The Universe

Put Here Your Greatest(s) Spiritual Book(s) ! :)

34 posts in this topic

To attain Awakening ( or just for beginners spiritual seekers ), The "Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. One of the greatest spiritual books to get to that state in my opinion. ;):)

Comment yours here ! :)

Edited by The Universe
Bad letter placement.

Definitely The end of your world by adyashanti. In my opionion it's the best no bullshit, straightforward nondual book out there, especially when you're feeling confused and disoriented. 

Edited by Danielle

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

14 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Definitely The end of your world by adyashanti. In my opionion it's the best no bullshit, straightforward nondual book out there, especially when you're feeling confused and disoriented. 

Yes Adya has some really simple words to describe complicated things. :) This is why i love his teaching ;)

The Dictionary

Samadhi :(Sanskrit: समाधि, Hindi pronunciation: [səˈmaːd̪ʱi]),  The mind becomes still. It is a state of being totally aware of the present moment; a one-pointedness of mind.[web 1]

The Book of the Secrets : by Osho, The original series of 80 discourses were simply called ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra” published as ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Volumes 1 and 2. (free download in pdf format)

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_1.pdf

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_2.pdf 

In this comprehensive and practical guide, the secrets of the ancient science of Tantra become available to a contemporary audience for the first time. Confined to small, hidden mystery schools for centuries, and often misunderstood and misinterpreted today. Tantra is not just a collection of techniques to enhance sexual experience. As Osho shows in these pages, it is a complete science of self-realization, based on the cumulative wisdom of centuries of exploration into the meaning of life and consciousness. Tantra-the very word means "technique"-is a set of powerful, transformative tools that can be used to bring new meaning and joy to every aspect of our daily lives.

4 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

The Book of the Secrets : by Osho, The original series of 80 discourses were simply called ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra” published as ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Volumes 1 and 2. (free download in pdf format)

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_1.pdf

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_2.pdf 

In this comprehensive and practical guide, the secrets of the ancient science of Tantra become available to a contemporary audience for the first time. Confined to small, hidden mystery schools for centuries, and often misunderstood and misinterpreted today. Tantra is not just a collection of techniques to enhance sexual experience. As Osho shows in these pages, it is a complete science of self-realization, based on the cumulative wisdom of centuries of exploration into the meaning of life and consciousness. Tantra-the very word means "technique"-is a set of powerful, transformative tools that can be used to bring new meaning and joy to every aspect of our daily lives.

It's just like western yoga which is completely diformed from It's real purpose ! :D I'll take a look at that ;) . Love Tantras :P

@The Universe

Vigyan Bhairav Tantra is an ancient text on meditation.  It contains 112 techniques of Meditation. Basically in the form of a dialogue between lord Shiva and his wife Parvati (refer to as Devi in the book), this books discusses 112  meditation techniques which can be used for realizing our true self.

The book starts with a question from Devi regarding the nature of reality. She asked Shiva about Universe, about fundamental nature of this world, how one can go beyond space and time to understand this truth.

The remaining book is all about Shiva’s answers to Devi’s  queries.

He does not tell her what is.

He tells her a method…then another method.. then another …he goes on.

He tells her how.

He tells her how one can realize this reality…through 112 methods of centering in the self.

The methods are in their seed form. The entire book can be written in one long piece of paper. However, these methods in their seedy form point towards various powerful meditation techniques. On contemplating upon these techniques, one can find one of the most impressive and powerful collections of meditation techniques which are simple yet very effective.

It is said that 112 techniques of meditation of Vigyan Bhairav Tantra are all inclusive. It is said that there is no meditation techniques which has not been covered in Vigyan Bhairav Tantra. These Meditation techniques  are for people of all age and all times. These meditation techniques were for those who had lived in the pasts, for those who are living in the present and for all those who’ll born in future.

This meditation techniques are for all humanity of all time. Past, present, future.

It is said that it is impossible for anybody not to find a technique (out of 112 techniques) suitable to his own level of spiritual development and inner temperament.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

@The Universe

Vigyan Bhairav Tantra is an ancient text on meditation.  It contains 112 techniques of Meditation. Basically in the form of a dialogue between lord Shiva and his wife Parvati (refer to as Devi in the book), this books discusses 112  meditation techniques which can be used for realizing our true self.

The book starts with a question from Devi regarding the nature of reality. She asked Shiva about Universe, about fundamental nature of this world, how one can go beyond space and time to understand this truth.

The remaining book is all about Shiva’s answers to Devi’s  queries.

He does not tell her what is.

He tells her a method…then another method.. then another …he goes on.

He tells her how.

He tells her how one can realize this reality…through 112 methods of centering in the self.

The methods are in their seed form. The entire book can be written in one long piece of paper. However, these methods in their seedy form point towards various powerful meditation techniques. On contemplating upon these techniques, one can find one of the most impressive and powerful collections of meditation techniques which are simple yet very effective.

It is said that 112 techniques of meditation of Vigyan Bhairav Tantra are all inclusive. It is said that there is no meditation techniques which has not been covered in Vigyan Bhairav Tantra. These Meditation techniques  are for people of all age and all times. These meditation techniques were for those who had lived in the pasts, for those who are living in the present and for all those who’ll born in future.

This meditation techniques are for all humanity of all time. Past, present, future.

It is said that it is impossible for anybody not to find a technique (out of 112 techniques) suitable to his own level of spiritual development and inner temperament.

It's certainly because those techniques visits all paths that guide to enlightement ( love, gut, mind ). :) I'll take a look and tell how it was :) .

A Book recommended by Ramana Maharshi. I'm reading it and it's mind blowing. Pure Advaita knowledge.

Advaita Bodha Deepika

The Lamp of Non- Dual Knowledge

You can find it for free on Google

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I have the power of now literally sitting next to my bed for 3 months now and haven't started it yet. Is it that good? 

Edited by Socrates

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I have the power of now literally siting next to my bed for 3 months now and haven't started it yet. Is it that good? 

yes. it is THAT good. but you cannot just read it. you have to practice what he says with all your spiritual effort.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

I don't know. There are so many good books out there. If I had to choose one I'd probably keep it simple and pick a good translation of the Heart Sutra.

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

I have the power of now literally sitting next to my bed for 3 months now and haven't started it yet. Is it that good? 

Holy Jesus that's good ! :D It basicly conceptualized and gives concret and simple methods that will guide you to awakening ( it also pulls up all the traps. ) :) READ IT ! :D

The Power Of Now is all you need to awaken.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Loved it. Book also has Osho's Meditation Cd

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

First spiritual book i read was story about Milarepa, eight nine years back and it still amuse me... 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi