thenondualtankie

Vietnamese billionaire sentenced to death for $44bn fraud

48 posts in this topic

Crazy story. Not only because she stole a crazy amount of money (almost worth 11% of Vietnam's GDP), but also because she is actually facing justice as a billionaire.

This needs to happen all across the world.

“A society should be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals.”

Glory to Israel

Interesting.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

These people I think are really worst criminals as they hurt so many

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

Crazy story. Not only because she stole a crazy amount of money (almost worth 11% of Vietnam's GDP), but also because she is actually facing justice as a billionaire.

This needs to happen all across the world.

1658937-Jake-Knotts-Quote-If-you-do-the-

13 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

but also because she is actually facing justice as a billionaire.

I looked up Vietnam on the CPI (https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2023/index/vnm). They rank somewhere in the middle at #83, which also makes this significant.

Seems their leadership is in the midst of attempting to crackdown on these kind of things. 

My guess is that she could have continued to get away with what she was doing, if it weren't for the fact that she caused a bank run. A bank run is very bad for the government as a whole. They cannot allow such things.

Posted (edited)

Imagine if Trump got a death sentence for all his lifetime of scams. 

Now that would be law and order.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura before we even get to such a sentencing for trump, we have to first acknowledge the extent of what he's done. I know a lot of people, smart friends of mine tbh, they work in good careers, good companies, some millionaires, good familys, healthy minded, they support trump, think he did nothing wrong, I dont get it ... feels like theres a massive denial in america 

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

At what point does it hit you “oh shit, this actually makes 0 difference in my life”

She was in love with the hustle

39 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

to first acknowledge the extent of what he's done.

Only God knows all the scams Trump has pulled.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine if Trump got a death sentence for all his lifetime of scams. 

Now that would be law and order.

I don't think the law should apply to him in this situation. That would cause a civil war overnight

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, actuallyenlightened said:

I don't think the law should apply to him in this situation. That would cause a civil war overnight

And now you understand why corruption persists in the world.

But also, we don't have laws that execute people for scamming. Although we should.

Edited by Leo Gura

She has scammed 42,000 other victims and will face additional charges for it. Perhaps such charges will result in another death penalty for her in her next incarnation. 😂

In the end, this massive value provider is actually a massive value predator.

Posted (edited)

On 13.4.2024 at 1:20 AM, Leo Gura said:

Although we should.

Giving the state the power to execute individuals (especially politically relevant ones) is a sign of lack of development. There is no reason to execute individuals, under any circumstances, when we have the ability to restrain them.

The killing of a defenseless other is in essence a barbaric act, as it is senseless and achieves no utilitarian gain. It would showcase that the judicial system is uncivilized. But most importantly, it would give the state power it should never have.

On a more fundamental level, the restraint to not kill individuals who even commit the greatest atrocities, akin to Andres Breivik, shows that society will not allow individual actors within it to degrade it's own humanity. By maintaining civility, we maintain the core and pillar of civilization.

The prohibition of killing defenseless individuals serves to remind us that this very act is unconscionable, even if we think we have good reasons for it.

If everyone who thought they had good reasons for killing others would kill others, civilization could not function.

Perhaps even more important is that, the employment and support of capital punishment means that a society has not learned the profound importance of forgiveness as a foundational value that fuels human progress.

And of course, we have various harm-reduction arguments like executions of innocent individuals being inevitable given human error and corruption. Due the irrevocable nature of capital punishment and there being no recourse or ability to correct such mistakes, it is not justifiable to continue this practice, as it serve no proven end, other than the gratification and corruption of individuals who seek revenge.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

19 hours ago, jimwell said:

She has scammed 42,000 other victims and will face additional charges for it. Perhaps such charges will result in another death penalty for her in her next incarnation. 😂

This is precisely the lack of humanity I am speaking of. By condemning this individual to unnecessary death and suffering, we deny our own universality.

This is to say that this person is jimwell's incarnation, and that he will be the next incarnation, too. So, in essence, he is wishing death and suffering upon himself, because his lack of development blinds him to the nature of individuation.

Glory to Israel

32 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Giving the state the power to execute individuals (especially politically relevant ones) is a sign of lack of development. There is no reason to execute individuals, under any circumstances, when we have the ability to restrain them.

The killing of a defenseless other is in essence a barbaric act, as it is senseless and achieves no utilitarian gain. It would showcase that the judicial system is uncivilized. But most importantly, it would give the state power it should never have.

Meh...

I say we execute a dozen Wall Street scammers every year. To keep the rest in check. Will be worth it.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh...

I say we execute a dozen Wall Street scammers every year. To keep the rest in check. Will be worth it.

That's what the chinese said.

Glory to Israel

The funny thing is, by giving power to the state to execute people, realistically, you are giving the most powerful and wealthy the power to execute people, because they are the ones who will have most influence over the system.

It's kind of how democracy in the US no longer is about reflecting the views of the population, but rather, political figures and various interests instilling in the population certain viewpoints that will benefit them.

Like how half of your society was convinced that they cared about denying climate change, when they never did, and never would have if the politicians wouldn't have implanted those issues in their brains.

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

you are giving the most powerful and wealthy the power to execute people, because they are the ones who will have most influence over the system.

They are the ones in need of execution.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are the ones in need of execution.

Lol

Since when have you been a fascist? 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.