Heaven

Islam = the biggest cult in the world

88 posts in this topic

I have heard that Muslims are chill in Turkey and friendly to non Muslims.   Most of the extremists Muslims are actually a direct response to the legacy of oppression and colonialism.  It is really more political than religious.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, Nemra said:

That makes sense as it can be used to unify people under some ideas in harsh conditions, regardless of people being brainwashed.

The question is: Will religion exist if people live in better places? If so, for how long?

Do you think that when conditions get better, religions only have the brainwashing aspect?

Religions might disappear once an all inclusive, open minded, spiritual oriented lifestyle takes the place of religion.

There will be always a need for hope, even if a country becomes rich, for being rich doesn't free you from your suffering. And hence religions will continue to exist, for the sake of hope in duration of suffering, and brain washing will exist as well as a result.

But a truly developed nation, one in which humanity becomes the ultimate goal, the one where equality, compassion, gratitude, selflessness and love takes the center stage, religions will either disappear entirely or lose their relevance completely, as they survive based on these concepts as their base.

On 29/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, Heaven said:

Isn’t it clear how brainwashed they are?

How close minded they can be?

Cults are to be eliminated and addressed for what it is.

Why in the 21st century religion still exists or given that amount of power?

All religions are cults, even Judaism. Some of those American, Christian type religions are weird AF  too.. they have taken Jesus to a whole different level of cray cray.

On 28/04/2024 at 6:06 PM, Heaven said:

Isn’t it clear how brainwashed they are?

How close minded they can be?

Cults are to be eliminated and addressed for what it is.

Why in the 21st century religion still exists or given that amount of power?

Probably why Andrew Tate converted 😅

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would this event be an example of Islam coltishness?

11 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

I have heard that Muslims are chill in Turkey and friendly to non Muslims.   Most of the extremists Muslims are actually a direct response to the legacy of oppression and colonialism.  It is really more political than religious.  

That's because there is no such thing as "Islam", it is divided into multiple sects, each of which has many sub-sects
There is Sunni Islam (most common, has tendency to turn into Wahabism which is how terrorists happen), Shia Islam (these guys have a lot of different beliefs)
These are the main two sects, each of which has their own sub-sects
and they have been fighting for centuries

There is also Sufism, the spiritual part of Islam, which is more of a "way" rather than a "sect", it is a path that can be undertaken within Sunni or Shia Islam, but most Sufi's are Sunni's, but most Sunni's actually consider both Sufi's and Shia "Kufar" which is the Arabic word for disbeliever that will go to hell
Anyways, both Sunni's and Shia's and even Sufi's (much less), have caused a lot of bloodshed, Especially Sunni's I believe (though Sunni's will tell you the opposite, both sides suck tbh so don't listen to either)
Turkey is where most Sufi Muslims are, and it is also one of the few Muslim countries that's considered first world, which is why I think it is more peaceful in terms of Islam.

To be honest, as someone who grew up in a Muslim country and family, I would say it is extremely hard to get how complicated, rich and nuanced Islam is to a westerner.
Even if you study all the literature, which is extremely dense, complicated, and branched, each sect and sub-sect has it's own philosophers, thinkers, history, and debatable matters, and not knowing Arabic makes it much harder to really get Islam, a lot gets lost in translation, especially the Quran, as well as most literature is not translated to English.

Just to get a sense of how complicated Islamic literature and theology, most Muslims nowadays themselves have little knowledge about it, the scholars understand it well though, even the Quran which is Arabic, is pretty hard to get for typical modern Muslims because our language is different nowadays (Shakespeare English vs. nowadays English)

In the Islamic golden age, most of this started, each sect and school of thought bread so many philosophers, Sheikhs, and thinkers, each of which have written extremely dense books, usually many volumes in Shakespeare style hard Arabic, and they all fought with each other.
Islamic golden age, there was a more accurate map of the world than a few hundred years ago, Algebra was introduced for the first time, they developed trigonometry and refined the decimal system, they had accurate measurement of the earth's circumference, they discovered the circulatory system, they invented water clocks and automata, philosophers like Avicenna and Al-Farabi were as important and influential as Plato,  they had extremely beautiful poetry, especially Sufis like Rumi, they established Alchemy, all of this was in 8th to 13th century, where Europe was still in the "dark ages".

of course nowadays Arabs are much less developed, because they are clinging to Islam so hard as a dogma, Islam by it's very nature refuses to change, if you change Islam, or try to make it more "modern", you are basically a disbeliever by traditional Islam, most people here are extremely brainwashed, for example, they think doing philosophy or thinking is wrong because it might make you doubt Islam.

they either give up on Islam, or make it more developed, which will contradict the original Islam.

I think they are just quite young religion - Islam is 1400 years old, christianity some 2000 years, judaism 3500, buddhism some 2500, but now with many connections to older religions, hinduism some 5000-6000 (but Buddhism has a strong connection to this, and took this experience into account).

As a youngest religion, relatively Islam is 600 years younger than christianity - at that age, christianity had crusades, the first pope was starting his job, and the inquisition was about to be established. We can see there were no atheist ideas, not much philosophy and it was very radical following of God.

Judaism seems to have less problems, around this age they were fighting free from slavery and building their first systematized codecs. Still I think it was more traditional and dogmatic period; Kabballah was emerging around this time, which is probably their newer and more enlightened form?

@tvaeli

47 minutes ago, tvaeli said:

I think they are just quite young religion - Islam is 1400 years old, christianity some 2000 years, judaism 3500, buddhism some 2500, but now with many connections to older religions, hinduism some 5000-6000 (but Buddhism has a strong connection to this, and took this experience into account).

As a youngest religion, relatively Islam is 600 years younger than christianity - at that age, christianity had crusades, the first pope was starting his job, and the inquisition was about to be established. We can see there were no atheist ideas, not much philosophy and it was very radical following of God.

Judaism seems to have less problems, around this age they were fighting free from slavery and building their first systematized codecs. Still I think it was more traditional and dogmatic period; Kabballah was emerging around this time, which is probably their newer and more enlightened form?

True, so generally Islam is the youngest orthodox religion, next is Christianity, next is Judaism, then Buddhism is next although Confucianism/Taoism maybe earlier, Hinduism technically being the oldest, but actually Zoroastrianism is THE OLDEST RELIGION BY FAR, with some paganist religions in between Zoroastrianism and Hinduism.

Yes, Christianity had the crusades but for good reasons why the Pope and Catholics wanted it to happen:

A while ago, I was looking here and there on YouTube Short and I regularly came across imams.
It was often basically "According to x hadith, if you turn three times quoting x recitation after the prayer you earn 10 hassanates!"

It doesn't sound like something high-minded and intelligent in general, which is reason enough to be wary of typical Sunni Islamic orthodoxy.
In other words, the Islam of most practitioners.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

OP should study history.

Islamic rulers have always been less abusive with power than Western. Most dictators and tyrants have come out of the West and then ended up killing their own populations. What you see in the Middle East now isn't that accurate of the mindset because now they are just desperate and willing to do anything to get invaders (Western nations) off their lands. Don't forget how western nations reacted after their lands were invaded (9/11 and oct 7). 

Islam is the future thankfully. If other religions want to compete they will have to compete and not just cry about it. Atheism included 

Development doesn't mean that you guys are good people. The atomic bomb is a highly developed invention but that doesn't mean they are smart for building it. I think you guys get impressed by shiny objects too much. Everyone in the world knows that Americans are very easily brainwashed to believe anything. Islamophia is one of those things 

Edited by Twentyfirst

Posted (edited)

Let's not forget that you guys have a huge dating and mating problem. Along with a birth rate problem. Why are the people who don't even have the basic natural functions trying to judge others? Maybe you guys should figure out step ONE before moving onto other steps. I know every ancestor before me some of ya'll don't even know your OWN DADS!!!! But you can keep your iPhones and fast food technologies and hold onto them as tightly as you can hahaha. Truth hurts!

Edited by Twentyfirst

5 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

OP should study history.

Islamic rulers have always been less abusive with power than Western. Most dictators and tyrants have come out of the West and then ended up killing their own populations. 

Idi amin, Sadam, Gaddafi. are few from last 25 years. There where many more in past if you look at Indian subcontinent, iraq. Etc

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Twentyfirst Sorry, your post screams unconsciousness and egocentrism, your viewpoint is the not the problem, just the way you are handling it, try to cultivate understanding rather than judgement.
I am Arab too but I think this is just silly, there are pro's and con's, Western society did the right step of removing religion, but they didn't put anything in it's place to guide people, so most people are lost, while we are still following religion blindly.
The next step for the west is education system and teaching people to make their own principles, values, and meaning, because all those fell apart for most people when religion was removed.

13 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Idi amin, Sadam, Gaddafi. are few from last 25 years. There where many more in past if you look at Indian subcontinent, iraq. Etc

How many people did they kill? How many of other nations did they destroy? 

12 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Twentyfirst Sorry, your post screams unconsciousness and egocentrism, your viewpoint is the not the problem, just the way you are handling it, try to cultivate understanding rather than judgement.
I am Arab too but I think this is just silly, there are pro's and con's, Western society did the right step of removing religion, but they didn't put anything in it's place to guide people, so most people are lost, while we are still following religion blindly.
The next step for the west is education system and teaching people to make their own principles, values, and meaning, because all those fell apart for most people when religion was removed.

Your post is egocentric. You automatically assume that removing religion was correct and you assume that everyone is on the same page as you. You don't like it when people bring religion to you but I am supposed to like it when you bring atheism to me? 

They did replace religion already. Woke, feminism, LGBTQ, government, money, independence (selfishness), and pleasure are the new religions. Am I wrong? 

Before asking the Middle East to let go of things (religion, extremism, dogma) maybe the West should let go of all its problems first