faith

Sun Gazing

21 posts in this topic

This gentleman shares some of the benefits of sun gazing including depression and illness relief.

You have a little something on your face... :S 

3 hours ago, ashashlov said:

@Annetta I am enlightened so it doesn't bother me :P

Omg who does that. You know people have phobias

@ashashlov haha, you're having too much fun. Maybe you got that idea from me ...yooohooo

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@ashashlov Doesn't bother me, either, I like bugs.  Just thought I'd let you know. :P 

Interesting, someone told me about it just a few minutes ago, seems like it is somehow trending?

I'll try it out. Does someone here already have a sun gazing practise in place?

Glory to Israel

@ashashlov @Scholar I just started this, only at around 3 minutes so far so I can't really say what the effects will be. But I'm excited to see the possibilities.

13 hours ago, Loreena said:

Omg who does that. You know people have phobias

@ashashlov haha, you're having too much fun. Maybe you got that idea from me ...yooohooo

I wish I could get one where an actual spider jumps at you like a virtual reality type of thing :P 

6 hours ago, Annetta said:

@ashashlov Doesn't bother me, either, I like bugs.  Just thought I'd let you know. :P 

You like bugs? O.o You strong!

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@ashashlov @Scholar I just started this, only at around 3 minutes so far so I can't really say what the effects will be. But I'm excited to see the possibilities.

Awesome. Please let us know how it goes.

@ashashlov I spent my summers in the deserts of Arizona, a lot of bugs there.  Look at this beauty!
 o.jpg
It's a cobalt blue tarantula.  Not mine, but I always wanted one... :D 

@egoeimai Most spiders are harmless. :D 

@ashashlov Little bit, but it won't kill you, just leaves a nasty sting.  They are kind of nervous, too.  Not for beginners.  Never owned one, so might start w/ a rosehair first and see if I like 'm.  You like spiders?

Yes,

I never kill them. Always make sure to take them outside. People don't understand. I think most people just kill them if they see them. But I reckon they want to live too. Why destroy?

I wouldn't mind to have that purple one in my room somewhere. Preferably in a terrarium. Don't want him crawling up my leg at night. xD 

Just a heads up , there was a documentary about this where the film maker was a trusting participant in following Hira Ratan Manek's  (HRM a famous sun gazer) method. Which builds up to like 30 minutes of sun gazing. He ended up getting eye damage. And HRM was caught being a chronic liar. I don't mean to throw the baby out with the bath water. There may be great benefit yet, but tread relatively carefully. And watch out for HRM.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I do it sometimes but never really follow the daily practice, i like to look at the lovely red sunset for a minute or so while sipping on a nice beverage then sitting back closing my eyes 5-10 minutes in meditation and allowing its energy to sink in. I feel very empowered by it especially when paired with our infinite imagination.

B R E A T H E

It would be interesting to observe whether animals look at sunsets and sunrisings. We as humans naturally find sunsets very attracting, or in other words beautiful. In an evolutionary sense what we find beautiful is what helps us to survive or procreate. If you don't tell a child not too look at a sunset, will he naturally have a tendency to do so?

I can't find any studies on this topic. But this might be one of the many areas where human ignorance is confused with human knowledge. We have no systemic model of how the human body and mind works whatsoever, and yet people claim to be experts, dismissing little details that might be essential. Sometimes it suprises me that our species is still around...

Modern scientists literally dismiss facts because they don't know how they fit in their little model of reality. We are literally going against millions of years of wisdom because we think we know better.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

On 5/4/2017 at 8:22 AM, ashashlov said:

Yes,

I never kill them. Always make sure to take them outside. People don't understand. I think most people just kill them if they see them. But I reckon they want to live too. Why destroy?

I wouldn't mind to have that purple one in my room somewhere. Preferably in a terrarium. Don't want him crawling up my leg at night. xD 

You copycat >:(. I was the first one to change my profile pic. Tryna become cute like me. xD

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena I am a guy though, I can never be cute like a girl can be, but I like anime ^.^