LowPlanetary

How Do I Transcend Social Conditioning?

19 posts in this topic

I feel like i'm just blindly following society, even though i believe (not entirely sure if it's authentic/intrinsic because all i can say is that it feels authentic/intrinsic) i know what i personally want. 

I want to pursue art or music as life time careers, and will hopefully be directly linked to a life purpose that i hope to soon properly discover, but the people around me consider it to be just a hobby and say that i should pursue a career more academic as that is supposedly "safer". All of this social conditioning and peer pressure has got me anxious and made me sacrifice a lot of my own passions in order to build the safety net. 

Since i don't actually know what the future holds for me so sometimes i think that it's safer to follow what everyone else tells me, and me pursuing a creative job is just me feeling entitled to a passionate and joy filled life when really that's just a fantasy for most, and is also just me being spoilt.   

Most of the time i don't believe this but it still leads to procrastination because i'm battling with many people's points of views at once, and both have reasons to be correct and both have reasons to be wrong, therefore leading to a stand still.

I want to say to myself to just follow my heart, but i don't want to just ignore pragmatism. But is following the herd really pragmatic? I'm feel quite confused right now.

This is your life. No one is coming to help you.

No one will have the consequences of your decisions except for you. 

Do what you came here to do.

None of this matter is real. You are real.

Listen to yourself. 

Don't listen to others who don't listen to their higher self. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The problem is that i can't bring myself to trust myself. 

How can i be confident in my own beliefs and have faith in myself? 

Also how do i know if the other person is not listening to their higher self?

Aren't mentors a useful asset when making decisions? 

Or should i just focus on developing my intuition? I've watched the video on intuition but i think i'm going to have to watch it again since i'm not completely sure how to actually hear the "voice"/feeling of intuition. 

Cut out most if not all social media and devices for a little while and let go of society's expectations, sooner or later you will find yourself :) and your authenticity once again. Meditate, get out in nature, try a psychedelic, do something new but odd, something a child would do but not a typical adult.

You will eventually notice how much of a huge impact society's ways has on your subconscious. That's the trick of the universe, you must completely trust and surrender to all that is in order flow with it and that is when the universe takes care of you.

Soon as you get used to it, it eventually becomes effortless.

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, LowPlanetary said:

The problem is that i can't bring myself to trust myself. 

Take the life in sip by sip, without any rush. In your case, it seems that you need more 'doing':  testing and tasting life.

Do it as much as risk-free at first: join some art courses/activities, volunteer in the subjects you like and observe yourself while doing so, it'll create a little bit of an idea about yourself.

Then take very small risks by really thinking about it clearly beforehand, consider yourself doing it just to see yourself in action, and consciously shoot for a mess up, then come back and sit, analyze it. Go for another little experience trip. Rinse and repeat. This might help you build self trust.

How to decide what to choose, when to choose:

That's one of the hardest tasks.

Aren't mentors a useful asset when making decisions? 

No. A good mentor will gonna annoy the shit of you by stubbornly not giving you any single clue about what your decisions gonna be like.  (They might teach you some good tools to how to make a decision, but they won't decide anything FOR you) Generally that's the time all of your dragon fights with your parental figures gonna come up to the surface. Most likely you'll bag people to give you some pointers for your decisions; but just don't do that go home, suffer alone and pick one whatever the fuck "YOU" decided thing and know that all of the shit that comes with it, is on "YOU"

That's the major reason we don't want to take decisions on our own, but there is no other way around. That's why go little by little; bit by bit; sip by sip. 

Also how do i know if the other person is not listening to their higher self?

You know where the other is, simply by knowing where you are yourself.

For Intuition,   you need to know little bit more about yourself, about life which requires to go out there, and get messy on the field... even just that most likely gonna teach you, some accurate facts to your bones... after getting rid of being immature about living the life then it can be the time about intuition.

And remember the most confident looking ones don't born that way, every one starts very immature, very naif. That's the way it is. You need to be willing to get messy with the life business, then I assure you things change on the way.@LowPlanetary

Edited by Sevi

@LowPlanetary I play the harmonium and the DJ and that's the one thing I would choose from all other beautiful things in life. I believe its my life purpose but I also know that to live in mundane world I need to be able to pay my bills. Listen to your parents. If you don't like you parents' plan for you then make a plan for yourself and show the details to them. 

My parents wanted me to be an engineer because their colleague's kids did the same. But I made them talk to my counselor who explained to them about my plans. I also make my parents attend college events where they speak to college reps to know more about the realistic part of my career plan.?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Thank you all so much for the advice, i really appreciate it. I guess it all comes down to strategizing and making lots of mistakes in order to learn from them. Thank you so much.

12 hours ago, pluto said:

Cut out most if not all social media and devices for a little while and let go of society's expectations, sooner or later you will find yourself :) and your authenticity once again. Meditate, get out in nature, try a psychedelic, do something new but odd, something a child would do but not a typical adult.

You will eventually notice how much of a huge impact society's ways has on your subconscious. That's the trick of the universe, you must completely trust and surrender to all that is in order flow with it and that is when the universe takes care of you.

Soon as you get used to it, it eventually becomes effortless.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "all that is in order and flow with it". What am i exactly flowing with? I guess you mean my intuition, but i just want to make sure. Thank you for the advice as well, i will definitely try to start distancing myself from social media, news and people, very good advice. 

@LowPlanetary Anyone that says "be realistic" when they attempt to squash your beautiful dreams is likely not listening to their higher-self....and you likely won't be able to convince them to do so....but what you CAN do is to start listening to your own higher-self...and the confidence, bravery, etc will  come, as your passion trumps any fears! Yes, intuition...it's one of the best tools for self-trust...mastery wouldn't hurt either...lol...

On 4/18/2017 at 8:24 PM, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@LowPlanetary Anyone that says "be realistic" when they attempt to squash your beautiful dreams is likely not listening to their higher-self....and you likely won't be able to convince them to do so....but what you CAN do is to start listening to your own higher-self...and the confidence, bravery, etc will  come, as your passion trumps any fears! Yes, intuition...it's one of the best tools for self-trust...mastery wouldn't hurt either...lol...

Very true, thank you also for the advice. :)

Be. Weird. Break the norm.

Do not follow. Only show your truer self. Higher cellf.. We are cells.

Be who you want to become. Not what.? What who am i? Yes who will mold you.. 

Mold or create you. Not them or want of those. Social.

Be social but create your authentic value. 

I am not who you think i am. I am being most incredible. I am mycellf this i love. Most can not except you for this.

I am love. I love you. I love myself.

I have this my self i have you. You have this this is our cellf. Remember who you or i am.

?

@LowPlanetary

On 4/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, LowPlanetary said:

I feel like i'm just blindly following society, even though i believe (not entirely sure if it's authentic/intrinsic because all i can say is that it feels authentic/intrinsic) i know what i personally want. 

I want to pursue art or music as life time careers, and will hopefully be directly linked to a life purpose that i hope to soon properly discover, but the people around me consider it to be just a hobby and say that i should pursue a career more academic as that is supposedly "safer". All of this social conditioning and peer pressure has got me anxious and made me sacrifice a lot of my own passions in order to build the safety net. 

Since i don't actually know what the future holds for me so sometimes i think that it's safer to follow what everyone else tells me, and me pursuing a creative job is just me feeling entitled to a passionate and joy filled life when really that's just a fantasy for most, and is also just me being spoilt.   

Most of the time i don't believe this but it still leads to procrastination because i'm battling with many people's points of views at once, and both have reasons to be correct and both have reasons to be wrong, therefore leading to a stand still.

I want to say to myself to just follow my heart, but i don't want to just ignore pragmatism. But is following the herd really pragmatic? I'm feel quite confused right now.

Hope this helps. Here's how this reads to me:

I know what I want.

I'm considering ignoring it and listening to other people.

I don't meditate every morning, so my inner voice and the voices of others are all on equal ground, making it hard to choose.

And the part about you sometimes feeling entitled to a passionate joy filled life when that's really just a fantasy for most - what the fuck did you do this life for if it isn't passion and joy? Seriously, who are you listening to???? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

@LowPlanetary

Hope this helps. Here's how this reads to me:

I know what I want.

I'm considering ignoring it and listening to other people.

I don't meditate every morning, so my inner voice and the voices of others are all on equal ground, making it hard to choose.

And the part about you sometimes feeling entitled to a passionate joy filled life when that's really just a fantasy for most - what the fuck did you do this life for if it isn't passion and joy? Seriously, who are you listening to???? 

Thank you for the comment. I do regular daily meditation, 20 minutes a day, maybe i need to do more. But i guess the issue is based around me just not having confidence, i'll work on it.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:02 AM, SLICKHAWK said:

Be. Weird. Break the norm.

Do not follow. Only show your truer self. Higher cellf.. We are cells.

Be who you want to become. Not what.? What who am i? Yes who will mold you.. 

Mold or create you. Not them or want of those. Social.

Be social but create your authentic value. 

I am not who you think i am. I am being most incredible. I am mycellf this i love. Most can not except you for this.

I am love. I love you. I love myself.

I have this my self i have you. You have this this is our cellf. Remember who you or i am.

?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, but i think your saying in order to transcend social conditioning i just need to develop self love, which makes sense thank you for the advice.

You have to:

• Accept being the weirdo.
  • Accept being an outcast.
  • Accept being alone (if necessary).
  • Accept pain.
  • Accept that you're addicted to stimulation.
  • Accept that it could takes years of suffering and struggle to get out of it.

Good luck, and have fun !

No seriously, good luck, this is heavy shit, getting out of this western culture is just so damn hard and counter-intuitive.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 4/18/2017 at 11:54 PM, LowPlanetary said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "all that is in order and flow with it". What am i exactly flowing with? I guess you mean my intuition, but i just want to make sure. Thank you for the advice as well, i will definitely try to start distancing myself from social media, news and people, very good advice. 

Trust that everything as a part of creation is already perfect just the way it is, that there is already a divine order that spirals in play way beyond our understanding and once you completely trust in life and all it has to offer and totally accepting of "all that is" and all that presents itself in your life/reality is the moment you will be flowing with the harmonic primal/universal energy. Once you are in that flow(so to speak) everything takes care of itself :)

Sorry if its a little deep, its just what i am receiving at the moment but i am getting the signal you will understand at the level required one way or another. All the best

B R E A T H E

On 4/18/2017 at 0:53 AM, LowPlanetary said:

I feel like i'm just blindly following society

The problem is, you have to bring the child up, and somebody has to take care, and whoever is going to take care is going to, knowingly or unknowingly, condition the mind of the child. It is not a question that you have to program consciously. There is no possibility of anybody being brought up unprogrammed. 

In that thought-less state of mind there is no conditioning. Only meditation can uncondition you. You are a conditioned mechanism. Only through meditation is there a possibility to uncondition the mind. Only a meditator goes beyond conditioning. Why? Because every conditioning works through thoughts. If you feel you are a Buddhist , what is it? ― a cluster of thoughts given to you when you were not even aware of what was being given to you. A cluster of thoughts and you are a Christian, a Catholic, a Protestant. Only in meditation thoughts dissolve ― all thoughts. You become thought-less. In that thought-less state of mind there is no conditioning: you are no longer a Hindu, nor a Christian, nor a Communist, nor a Fascist. You are no longer anybody ― you are simply yourself. For the first time all conditioning has been dropped. You are out of the prison. 

There is only one possibility: that is individual flowering of no-mind. You attain to thoughtlessness. then nobody can condition you, then all conditionings drop. Then, for the first time, you are free. Then the whole space is yours: without any limitations, without any walls, in life you move, you live, you love, you rejoice, you delight.

@LowPlanetary Leo has good vids that can help you answer your questions. Check these out, among others:

Lifestyle Minimalism - Renouncing Your Busy Stupid Life

30 Ways Scociety F's You In the Ass

A Rant Against Culture

How to Deal With Confusion

Dropping the Roles You Play