Natasha

Enlightenment Is Not Extraordinary

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Or you could just shine the light of awareness on what would make you want to tell your boss to f*off (hint - the ego). So, you'd rest in that recognition and say nothing not out of fear to be fired, but because you wouldn't want to further feed the ego by saying those words.

No, that's not what the ego is. The ego is the inauthentic part of us. Why do you think people have an ego in the first place? They aren't being honest. The ego comes from social conditioning. I was just saying if someone is practicing Raj yoga and they genuinely felt like saying that, they would have to. It simply says what one thinks, says, and does have to be aligned that's all. Most people's lives are hypocritical. Raj yoga is about experiencing samadhi which is different from what Rupert is talking about. I like Raj yoga because the techniques have worked better for me than what Rupert teaches. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

^ what duality -  see the ego as one with the authentic. 

Edited by alyra

10 hours ago, Deep said:

Patanjali makes the 10 commandments look like a joke

One can enter yoga, or the path of yoga, only when he is totally frustrated with his own mind as it is. If you are still hoping that you can gain something through your mind, yoga is not for you.

So many become interested, but very few enter because your interest may be just because of your mind. You may be hoping now, through yoga, that you may gain something, but the achieving motive is there-you may become perfect through yoga, you may reach to the blissful state of perfect being, you may become one with the brahman, you may achieve the satchitananda. This may be the cause why you are interested in yoga. If this is the cause then there can be no meeting between you and the path which is yoga. Then you are totally against it, moving in a totally opposite dimension.

Yoga means that now there is no hope, now there is no future, now there are no desires. One is ready to know what is. Unless this moment comes to you... You can go on doing asanas, postures; that is not yoga. Yoga is an inward turning. It is a total about-turn. When you are not moving into the future, not moving toward the past, then you start moving within yourself – because your being is here and now, it is not in the future. You are present here and now, you can enter this reality. But then mind has to be here.

11 hours ago, Deep said:

You can end up getting killed for it like Jesus.

Unless you are ready to die, Patanjali's yoga is not for you.

6 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

This may be the cause why you are interested in yoga. If this is the cause then there can be no meeting between you and the path which is yoga. Then you are totally against it, moving in a totally opposite dimension.

In the past, one had to experience themselves as God before they were considered to be enlightened. A sage was someone who can experience God through their own discipline. Most modern teachers haven't experienced God. I can tell by listening to them. It's like a virgin talking about sex. They have concepts about it but no experience. There are many teachers in India like that as well. 

There are a couple reasons why I don't think modern teachers have experienced God. They are:

1. If they experienced God, they wouldn't be able to talk about it. It's so intense there are no words to describe it. 

2. They wouldn't need to save the world. If everything and everyone is God, who needs to be saved? 

Patanjali had done the hard work necessary to experience God. Krishna only spoke the Gita because Arjuna needed it before the war. This doesn't mean they had more access to enlightenment than anyone else. It doesn't mean they were more "godly" than anyone else. 

18 minutes ago, Deep said:

Most modern teachers haven't experienced God.

Fully enlightened masters are very rare, 

A false master is a consolation, he gives you peace as you are, he never bothers to change you -- he is a tranquilizer. You come to him and he consoles. Even if a real master consoles you, that consolation is just like a fishing net. You will be caught in the consolation and then, by and by, he will create the chaos. You have to pass through the chaos, because as you are you are absolutely wrong.

But to find a living Master one has to search, and in fact, all those false gurus help you in a way because experiencing them you become aware of that which is false. And to know the false as false is the beginning of knowing the true as the true, the real as the real. If you are absolutely clear about the false, suddenly you become clear about what is real, what is authentic. So even the false gurus are serving, in indirect way, to the real seekers.

22 hours ago, Key Elements said:

images-17.jpeg.ced5a9e3ad6d3ca118bd049594c34023.jpeg

"Oh my god! It's absolutely infinite!"

"It's absolutely infinite!!!!!"

-Leo

Wow, what a quote xDxDxD 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Prabhaker I wouldn't say they are "false gurus." A high school basketball player might be the best in his school but he isn't Michael Jordan. The high school player doesn't experience or play basketball in the same manner because God is expressing differently through him than M.J. The high school player can't teach you to play the game, the way Michael can. Same with spirituality, Buddha played the game of life differently from us. LMAO ;)

10 minutes ago, Deep said:

@Prabhaker I wouldn't say they are "false gurus." A high school basketball player might be the best in his school but he isn't Michael Jordan. The high school player doesn't experience or play basketball in the same manner because God is expressing differently through him than M.J. The high school player can't teach you to play the game, the way Michael can. Same with spirituality, Buddha played the game of life differently from us. LMAO ;)

That's exactly the kind of beliefs that restrain people to realize their true self.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I learn from all experiences. whether I am with a buddha or a lost soul. Being blind to the value of the inexperienced is just as blind as being blind to the clairvoyant.

@Natasha Seeking enlightenment to be extraordinary. Become enlightened and bask in the ordinary.

Do I dare to throw in a chop wood, carry water quote here? I guess I did!?

@Shin No beliefs can prevent enlightenment from happening. You can only realize your true self when the mind holds still, not any time before that. I've had the good fortune of experiencing that and it was the most intense thing I've ever experienced. You only feel like you're in the body because your mind is telling you that. You were never in the body to begin with. You'll know when it happens to you. During the no mind state you realize what you are (which is everything and no-thing at the same time). 

14 hours ago, Shin said:

That's exactly the kind of beliefs that restrain people to realize their true self.

13 hours ago, alyra said:

I learn from all experiences. whether I am with a buddha or a lost soul. Being blind to the value of the inexperienced is just as blind as being blind to the clairvoyant.

Every little step counts. The hints are spread everywhere. It's up to you to realize it as an ah-ha moment and move on to the next. Hints lead you in the right direction if you realize them. You can't understand the next step if you skip a step.

If we all became enlightened masters now, we won't be enlightened masters in the same way.

Edited by Key Elements

9 hours ago, Key Elements said:

You can't understand the next step if you skip a step.

the tricky thing about steps is that they aren't so set in stone. taking a step can be quick for some people, perhaps such that it isn't even noticed - the new understanding comes, but it is as if it's always been there. the steps that we notice are the steps which are more difficult than that - and which steps are how difficult is not the same for all. Thus we say, no path is universal for all. 

And, when we learn from a master, surely we are skipping steps. in order to not skip steps we'd must sit in perfect solitude forever until we came upon all the insights ourselves. but no, we seek out external insights from those who've had some already, in attempts to skip past hard work, or at the very least to more earlier discover hard work that will pay off.

In infinite eternalness, there is no wrong. Wrong is a thought, a product of the brain, which itself is a product of the everything and is the everything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, alyra said:

And, when we learn from a master, surely we are skipping steps. 

Yes, I agree. Be prepared to meet a master suitable for you. You may want to be deeper in your own path before meeting one. Otherwise, you might be disappointed. You might say something, and when the master happens to give an advice, you might get disappointed because you may feel that the master is shedding the wrong light.

3 hours ago, alyra said:

in order to not skip steps we'd must sit in perfect solitude forever until we came upon all the insights ourselves. 

Or, we accidentally realize our mistakes and it set us straight, and we finally turn inwards. :D

On 5/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, Natasha said:

I agree. Here's a lady, Natalie Gray, who is not a spiritual teacher describing her awakening also as ordinary. After self-realization she was done seeking and stopped making YT videos...just went on with her life 'chopping wood and carrying water'... 

These are 2 of the 3 videos she made which I find quite insightful:

I'm going to speak with her on Friday in Ojai California... I didn't realize she lived only 40 minutes away and I hit her up on email and she agreed to meet up... she seems great... we're having coffee lol

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Definitely will for sure...excited to meet her in person...Skype is nice but gets a little old after a while ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi