James123

Why do I want to use high dosage of Pychedelics all the time, how can I move on?

151 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Many, many ways.

The constant use of psychedelics will make you lose touch with reality, make you ungrounded, make you weak and avoidant of hard work, ruin your motivation for business and personal development, make you irresponsible, leads to spiritual bypassing, will ruin your physical health, will cause physical injury, and eventually suicide or death.

As I said in my traps video, unsustainable lifestyles are a trap. You cannot keep being constantly intoxicated. This will absolutely destroy your life. Stop bullshitting yourselves about this.

Just because I speak highly of psychedelics does not mean I condone such abuse of them. Many of you guys will ruin your lives if you don't wise up and get back to the fundamentals of hard work.

How can you say this after shitting on traditional paths like meditation and yoga? This is what I’ve been saying all along. Walking up the mountain builds character and integrity and also is much more enjoyable. It also allows time for integration so your baseline is closer to your peak states. 

4 hours ago, James123 said:

Rumi burns with love, but I am not sure, is it constant state or all the time? How one can reach that level of love? Enlightenment is easy. But love something that not instant realization or recognition. It is ultimate goal / purpose of life. 

Rumi also stresses the importance of feeling pain and dying into that too. Rumi is greatly misunderstood, but yes I believe you can get to mystic levels of love like Rumi was it just takes decades of devoted practice and contemplation. There’s no easy way around it. But you can experience that unconditional psychedelic love while sober. Just do a dark room retreat and see 

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

When I went through the beginning of a dark night of the soul I laid in bed for months and months and barely moved my body,  which I feel the symptoms of years after . My back is fcked '

I stopped thinking because of eastern spiritual brainwashing which turned me turned me into an animal ( no thinking , just reacting to instincts and environment) which had set me back years in development . 

My natural reward system is f*cked till this very day from 6 years ago. I have the capacity to lay in bed and bliss out as if I had archived anything in the world. What the f* can I leverage to work hard now? Archivements don't mean anything anymore.

The way I coped with this is  by finding what am I naturally drawn towards and loose myself in it, with no purpose to archive anything In specific but just enjoy doing

Sometimes I wish I hadn't found spiritually at age 18. I remember reading the title of a video called " spiritual enlightenment, the most shocking truth you will ever see ".

My mind immediately went : not yet, too soon, without knowing what it is

But curiosity kills the cat so I fell down that rabbit hole. It has been a bittersweet journey

I don’t see the problem, you’re able to lay down and bliss out while not having to do anything? What’s the issue? 

How did eastern teachings turn you into an animal?

5 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

How can you say this after shitting on traditional paths like meditation and yoga? This is what I’ve been saying all along. Walking up the mountain builds character and integrity and also is much more enjoyable. It also allows time for integration so your baseline is closer to your peak states. 

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

1 hour ago, Francis777 said:

@Leo Gura what is the degree of blissful loving states are you able to work yourself up to sober? Not just mentally but in your body, such a heightened emotion that your body completely relaxes and becomes almost "delicious" like your on mdma. Can you get something like this sober? 

Or are you not interested in it?

Absolutely, I’ve done it. The solution is to follow what works. This isn’t rocket science and there are many schools which can teach you ancient practices, tried and testing, to naturally unlock your inner bliss. 

Yogic school, kundalini yoga, Hatha yoga, meditation, contemplation, solitude and dark room retreats will help to awaken this inner deliciousness. I’ve experienced it and while it’s not as dramatic as psychedelics it’s sustainable safe and proven to work

personally I think there is a mix to be had, but if you go full sober you really learn to trust God and your practice 

Rumi also stresses the importance of feeling pain and dying into that too. Rumi is greatly misunderstood, but yes I believe you can get to mystic levels of love like Rumi was it just takes decades of devoted practice and contemplation. There’s no easy way around it. But you can experience that unconditional psychedelic love while sober. Just do a dark room retreat and see 

I stayed in darkness and silence for months. I feel love during the day more than most of spiritual people but not as much as Pychedelic trips or Rumi. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Absolutely, I’ve done it. The solution is to follow what works. This isn’t rocket science and there are many schools which can teach you ancient practices, tried and testing, to naturally unlock your inner bliss. 

Yogic school, kundalini yoga, Hatha yoga, meditation, contemplation, solitude and dark room retreats will help to awaken this inner deliciousness. I’ve experienced it and while it’s not as dramatic as psychedelics it’s sustainable safe and proven to work

personally I think there is a mix to be had, but if you go full sober you really learn to trust God and your practice 

Yeah I can do it too, I was just wondering because Leo always explains his states as only mentally serene and that there's nothing "tactile" in the bliss, which confuses me if that's the case, but he probably just doesn't talk about it as there's not much to say really, it just feels good.

My best sober states have been very close to as good as some of my amazing psychedelic ones, but it was never through any typical "no mind" meditation practise. It was always through very prolonged and intensely vivid romantic visualisation, Not just sexual, but like very creatively intimate scenes. It takes some getting to but eventually my body just completely surrenders and its like I'm getting drip fed serotonin.

Posted (edited)

@BlessedLion if you don't see the problem then you don't understand the basics of being alive. Imagine if you're could lie in your bed permanently hooked on  heroine high without drug side effects. It feels good, cool, but the very basics of life requiere work. And if you want a good life, blissing out is  a counter productive temptation 

It turned me into an animal in the sense that I felt such a deep sense of confusion and lack of ground, combined with the despiteful attitude towards " thinking" from eastern spirituallity, that I barely thought about anything and just reacted to my environment and emotions, almost like a chimp. The good life requires planning, strategizing, long term thinking, willpower, avoiding traps, etc

Edited by mmKay

Feral Buddhist Critter 

7 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@BlessedLion if you don't see the problem then you don't understand the basics of being alive

It turned me into an animal in the sense that I felt such a deep sense of confusion and lack of ground, combined with the despiteful attitude towards " thinking" from eastern spirituallity, that I barely thought about anything and just reacted to my environment and emotions, almost like a chimp. The good life requires planning, strategizing, long term thinking, willpower, avoiding traps, etc

Yeah I've never understood that about eastern spirituality, your thoughts are the best bit about being a human when they're good but they just tell you "let them pass".. Makes 0 sense. Let the bad ones pass, enjoy the good ones.

2 hours ago, Francis777 said:

@Leo Gura what is the degree of blissful loving states are you able to work yourself up to sober? Not just mentally but in your body, such a heightened emotion that your body completely relaxes and becomes almost "delicious" like your on mdma. Can you get something like this sober? 

It is possible to reach those states ''sober". However, when you reach those states you lose motivation to do Earthly things. 

Your physiological motivation system is wired in such a way that it tricks you into going out in the world to get the happiness you seek. 

Once you realize that happiness is always within you, you have no desire to go out into the world. :) 

@Leo Gura you've probably tripped a thousand times by now. Do you feel like it had any effect on your cognitive functions?

@Francis777 if you don't understand the mechanisms of your mind and are lost in monkey-mind, then it's an useful practice

Feral Buddhist Critter 

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

Doing nothing feels blissfull. Working hard and doing chores feels like a grind (duh) which makes me rather not do anything. I can train myself to enjoy that as well but it doesn't come as natural as when doing nothing 

Then again I intuit my potential and feel guilty  about wasting my life because I realize than there are more rewarding things in life than feeling blissful 

Then again when these emotions arise I can release them and feel blissful again

Maybe your brain is just naturally wired to be more on the lazy and complacant side.

Maybe you are just not a very ambitious and hard-working person at your core.

Perhaps, the whole reason you got into spirituality and deeply resonated with it to begin with, was this very reason.

I have been deep into spirituality from 17 years onwards. Honestly more like when I was 10 years old, I had some sort of solipsistic awakening and started asking questions about solipsism when I was like 6-8 years old.

I remember realizing that my best friene can’t see my thoughts and I had an existential crisis from it lol. Spend the following years trying to understand it.

But anyway, I’ve exerienced a ton of bliss from the spiritual work, from doing nothing, and from letting go of desires and goals - yet I always find myself back in the world working hard, deeply developing myself & creating massive value and beauty for the world.

I just love the vision and beauty of my life purpose, which requires an audacity that only a highly ambitious person dares to have.

The point is: hard-working and ambitious is deeply wired into the core of my brain. It doesnt take me effort to work hard. It takes me effort to sit still, do nothing and be useless for the world.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

I am in love again. This song is the definition of love. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

@Francis777 if you don't understand the mechanisms of your mind and are lost in monkey-mind, then it's an useful practice

of course, but they take it to the extreme and kill the zest of life

2 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

It is possible to reach those states ''sober". However, when you reach those states you lose motivation to do Earthly things. 

Your physiological motivation system is wired in such a way that it tricks you into going out in the world to get the happiness you seek. 

Once you realize that happiness is always within you, you have no desire to go out into the world. :) 

I don't, you get bored of them quick. Suppose it depends on your personality, I'm creative so I couldn't just sit doing nothing all day, regardless of how good it feels.

4 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

How can you say this after shitting on traditional paths like meditation and yoga?

Because meditation and yoga cannot do what psychedelics can do.

But I have always been for the fundamentals of hard work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Read the book Siddhartha by Herman Hesse and understand what he means when he embraces the childlike people.

Learn to enjoy the 'mundane' day to day, and try to see the mystical in everyday life. Get attatched to something, as contraintuitive as that may sound.

This book will be perfect for you, and it will take just 2 afternoons to finish it.

Can be very eye opening for people addicted to spirituality.

11 hours ago, James123 said:

Hello everyone. I use pychedelics all the time, but I feel like I am addicted. Specially, shrooms. I use minimum 8 gr dried between 10 gr dried. Moreover, I use dmt and sometimes LSD. I want to use more and more. Why? I always feel it is not enough and love is amazing. 

When I take 1.5g shrooms i already feel like I'm orbiting earth and if I would take more I would be shot into space. What are your trips like?

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Leo's point was never about what is healthy, but about metaphysical truth. You're not "supposed" to take psychedelics, and that is what makes it possible to access such deep truths and experiences with it, just like scuba diving down in the mariana trench will show you creatures you're not supposed to see, but have been existing all this time. Of course it's not healthy, but staying snorkling at the beach won't teach you truths about the depths of the ocean. I don't really get how you don't get this; clearly you are one of the most "liberated" people on this forum with sober bliss and mental stability, and freedom from mind. I don't see why you have to link liberation with gnosticism; the attainment of metaphysical insight.

Edited by Bandman