind every bird, spider, insect, behind everyone you see there lies infinite intelligence and purpose.

you're right now playing a human that is seemingly looking for a purpose in life, that is your spirit's purpose, acting like a human that doesn't know what's going on. and why not , it is valid experience. 

it's all so hilarious when the ego fades and you see that it's all just a play. the bees that flies above you, the pigeon that shits on your car, they're all just as intelligent as you are, we're just playing the game of life. if you're here your purpose is already fulfilled , your very presence is purposeful and full of infinity

we are brought up with society ego that teaches us that value comes from improving society be it by entertainment or advancements. from the point of view of the universe, infinite creation, value is in everything, everything that is here is another creation, another blooming of infinity, another facet of reality.  
what's the value in a lazy dude that does nothing all day? if it wasn't for the lazy dude, we wouldn't have an universe with a lazy dude that does nothing all day , for the universe to be infinite everything has to be explored  and created, and every creation deserves respect for that
your very presence is the purpose of the universe

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

11 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

If you're not doing consciousness work, you will find yourself relaxing in Hell

Consciousness work is a non doing, it is simply watching. When you can relax there is no hell. Hell is created only when you can't relax, you can sit, you can lie down but you can't relax then a hell is created.

16 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

Though the gold coins aren't going to start pouring down from the sky as we elevate our consciousness to a higher level

If you have trust, existence takes care, it take care of your needs, not desires. Buddha was not doing any work before enlightenment. Infants don't do any work but they get food, if you become as innocent as a child , existence  takes care.

Jesus says , Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, then all else will follow. 

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

Consciousness work is a non doing, it is simply watching. When you can relax there is no hell. Hell is created only when you can't relax, you can sit, you can lie down but you can't relax then a hell is created.

If you have trust, existence takes care, it take care of your needs, not desires. Buddha was not doing any work before enlightenment. Infants don't do any work but they get food, if you become as innocent as a child , existence  takes care.

Jesus says , Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, then all else will follow. 

What I meant by doing is "spending time on". 

I don't know brother, I think it's important to make a distinction between many different levels of consciousness, people are at different stages of this journey, and for many, including myself, becoming as innocent as a child is nowhere near in sight. Meanwhile, the bills are piling up. So I think a better strategy would be to think how you can balance consciousness work with making a living, and even better, make the two complement each other and and work in synergy. You're still going to starve to death if you sit alone in the cave, relaxing.

29 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

we are immortal multi-dimensional timeless spirits, our very life is our purpose. 

how funny is it to see a child, a dog or an old man on the street. 
it is all a play, a joyful child is not a joyful child, it is a spirit playing a joyful child, a dog is not just a dog, it is a spirit playing a dog. 
how funny is it to see a spirit of infinite intelligence incarnating a ''dumb'' dude that likes to drink beer all day and shoot at cans?
or as a mother that seemingly struggles with her kids. or a spirit incarnating itself as a disabled person, that is courageous. 

there is no dumbness or struggles, behind every bird, spider, insect, behind everyone you see there lies infinite intelligence and purpose.

you're right now playing a human that is seemingly looking for a purpose in life, that is your spirit's purpose, acting like a human that doesn't know what's going on. and why not , it is valid experience. 

it's all so hilarious when the ego fades and you see that it's all just a play. the bees that flies above you, the pigeon that shits on your car, they're all just as intelligent as you are, we're just playing the game of life. if you're here your purpose is already fulfilled , your very presence is purposeful and full of infinity

we are brought up with society ego that teaches us that value comes from improving society be it by entertainment or advancements. from the point of view of the universe, infinite creation, value is in everything, everything that is here is another creation, another blooming of infinity. 
what's the value in a lazy dude that does nothing all day? if it wasn't for the lazy dude, we wouldn't have an universe with a lazy dude that does nothing all day , for the universe to be infinite everything has to be explored  and created, and every creation deserves respect for that
your very presence is the purpose of the universe

This all sounds very enlightening and is a great way of seeing things to accept reality for what it is. However, the reason we're all here, I hope, is to improve the quality of our lives, and when you present this view, many people might interpret it as acceptance for their laziness and complacency which will lead do much suffering, emptiness and even suicide, because well like you mentioned - it's all good and part of universe. This is why I'd be careful posting replies like this for the question of life purpose where it can be easily misinterpreted.

Edited by Vladimir

4 hours ago, Vladimir said:

This all sounds very enlightening and is a great way of seeing things to accept reality for what it is. However, the reason we're all here, I hope, is to improve the quality of our lives, and when you present this view, many people might interpret it as acceptance for their laziness and complacency which will lead do much suffering, emptiness and even suicide, because well like you mentioned - it's all good and part of universe. This is why I'd be careful posting replies like this for the question of life purpose where it can be easily misinterpreted.

and I hope they interpret it this way.
acceptance always leads to love, which leads to a connection with the self. 
I see that you are afraid that accepting laziness and complacency leads to degeneration.

on this I disagree

1 hour ago, Arkandeus said:

and I hope they interpret it this way.
acceptance always leads to love, which leads to a connection with the self. 
I see that you are afraid that accepting laziness and complacency leads to degeneration.

on this I disagree

"acceptance always leads to love" - I must be delusional then to think that "acceptance" as you put it, could also lead to anything else but love. Unless we're talking different levels of acceptance like "real acceptance" vs "ignorant acceptance" in which case it would be nice to define it clearly....anyway

What are you doing on this forum? 

Edited by Vladimir

@Arkandeus Okay, you know what, I got it now, I accept everything, fuck all of this actualized.org wisdom, I'm going to sit at home, not buy any food or drink any water....because why not? I accept myself, why do anything? I accept it all!!! I'm going to sit here and slowly die of dehydration, I'm going to watch my body deteriorate and suffer great pain and slow, excruciating death....Why not???!! I accept it! It's okay because it's all good, this is the ultimate solution to life's problems, how could I be so blind before? Of course this is it! The holy grail of life has been found! No more hero's journey, I accept the defeat! No more need to do anything! Life purpose??? Pshhhhhhh, this is it! I found it! My life purpose is acceptance of everything! Slowly dying of dehydration because I accept it all is the answer! Thank you so much for this wisdom brother!

@Vladimir Don't worry about them... there are some who are taken care of...of course they see it the way they do. If you have real duties in the world you do them, knowing they won't get done otherwise. I have to go to work each day, that my duty and I do it. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

17 hours ago, tashawoodfall said:

Or is everyone inherently born with one?

hello 

i have not taken any sorta life  purpose course btw so i'm no expert on what sorta thing "life prupose" means

but anyway i always have felt that there is no purpose I want in life so it was confusing and frustrating

but then i found someone's or a few people's ideas point the way. i am paraphrasing with my words what meaning i have found from those improtant words but i would say - it is for i've found - that it is not necessarily "a life purpose" that "belongs to you" but it could just be "some thing that gives purpose to life for you" I dunno if that is clarified so i will say it also this way - what i understand of it - that what makes me get up today and act today is purpose. and what is that? and so the idea is to find some core fundamental thing that is driving for you and is consistent over the course of years rather than a small scope like a few hours or days. For me at the time being the purpose that drices me is finding stability in my independance. but that for me is something I hopefully will fulfil within a few years. so maybe there is some silly ol' "my life purpose" out there for me to discover - but if there is or if there isnt, either way right now I have purpose that I am dreaming of and moving towards and it motivates me to act the way I wanna. 

so anyway that is for me, what my life purpose is, at least for now anyway. maybe I will find new knowledge in this line and well generally we are always learning. 

7 hours ago, Vladimir said:

@Arkandeus Okay, you know what, I got it now, I accept everything, fuck all of this actualized.org wisdom, I'm going to sit at home, not buy any food or drink any water....because why not? I accept myself, why do anything? I accept it all!!! I'm going to sit here and slowly die of dehydration, I'm going to watch my body deteriorate and suffer great pain and slow, excruciating death....Why not???!! I accept it! It's okay because it's all good, this is the ultimate solution to life's problems, how could I be so blind before? Of course this is it! The holy grail of life has been found! No more hero's journey, I accept the defeat! No more need to do anything! Life purpose??? Pshhhhhhh, this is it! I found it! My life purpose is acceptance of everything! Slowly dying of dehydration because I accept it all is the answer! Thank you so much for this wisdom brother!

to address fear of death is a very big part of enlightenment, it's the main reason why we resort to our mind and distrust our inner self
It seems that when talking about acceptance is it that fear that surfaces for you.
Acceptance doesn't lead to death, but it leads you to face your inner fears. 
the very thought of acceptance puts you in front of your main fear in life, it is a chance for you to eventually address this fear of death

On 7/19/2017 at 0:13 PM, ajasatya said:

as soon as i say "my life purpose is X", it feels like a limiting belief. in fact, i can do whatever i want to do, as i've already done many things in my life and i'll do even more.

yes, i work. i have to pay the bills. but that's just work. i am an academic. but i could be an yoga teacher. i could be a database manager. i could go live in an alternative community that practices permaculture and plant my own food. i could go live near the forest and help with ayahuasca ceremonies. i could go live in a zen monastery and beg for food.

whatever i do for living, it's just a role. it's not really me. people struggle to find their dream job without realizing that reality is a living game. it literally fucking is. maybe you (the reader) just don't have the courage to embrace it as so. you may be like "shit's so serious. my status is very important. huh i'm so scared of what people will think of me". well, good news. shit's not serious like that. it's just a ride. eventually it will end and there will be nothing to remember. enjoy the play.

This is well said! could you please have a look at my question and answer it. thanks in advance!

I think people get confused because of the pompous label assigned to this thing. "Life purpose".

I've been working towards it for about 1 year and half now and I'll try to throw in my current understanding of it.

First of all this should not really be a debate over consciousness versus other more "worldly" things. I think it's reasonable to say that life purpose in the context we are using it, in relation to the course and this section of the forum refers to working up a healthy ego, while consciousness is the next step, to transcend it.

As far as I see it, you can say life purpose should be related to consciousness if you really take into account your entire lifetime. Because this amount of time is pretty much difficult to grasp in the imagination for most of us, a simpler approach is to divide it in maybe 10 year pieces, which is still very very difficult to imagine. 

While planning for such smaller intervals, consciousness may not appear to be the goal. Ultimately it is, but it's sort of hidden in the back lines in the same way that people go on journeys to get somewhere rather than just... having a journey. The real goal is growth.

We have a long and complicated journey to go through in life, and we can get much better results by envisioning how our journey should go, rather than just responding to stimuli. On this journey we have some values, which are a sort of compass, our strengths, which are a sort of map, and our current and develop-able skills/knowledge which serve as transportation. With this analogy, you can say that a life purpose is a target you choose, with these inputs. 

We all have different inputs as we live, thus all our purposes will be somewhat different. As we go on the journey the input data is changed by various feedback loops and changes. The target implicitly will also keep changing as you pursue it. The end of the pursuit is when we can go on without needing a target. I think only very very few people have the possibility to skip through to the end without getting some navigation practice.

Coming back to the question:

There's definitely some purpose worth pursuing in everyone, the only difference is the inputs. If you're not in the position to construct a purpose yet, just live a little until you start to see the patterns. 

I would say you definitely are not born with a life-purpose. We all have it in our possibility by being human, but it's more of a meta thing. You definitely don't have it hardwired in your brain on birth.

Edited by AndreiC