Davino

Fluoride toothpaste gives me brainfog. Non-Fluoride toothpastes gives me cavities

53 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Have you ever had a pet cat?

Yeah, for the moment five. I love cats. Do you like cats too?

I sometimes think you may have a cat at home

In the wild, animals have less teeth problems because their diets have no sugar nor refined carbs. All teeth are genetically adapted to only be good for a certain type of diet. Outside that they start to fail.

When I was investigating, they said that animals had teeth problem when they changed diets or ate things they were not used to. Otherwise, they learnt self cleaning methods that were good enough to survive for their lifespan

If you are prone to cavities the best thing to do is to get your molars sealed by the dentist. This sealing makes cavities nearly impossible.

I'm certainly gonna check this

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Siamese cats have big teeth problems.

Oh, I didn't know that. Siamese cats definetely have many health issues. My youngest cat is siamese, she's a fucking wild beastxD Yet so sweet and loving. She just has two modes, war and love.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

You know I was just kidding. My sense of humor is of a different breed, like the British. 

That joke was very good.

Didn't you like my Koan joke?

10 minutes ago, Davino said:

I have a fucking electric sonic toothbrush and a professional dentist water jet.

I don't even do any of this fancy stuff. I just mouthwash, brush, tongue and Jaws, and the above mentioned things at times. Maybe check your potassium/calcium intake and just remember calcium supplements are no good without the potassium. These strengthen teeth and bones. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

1 minute ago, Davino said:

That joke was very good.

Didn't you like my Koan joke?

Not sure if I saw that Koan joke, remind me.

As I keep telling you people: GENETICS!

You know that "debunking science" book that your writing? dunno if your still following through with that or not, but if you are, will there be a part/chapter on genetics? Because it seems like its becoming a staple of your explanations, just wondering if you might go into detail in your book or maybe a YouTube episode you have planned.

Just how do you even determine that fluoride gives you brainfog, or anything specific for that matter? Unless it’s instant and really strong

@MarkKol I avoid flouride. I hadn't used it for like 3 years. At the dentist they do with thing where they cover your teeth for like 3 minutes in this flouride past. It definitely creates a happy brain fog.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Just how do you even determine that fluoride gives you brainfog, or anything specific for that matter? Unless it’s instant and really strong

When I drink tap water or even certain brand bottled water like Poland spring, I get a mild headache. I know it's that because it always use to happen after I drink it. So I stopped, only on rare occasions if other options aren't available at the moment. And I have well water at my home.

Posted (edited)

Use hydroxyapatite toothpaste. Make sure to floss regularly, work your way up to it slowly if your gums are weak and bleed easily. Brush your tongue and also the top of your mouth. If it is a natural hydroxyapatite toothpaste, it is essentially going to be entirely edible, you don't have to rinse with water and it is recommended you don't (just spit all of it out without water) and I find that this helps keep the oral microbiome in check for longer (clean, no bad breath). The toothpaste I use has sorbitol and peppermint oil in order to mediate the oral microbiome, so maybe look for those.

Control what you eat, make sure it is not overly sticky and carby. It should be something that your saliva easily breaks down and emulsifies. Essentially stick to whole foods.

In the morning I eat 1 tbsp of butter and coconut oil and coat the inside of my gums and teeth with it, gives it a protective layer. I'll have 1 tbsp at the end of the day too. Let food be your oral medicine. 

Chew thoroughly and properly. Should be like baby food at the end. You can imagine you're chewing as if there is a rock or needle in the food. It's important that your saliva properly lubricates the food and mouth.

Make sure your mouth isn't dry. Hydrate.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Davino said:

My youngest cat is siamese, she's a fucking wild beastxD Yet so sweet and loving. She just has two modes, war and love.

Yes! That's how they are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Francis777 said:

You know that "debunking science" book that your writing? dunno if your still following through with that or not, but if you are, will there be a part/chapter on genetics? Because it seems like its becoming a staple of your explanations, just wondering if you might go into detail in your book or maybe a YouTube episode you have planned.

When I say "genetics" I am not really making any special appeals to science. All I mean is, the stuff about who you are which cannot be changed by any amount of effort. For example, the fact that you have a human body and not a kangaroo body is a function of genetics. And there is nothing you can do to change that, no matter how much spiritual bullshit you consume.

You don't need to be a scientist or a geneticist to make the simple observation that every living organism has a certain foundation for its being which it cannot change and must live with, which define that organism's basic capacities, strengths, and weaknesses.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura like asking an Atari 2600 to be a PS5

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

A Siamese cat is like a luxury sports car.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

Boka Fluoride Free Toothpaste - Nano Hydroxyapatite, Remineralizing, Sensitive Teeth, Whitening - Dentist Recommended for Adult & Kids Oral Care - Ela Mint Flavor, 4 Fl Oz 1 Pk - US Manufactured
https://a.co/d/cNMCmTG

+

Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder - 50g Natural Coconut Charcoal, Effective Teeth Stain Remover and Toothpaste Alternative - Safe for Gums Or Enamel
https://a.co/d/3dTMW9B

+

Uncle Harry's Natural & Fluoride-Free Remineralization Liquid for Tooth Enamel - Freshens Breath & Strengthens Teeth (1 oz Glass Dropper)
https://a.co/d/8e0oXE7

=

How I stopped having cavities without needing fluoride. I definitely eat sugar still lol.

A water flosser + tongue scraper may help as well. The charcoal and BOKA toothpaste are essential.

The Uncle Harry’s remineralization drops work wonders although I had a harder time understanding the health factors. They have other products that seem to work great too but their mouth wash has colloidal silver which was a red flag to me. The drops seem safer, and like I said work really well.

Side note: the Nano-Hydroxyapatite is renowned, in Japan especially, as it is 100% non toxic and already a building block of your teeth. I’ve used that tooth paste for years. Not too many in that price range with it in it. 

Edited by yetineti

Posted (edited)

A Siamese cat is like a luxury sports car.

You know what, I mistakenly took the Siamese for the Himalayan. I always used to mix the names up, as I never owned neither. The Himalayan was the one i meant was a pain in the ass. Always hair balls and looked mean and they're usually unfriendly and finicky. Still love them, though. The Siamese are beautiful. I just googled. Oh my gosh, they're so beautiful.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Posted (edited)

Siamese are the most friendly and gregarious cat. But if you piss them off they will unleash a storm of hurt.

Edited by Leo Gura

Some people are extremely unlucky with dental health. My mom had to have nearly her entire palette replaced with implants by 35, cost her a small fortune.

Me and my sister are both in 30s and neither of us has ever had a cavity or a tooth pulled. I don't even build up plaque the same way other people do, i blame it on lucky genetic lottery.  I've been eating so much sugar during my childhood and adolescence that it can't be any other way. Only been paying proper attention to dental hygiene the last 6-7 years but before it was pretty bad and irregular 

You have your oral microbiome that had been developing your whole life and that's what's protecting you from invasive species. But genetics determine things like ph content in saliva, thickness of the enamel, resilience against damage and irritation, mucosal thickness, dental vasculature (how fast can you call on white blood cells during infection) the activity of local immune system, the thickness and height of gums above the root, resilience of gums to inflammation etc.

. If you grind teeth at night it might weaken it. If you're stressed a lot. A lot of endurance athletes have horrible teeth because of all the crap they eat while fueling themselves during runs. 

It's also things like exposure to alcohol containing mouthwashes, personally I think these things are disastrous, long term, for your oral microbiome balance.

I still use floral toothpaste and see no reason not to, while i have removed a lot of other chemical containing cosmetics like shampoos , commercia deodorants etc,this one I decided to keep, i think the cost of getting it wrong and ending up with erosion is too much of a risk.

Maybe try a few different brands? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus