Javfly33

I have mild withdrawal symptoms every morning of COFFE

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have gone back to a more consistent intake of daily coffee due to trying to being more productive at work.

I noticed when I wake up something 'feels off in my body. 

Is a kinda of physical uneasiness unexplainable , which I absolutely don´t experience the previous day at the afternoon or dinner. 

Also I sleep well so that's not the issue.

The thing is... I find a very intense drive towards the first thing doing in the morning is making my coffee...

And when I take a few sips...voilà, magically I feel 'FINE' or 'RIGHT'.

So yeah, this is physical dependence, is not a 'coincidence' that the first thing you want to do in the morning is a coffee. That´s the drive of the body to ease and eliminate the withdrawal. 

Know that while you are judging other people that might be hooked in other things, you are hooked to coffee if you are taking it daily. 

And let me tell you, after having quit certain drugs that people think they are 'so difficult to quit', I find caffeine extremely sneaky and hard to quit. 

Edited by Javfly33

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

The fact that coffee is normalized and ingrained into work culture makes it doubly hard to quit I bet.

I'm glad I don't drink coffee personally.

I’ve also noticed the same thing over the last year or so @Javfly33.

My aim is to reduce my caffeine intake to one cup a day, and then to one cup before exercise. Then the final hurdle is to give it up completely.

Ever tried Maca powder?

Why so serious?

7 hours ago, Basman said:

The fact that coffee is normalized and ingrained into work culture makes it doubly hard to quit I bet.

I'm glad I don't drink coffee personally.

yes most people don´t see it as a drug

6 hours ago, QVx said:

I’ve also noticed the same thing over the last year or so @Javfly33.

My aim is to reduce my caffeine intake to one cup a day, and then to one cup before exercise. Then the final hurdle is to give it up completely.

Is kinda 'easy' to reduce it to just one cup a day, quitting that one is the final hurdle for sure.

i did it in the past, it takes about 3 weeks to feel normal and with energy, is crazy 

4 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Ever tried Maca powder?

yeah, is nice, probably would be a good idea to incorporate it and reduce a bit the caffeine

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

Coffee has no effect on me, up or down.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maca is great but too powerful for me. I can’t drink maca and just sit. It is a great pre workout drink. 

Posted (edited)

@Javfly33 try green tea or Yerba Mate. They work even better for me than coffee ( they have more compounds like L-theanine) and the withdrawal is way , way milder or non existent.

You can leverage stimulants. They are not all evil .

I rely on strong green tea and modafinil for productivity as I battle chronic fatigue. I do take time off here and there and prepare myself to suffer the withdraw ( it's not that dramatic really) and the productivity boost is worth it and almost necessary

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

Caffeine by Michael Pollan, recommended audiobook.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Has it always been this way? When I was on my third day of water fast coffee had no effect on me anymore because of adrenal exhaustion ( it feels like a specific kind of fatigue) 

This is the specific supplement that is recommended by Andy Cutler for adrenal support and it works wonders on me, and even more so while chelating 

Thorne Adrenal Cortex Extract

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, mmKay said:

Has it always been this way?

I think it's a genetic thing. There are genes for the metabolism of caffeine so you cannot assume everyone metabolizes it the same way.

Edited by Leo Gura

I've started drinking coffee/hot milk for the first time and to replace 1 meal of 2 meals because I'm poor, 1.5 euro budget down from 3 euro, down from 6.5 euro further back plus 35% inflation over the years but since I'm taking vitamin 12/6 which is 11 cents it became tolerable except for the winter, coffee/milk makes me calm and focused and I can even drink it right before bed so far but it's probably unhealthy in some way.

On 13/05/2024 at 8:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

Not sure if that’s a blessing or a curse!

On 13/05/2024 at 7:10 PM, Javfly33 said:

Is kinda 'easy' to reduce it to just one cup a day, quitting that one is the final hurdle for sure.

i did it in the past, it takes about 3 weeks to feel normal and with energy, is crazy

I went almost three weeks to no avail. I may try switching that last cup with a cup of green tea or two before the final leap.

My biggest struggle is that I’ve used caffeine in significant doses for weight training and my body has become so accustomed to it.

Fortunately, it’s just a psychological barrier with the weight training so it’s coming to that acceptance that the weight or volume is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, QVx said:

Not sure if that’s a blessing or a curse!

I am pretty happy that I cannot get addicted to caffeine.

@Javfly33 even I was at your position. Caffeine creates a lot of stress and dependency, when u I use to wake up my head use to pain, it was hard to even get up. I decided to try herbal tea ie ginger tea. And yeah it's much easier to quit caffeine through this. Try it.

Not addicted to coffee but it takes the shit out of me [literally]. It affects me strongly, almost gives me mild anxiety. I also have schizo in family, I suppose if I take any psychadelic ever it would blast me beyond the multiverse.

8 hours ago, QVx said:

I went almost three weeks to no avail. I may try switching that last cup with a cup of green tea or two before the final leap.

My biggest struggle is that I’ve used caffeine in significant doses for weight training and my body has become so accustomed to it.

Fortunately, it’s just a psychological barrier with the weight training so it’s coming to that acceptance that the weight or volume is irrelevant.

Yes, the psychological barrier is very important.

Have you tried with caffeinated drinks instead?  

Some of them are not carbonated and just have normal sugar which you Will burn in the weight' training anyway

I say It because they usually dont have such a stimulant Kick as coffee does so It would be easier to taper (i did this when i quit coffee 2 months)

On 13/5/2024 at 9:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

WoW how is that possible. Myself after decade drinking coffee i can feel the rush with every cup every morning

On 14/5/2024 at 11:35 AM, mmKay said:

Has it always been this way? When I was on my third day of water fast coffee had no effect on me anymore because of adrenal exhaustion ( it feels like a specific kind of fatigue) 

This is the specific supplement that is recommended by Andy Cutler for adrenal support and it works wonders on me, and even more so while chelating 

Thorne Adrenal Cortex Extract

Now that i think about my mom drinks coffee but she says she can drink a cup at 10pm and go to sleep by 11.30pm lol

Posted (edited)

My first cup after having quitted for a couple weeks was one of the best ones I've ever have.

Pollan drinks once a week, if I recall correctly. That might be a good option for you.

Edited by UnbornTao

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Yes, the psychological barrier is very important.

Have you tried with caffeinated drinks instead?  

Some of them are not carbonated and just have normal sugar which you Will burn in the weight' training anyway

I say It because they usually dont have such a stimulant Kick as coffee does so It would be easier to taper (i did this when i quit coffee 2 months)

Wasn’t a fan of caffeinated drinks or pre workout either.

The core issue is simply quitting caffeine.

I have become a lot more conscious of how I feel when under the influence of caffeine which is helping with me becoming less psychologically bound.

I bought some green tea today so I may try and switch over to a few cups of that and see if that makes a difference.